Forest Green Rovers (A) Friday 7th April, 3pm KO

55 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

I think White has talent, but doesn’t really suit us/this division.

Hes decent with the ball, certainly a good passing range. But off the ball he’s poor. He let’s players run off him all the time and he really struggles positionally when the opposition counters, our midfield looks incredibly open when he plays. 

I don’t like to sound to down on a young player and I think he’d do well for a Champ team who are willing to give him a more advanced role with less defensive responsibilities.

I think Warne realises this and that’s why he hasn’t played much recently. I thought he was an odd signing when he came in, not really what we needed.

Maybe he was the best of what we could get midfield-wise after Birds injury, so we took him anyway. Personally I don’t see him as any better than our own Liam Thompson.

White is better offensively, but Liam is better defensively.

Yes so the problem is you can’t play White and Hourihane (wrong mix). And Warne picks the latter who looks pretty on the ball and pretty uninterested off it 

5 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes so the problem is you can’t play White and Hourihane (wrong mix). And Warne picks the latter who looks pretty on the ball and pretty uninterested off it 

Yep can’t really play White with Hourihane, or Sibley (if you’re playing Sibley in midfield).

Hourihane offers more defensively and offensively for me, but White should have been bought on for Hourihane more in the latter stages of games, to keep Hourihane’s fitness at a better level.

was at the game yesterday , thought we did ok in what was a potential banana skin of a game, yes it wasnt pretty but at this stage of the season its the points that matter whichever way you get them . i see the same old faces are out in force calling out the manager , players , tactics , subs etc but i still believe everybody is doing their best for this football club under challenging circumstances

1 hour ago, Premier ram said:

was at the game yesterday , thought we did ok in what was a potential banana skin of a game, yes it wasnt pretty but at this stage of the season its the points that matter whichever way you get them . i see the same old faces are out in force calling out the manager , players , tactics , subs etc but i still believe everybody is doing their best for this football club under challenging circumstances

I agree the game yesterday was not a feast of footballing skills.

I wonder what the ratio is for managers being sacked because of a lack of results against those managers sacked for not playing pretty football! 😂

8 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I wonder what the ratio is for managers being sacked because of a lack of results against those managers sacked for not playing pretty football! 😂

Dirty Leeds*never threatened to sack Revie.

Cloughie# lasted 44 days!

*Boring cheats 

#iexciting, open football everywhere but the above!

34 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Warne is going no where, we need to build and give him the time to build a team (not intended for you @Elwood P Dowd, a general comment). None of this changing every five minutes, we are not Chelsea. 

An evolving fact, by 2025 we will be stood no more than 10 feet from a former Chelsea manager......just saying  

17 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Warne is going no where, we need to build and give him the time to build a team (not intended for you @Elwood P Dowd, a general comment). None of this changing every five minutes, we are not Chelsea. 

An evolving fact, by 2025 we will be stood no more than 10 feet from a former Chelsea manager......just saying  

Loosing a game 5-4 using pretty football does not satisfy supporters, PW can only use the players he has, to obtain results required from him by the supporters and the club. 🐏🐏🐏

21 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Really good post until the just saying bit at the end….just saying 🤔

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Didzy on form is probably our MVP no matter where we play him. The question is where he’s most most valuable.  The outstanding moment of football in the game yesterday was his divine through ball to Collins (the chance duly fluffed). And he plays passes of that quality frequently. He’s had a few poor games recently partly I guess because up top he is heavily marked, frequently isolated and because we don’t deliver the ball to him well on the ground, where he wants it. We create opportunities in the air from ‘wide spaces’ but Didzy is not the strongest in the air (he actually doesn’t jump that well), and despite his height and physicality Collins rarely gets on the end of a cross meaning all the good work from eg NML putting crosses in culminates in towering headers from Knight who momentarily looks like he is playing for the Under 11s. 

We have played several thousand minutes of football this season and I can’t recall once Didzy sitting deep and eg Sibley and Barks and NML playing ahead of him to receive his defence splitting passes. I’m not saying it’ll work. I’m saying we should have tried it as a way to get this squad playing better and to give us a better chance against the strong teams (whom we need to beat to go up and where we do not have a good record )

I can't possibly comprehend why you would sacrifice his goalscoring, for him to create chances for players who are nowhere near as good at finishing as he is.

Game of opinions though.

Ugly but effective, a term used to describe me on more than one occasion.

Positives were Roberts looking composed at the back and positive going forwards. I think left of a back 3 is his best position.

Chester getting minutes and showing he's still class, even if his legs are shot.

Collins looks much better in a 3, but still ends up on the ball out wide too often and can't cross for sausage.

Didzy makes watching Derby fun.

Negatives? My neck hurts.

On 07/04/2023 at 12:16, Jimbo Ram said:

We will expect a full report….in German of course 😁

Achh So ich gehe zum der fussball matchen  im Borissia Dortmund v Union Berlin.

Der fussball wir sehr gut mit zippen passen und tippen tappen, also der fizzen zum grassen. Also sehr, sehr gutten ist kein krappen reffen, und ich bin sehr happy!

30 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Achh So ich gehe zum der fussball matchen  im Borissia Dortmund v Union Berlin.

Der fussball wir sehr gut mit zippen passen und tippen tappen, also der fizzen zum grassen. Also sehr, sehr gutten ist kein krappen reffen, und ich bin sehr happy!

Sehr gut!! Hadn’t realised that ‘also’ was the same in 🇩🇪 🤣

4 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I can't possibly comprehend why you would sacrifice his goalscoring, for him to create chances for players who are nowhere near as good at finishing as he is.

Game of opinions though.

We’re not scoring many with him up top. We didn’t score against Ipswich in fact he missed a chance he should have taken with his head. We made FGR look decent - embarrassing - and we didn’t score a real  goal from open play. And we were scoreless against Peterborough and err Fleetwood. Didzy aside, Sibley has been our most potent in front of goal recently and Barks was showing decent instincts in front of goal a couple of months ago.NML showed us earlier in the season that he knows how to score.  I wish we’d tried ages ago playing Didzy deeper and aiming for him to deliver killer passes to runners. Might be too late now 

22 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We’re not scoring many with him up top. We didn’t score against Ipswich in fact he missed a chance he should have taken with his head. We made FGR look decent - embarrassing - and we didn’t score a real  goal from open play. And we were scoreless against Peterborough and err Fleetwood. Didzy aside, Sibley has been our most potent in front of goal recently and Barks was showing decent instincts in front of goal a couple of months ago.NML showed us earlier in the season that he knows how to score.  I wish we’d tried ages ago playing Didzy deeper and aiming for him to deliver killer passes to runners. Might be too late now 

We did score a real goal against Ipswich.