Rotherham fan in peace.

rojo

14 minutes ago, rojo said:

Well we've done our bit we've survived.

I've followed you all season and sincerely hope you join us, especially if you knock the Owls out.

Best wishes 

Thanks for the best wishes & well done on staying up. Must be a relief after the past 3 times you've been in the Championship.

What's been the difference this time do you think?

11 hours ago, rojo said:

Well we've done our bit we've survived.

I've followed you all season and sincerely hope you join us, especially if you knock the Owls out.

Best wishes 

Yeah, it was obviously important to get that particular monkey off your backs. It's got to be tricky to recruit the quality you need if you're getting a bit of a reputation for slipping straight back after a promotion. Doesn't matter how you do it, just stay up and let next season worry about itself.

I'll be honest, I was fearing for you a bit when you had that massive kick in the nuts from the late Cardiff winner. I watched it and its the sort of result at the sharp end of the season that can make you think that it really isn't going to go your way but fair play, you dusted yourselves down and got over the line against Boro.

Big challenge for us still just to secure a playoff place and needing something Wednesday away on the last day is far from ideal. Don't know whether we've got enough left in the tank to win playoffs because we've stuttered a lot in the last 3rd of the season with a paper thin squad. After all the financial carnage of the last couple of years we were left with just 5 senior players last summer and a transfer fee embargo from the EFL so in fairness it was a cracking effort to assemble a competitive team in such a short space of time. I'd read that we'd actually used fewer players than any one else in the division, by necessity.

Anyway, fingers crossed. Who knows... ? Football eh ?

We played 9 games under Paul Warne at the beginning of the season 14 points. However,we had 3 wins and a draw against Reading, Birmingham, Blackpool and QPR. So with the benefit of hindsight Paul Warne had a relatively easy start.

The difference is very small margins. Matt Taylor recruited 8 players in the January transfer window. Paul Warne has never been a fan of signing players in the January transfer window.

I know it's still difficult for Derby currently in financial terms, but for what it's worth I'm hoping to see you at the New York stadium next season. All the best.

1 hour ago, rojo said:

Paul Warne has never been a fan of signing players in the January transfer window.

To be honest mate, the very mention of the JTW round here is like an actor running on stage on the opening night of a production and shouting "Macbeth!!" at the top of his voice. 

Congratulations on staying up, I hope we get the opportunity to play you next season at the NYS - it's a good day out.