How many wins to make playoffs

Curtains

16 minutes ago, Thameram said:

We need 3 wins from 4 i reckon so exeter,burton and portsmouth

I agree but none of those will be easy. Burton of course should be the easiest but, they’ve started to hit form and I wouldn’t like to try and predict such a local derby. 

3 minutes ago, Blondest Goat said:

Anyone who has watched us since Barnsley must surely see we're not even close to being good enough to go up.  Need a big summer to stand any chance next season too.

There have been spells (first half against Peterborough, Plymouth and MKD for example) when we have looked decent to good but failed to capitalise. I'd say we need a good summer (signings and pre-season). A "big summer to stand a chance next season" is probably a tad over the top IMO.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

There have been spells (first half against Peterborough, Plymouth and MKD for example) when we have looked decent to good but failed to capitalise. I'd say we need a good summer (signings and pre-season). A "big summer to stand a chance next season" is probably a tad over the top IMO.

Would imagine all the teams from 7th to 15th or so have had spells in games where they have looked decent.  It doesn't get you promoted.

I think we need a big summer on the basis that a few of the squad will be leaving, there are a handful more that may as well as they offer little and then as well as replacing all those we need to add more numbers for squad depth. 

Plus the manager appears to be taking us backwards so even if we started next season with the same group of players theres nothing in recent form to suggest we would be anything above mid-table.

On 08/04/2023 at 16:23, Tamworthram said:

A friend of mine (Arsenal supporter but is football mad and will go to games even when the gunners aren't playing) was at the Burton game yesterday. He said he's never seen them work so hard this season (he is a regular there) and they deserved their win. You just know they'll at least match that effort when they play Derby.

2 wins should do it now.

20 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

2 wins should do it now.

Not if the teams above us also win two.

It's not in our hands, we are relying on teams losing too.

Possibly 2 wins and a draw might do it- if Peterborough drop PTS on Saturday.

Bolton have a game in hand and better fixtures to play.

We haven't done too bad considering we have the least number of squad players in the division.

Although wouldn't like to play Wendies, Ipswich or Plymouth in the play offs. 

Edited by Charliegeorge1962

On 16/04/2023 at 12:23, Blondest Goat said:

Anyone who has watched us since Barnsley must surely see we're not even close to being good enough to go up.  Need a big summer to stand any chance next season too.

We're not but its a hard league to get out of and there are no guarantees we will have better chance next year esp if there are key departures. Who knows may be a few point deductions next year in championship also

We need to win the next 2. That is a given!! Then see where we’re at going into the last game. Assume we do that, Only scenario where it’s done and dusted going to Hillsborough is if Posh only pick up 1 point in next 2 games and Bolton pick up 2 points in their next 3. Likelihood is we will need a point at least against Wednesday to be absolutely certain although we could well go there not get the result we need but if Posh don’t get what they need at Barnsley we get in the playoffs anyway. 

As @Carnero said, we could do with Barnsley beating Ipswich to give themselves a chance of autos going into that last game with Posh.

On 16/04/2023 at 12:36, Blondest Goat said:

Would imagine all the teams from 7th to 15th or so have had spells in games where they have looked decent.  It doesn't get you promoted.

I think we need a big summer on the basis that a few of the squad will be leaving, there are a handful more that may as well as they offer little and then as well as replacing all those we need to add more numbers for squad depth. 

Plus the manager appears to be taking us backwards so even if we started next season with the same group of players theres nothing in recent form to suggest we would be anything above mid-table.

….. I think you ought to factor in our somewhat limited ability in the transfer market. I wish a few on here would understand what PW can do with the EF ducking L embargo. We can’t compete for many ‘given’ targets despite what some might think. 

1 hour ago, SKRam said:

Initial allocation  of just north of 2k for Wednesday can’t be right???? 

Away allocation reduced to around 3k ?

Due to sweaty rotund Geordies complaining about walkways and tunnels not being wide enough in the cup match earlier this season.

Is Gazza's mate, "5 bellies", still going?

9 hours ago, europia said:

We do need to win all the remaining games. Maybe Sheff Wed will already have settled for 3rd place by the time we play them? I'm clutching at straws here.

Do you think Posh will pick up at least 4 points against Ipswich and Barnsley?

I would say we “might” need to win all the remaining games but hopefully not.

12 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Do you think Posh will pick up at least 4 points against Ipswich and Barnsley?

I would say we “might” need to win all the remaining games but hopefully not.

It's quite likely to go to the final game of the season. So it could be a bit tricky.