Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 2023

36 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Just seen the weakest of weak rumours on twitter that we’re in talks with Forest to loan Dale Taylor. He spent January onwards at Burton and seemed to impress. 

Only 19 so a bit young for what Warne was saying but I wouldn’t be against it. I remember the Burton commentator talking about how well built he was for his age.

Think we would all collectively eat our hats if we loaned anyone from Forest. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Agree it would hit the pride hard. But providing he produced on the pitch we’d get over it. 

Like I say the link is weak at best. But looking at his career projection a loan to a top end league 1 club does make sense.   

9 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Agree it would hit the pride hard. But providing he produced on the pitch we’d get over it. 

Like I say the link is weak at best. But looking at his career projection a loan to a top end league 1 club does make sense.   

Don’t even think it’s from our side as much as theirs. Just zero chance they’re sending anyone to help us out this league. 

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Just seen the weakest of weak rumours on twitter that we’re in talks with Forest to loan Dale Taylor. He spent January onwards at Burton and seemed to impress. 

Only 19 so a bit young for what Warne was saying but I wouldn’t be against it. I remember the Burton commentator talking about how well built he was for his age.

He had a little bit of a purple patch and scored 5 goals in a 5 game period, along with a goal on his debut. 

He was very poor against us, looked like a boy playing men’s football. I don’t think he adds much of anything to us. If we are in for anyone from Forest then Mighten might be worth a look, seems to be regressing somewhat and didn’t do well at Wednesday. He’s a good kid though, so wouldn’t be adverse to see us taking a chance on him. 

5 hours ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Does anyone know if our head of recruitment or manager/staff have any decent contacts at any of the top premier league teams as regards loaning any up and coming stars like Frank managed to do?

From Supporters Charter Group minutes this week: 

Q: Do we have plans to build relationships with certain Premier League clubs with a view to being a loan destination of choice?

A: We already have these strong relationships and we are viewed as a positive place for players to develop, and we saw that with Everton, Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur last season, amongst other clubs. The challenge for us in some ways is Premier League clubs normally want to loan players to League One as a first loan, Lewis Dobbin for example from Everton. We want to build relationships, as well as continue the relationships we’ve built up so far and we’re extremely confident we’ll do that.

13 hours ago, Carnero said:

Of all the players suggested, Sam Nombe ticks the most boxes for what would be the ideal signing. Not sure what sort of fee Exeter would be expecting though, I guess any reasonable offer would have to wait until Knight is sold.

The longer time goes on, the more I'm thinking that that sort of signing is what's coming... 

Sam Nombe (or similar), a loanee (Jebbison from Sheff U? Joseph from Leeds? Parrott from Spurs?) and James Collins as our forward options.

7 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

The longer time goes on, the more I'm thinking that that sort of signing is what's coming... 

Sam Nombe (or similar), a loanee (Jebbison from Sheff U? Joseph from Leeds? Parrott from Spurs?) and James Collins as our forward options.

Jebbison has been linked with some huge clubs.

Mentioned it on the Alfie May thread. But I'd be really happy with Sam Smith.

Not long turned 25. So 5 years younger than May. 13 goals last season and 15 the season before both in League One with a poor side.

Only 25 so scope to improve and a pretty good scoring record. Would imagine he could get similar amount of goals if not more here.

I would imagine if he will have a lot of interest though.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

I don’t think they would care as they have so many players on their books so anyone to pay some wages for those who aren’t going to be played - can’t say I want any of their players who aren’t first team 

51 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Jebbison got quite a few opportunities in the Championship, can’t for the life of me see why he would drop down to League 1 🤔

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Going by the ‘older goalscorer’ comment, considering those players out of contract and fit that profile: Lyle Taylor, Troy Deeney and Martyn Waghorn are three names that seem most likely to me.

Taylor, yes

Deeney, yes

Waggy, no thanks 

2 hours ago, angieram said:

From Supporters Charter Group minutes this week: 

Q: Do we have plans to build relationships with certain Premier League clubs with a view to being a loan destination of choice?

A: We already have these strong relationships and we are viewed as a positive place for players to develop, and we saw that with Everton, Brighton & Hove Albion and Tottenham Hotspur last season, amongst other clubs. The challenge for us in some ways is Premier League clubs normally want to loan players to League One as a first loan, Lewis Dobbin for example from Everton. We want to build relationships, as well as continue the relationships we’ve built up so far and we’re extremely confident we’ll do that.

Thanks for that angie it’s nice to know the club are going down that route, pity Man City and Chelsea weren’t mentioned, although like someone else stated the loan costs could kill any deal.

7 minutes ago, BaianoPOTY98 said:

Thanks for that angie it’s nice to know the club are going down that route, pity Man City and Chelsea weren’t mentioned, although like someone else stated the loan costs could kill any deal.

That was definitely the problem last season, we were told some of the potential loan deals for under 21s were more expensive than getting in first team players. 😳