Player of the season?

TuffLuff

Yes McGoldrick has been fantastic, but for me he’s missed too many games. If he’d played more games m, I’d give it to him, but for me it has to be Wildsmith for  me - came into the club under the radar, a pretty quiet start and lacking confidence, grew in stature and his confidence grew and grew. He’s saved us from defeat so many with stand out saves and he’s been ever present. I’d agree his form has slightly dipped in last 4/5 games, but so has every one ensues too and I don’t think his has dipped as much as other players has. 
Wildsmith for me 😃🐏

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My vote would be for Chrissy Martin, but some wally let him go.

So, gonna have to go for McG.

I think we offered him a deal.  Despite giving him a great platform to play when he was going to sign for Swindon and another 3 year deal at 25k a week when he was quite hit and miss, he told us to stick it and went for more money to Bristol.  His choice 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Has Wildsmith been that good or are people using the false measure of comparing him to Roos for us which then flatters his performances (no howlers or clangers dropped therefore must be an accomplished keeper?)

Don't know myself which is why I'm asking 

Imo he has been that good and has only slipped recently because of mistakes from the defense

2 hours ago, NorwichExile said:

It's Didzy, but I'm a bit surprised by the lack of love for NML. Not only does he (allegedly) have a massive wang, but he has been our most creative player not named Didzy by a mile. Even when he's forced to play further back, he's still been a major threat.

I think up to January he was well in the conversation.  But his form has dropped off a lot this last few months - hopefully yesterday was a sign of things to come for the remainder of the season.

Didzy is a joy to watch when he's on it. Different class.

Honourable shouts to NML, consistently exciting and involved in a lot of our best stuff. Wildsmith had been solid all season and exceptional in a spell during our unbeaten run.

Everyone else has been really good and fairly average for periods.

Can't see it going anywhere but McG to be honest.

I’ve been big on Cashin all season, but feel like McGoldrick probably deserves it at this point. 

Disappointed that Knight, Bird and Sibley haven’t done more to even be in this conversation. They’re obviously all more than capable.

12 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

Didzy is a joy to watch when he's on it. Different class.

Honourable shouts to NML, consistently exciting and involved in a lot of our best stuff. Wildsmith had been solid all season and exceptional in a spell during our unbeaten run.

Everyone else has been really good and fairly average for periods.

Can't see it going anywhere but McG to be honest.

You've hit the nail on the head here. I think NML/Cashin/Forsyth if they could have maintained close to their peak form would be more worthy contenders because they were more consistently involved in any given game than McGoldrick, which is my main reservation about him, but can't argue with his return on goals/assists, plus his popularity (for his flair as much as anything else) means he'll win it.

Wildsmith has been the best keeper we've had in a long time and has barely put a foot wrong - no complaints from me if he were to win it.

Mcgoldrick by a distance.

Wildsmith would’ve been my choice at Christmas, but has dropped off a bit since then.

cashin also had a good first half of the season but has been below par for a while now.

mcgoldrick

wildsmith

fozzy 

would be my order

Still Cashin. Think people have been very harsh in their criticism of him in recent weeks. He’s made a few mistakes but the defence has been all over the place - Forsyth in particular has been dreadful for a while. Not having to cover for him meant Cashin looked more himself on Friday.

Honourable shout to McGoldrick, but he’s missed too many games to give it him imo.

3 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Still Cashin. Think people have been very harsh in their criticism of him in recent weeks. He’s made a few mistakes but the defence has been all over the place - Forsyth in particular has been dreadful for a while. Not having to cover for him meant Cashin looked more himself on Friday.

Honourable shout to McGoldrick, but he’s missed too many games to give it him imo.

The fact that he was playing against a team who've only scored 29 goals in 40 games (6 of those from Wickham who left in Jan) may also have been a factor!

I'm not sure I'd consider being unavailable for 6 league games (the bread and butter, granted it's another 5 if you incldue cups) enough to exclude McGoldrick from winning the award - he's still made 39 appearances.

Edited by Kokosnuss