How many wins to make playoffs

Curtains

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

If we do fail to take full advantage of the Easter fixtures, we could be heading for a summer of discontent.

Mr Clowes removed all the nails from the coffin last summer... and smashed the lid into splinters, for good measure!

🐏

Agreed that we could be going in to the summer with a sour taste in our mouths. Personally think Warne deserves the summer to recruit his way but if we start slow the knives will be sharpening at least from the fans.

31 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Agreed that we could be going in to the summer with a sour taste in our mouths. Personally think Warne deserves the summer to recruit his way but if we start slow the knives will be sharpening at least from the fans.

I really don’t see it. Initial disappointment (until it sinks in what LR and PW faced) yes but no sour taste or sharpening of knives except for the minority of idiots hiding behind social media. I would/will be disappointed but anyone feeling bitter or calling for the managers head if we either fail in the play offs or fall short by finishing 7th or 8th really need to have a word with themselves.

13 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I really don’t see it. Initial disappointment (until it sinks in what LR and PW faced) yes but no sour taste or sharpening of knives except for the minority of idiots hiding behind social media. I would/will be disappointed but anyone feeling bitter or calling for the managers head if we either fail in the play offs or fall short by finishing 7th or 8th really need to have a word with themselves.

Not saying its right, but in this day and age if we drop out the play offs. Then start next season slowly the fans will start to turn. I mean half the fans threw their toys out their prams when LR was let go for PW, so he's hardly on the most stable of footings. 

Ultimately DC might be a strong enough person to stick to his plan and lets be honest unless PW has a nightmare we'll always be in and around the top 10. But momentum can play a big part in football and at the very least we need to try and stop the rot because at the moment our momentum is all backwards.

6 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Not saying its right, but in this day and age if we drop out the play offs. Then start next season slowly the fans will start to turn. I mean half the fans threw their toys out their prams when LR was let go for PW, so he's hardly on the most stable of footings. 

Ultimately DC might be a strong enough person to stick to his plan and lets be honest unless PW has a nightmare we'll always be in and around the top 10. But momentum can play a big part in football and at the very least we need to try and stop the rot because at the moment our momentum is all backwards.

Baffled as to where you get some of your figures from. You previously inferred that 'Derby fans' would turn against PW if we had a slow start next season - opinion without anything substantial to back up that opinion. Now 'half the fans threw their toys out their prams when LR was let go for PW' - based on what exactly, a few posts on a football forum? No doubt there was a level of disappointment from some posters on here which I could understand but to extrapolate that to represent half of the Derby County fan base is nonsense without any additional support to justify that comment.

Having looked at Bolton, Peterboro, Wycombe, Portsmouth and Derby's remaining fixtures I think Bolton will remain in 5th spot with the extra game to play giving them the edge. Peterboro have the most difficult games and have already lost 15 games so far, can see them losing another 3 in the remaining games. Wycombe, have on paper the easiest remaining fixtures. Get past Ipswich with any points and they look to be a strong bet for that 6th spot, but with 4 of their 7 games away (Ipswich, Morecambe, Cambridge, Portsmouth) hopefully they might stumble on their travels. Portsmouth also have 4 away games with Shrewsbury/Derby being tough matches. They have lost the joint least games in these teams (10 the same as Bolton). The Derby v Portsmouth game could be a crucial decider in taking a top 6 spot.

Derby out of the 5 teams have won the least away games and with also 4 matches to travel to need to secure wins.  Forest Green Rovers needs to be 3 points, anything less will be no good. I feel that we need to also win at either Bristol or Exeter to achieve enough points. It's possible that 12 points could be enough to nick 6th spot, but that's relying on the others dropping points. The next 3 fixtures for us are possibly the ones we need to get 9 pts. This will put us in the driving seat against the others, also it will boost the squads confidence for the remaining tricky 4 games.

So I'm saying 4 wins required or 3 wins and 3 draws.

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Baffled as to where you get some of your figures from. You previously inferred that 'Derby fans' would turn against PW if we had a slow start next season - opinion without anything substantial to back up that opinion. Now 'half the fans threw their toys out their prams when LR was let go for PW' - based on what exactly, a few posts on a football forum? No doubt there was a level of disappointment from some posters on here which I could understand but to extrapolate that to represent half of the Derby County fan base is nonsense without any additional support to justify that comment.

Well I’m not a time traveller. 

According to you nobody can predict what might happen in the future because they don’t have any evidence. 

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Having a look at the difficulty of our fixtures compared to our rivals.

Wycombe and Bolton have an easier run than us, with Peterborough only having a slightly harder set of games.

image.thumb.png.a895a7648983e50534a81ab7062b0cf5.png

Heaven alone knows what the “average opta power ranking” is supposed to mean.

Probably nothing more technical than “if you’re playing teams in good form it will be tougher than if you play teams in poor form”😀

On 06/04/2023 at 12:59, Tamworthram said:

Heaven alone knows what the “average opta power ranking” is supposed to mean.

Probably nothing more technical than “if you’re playing teams in good form it will be tougher than if you play teams in poor form”😀

“You’ll only get 3 points if you score at least one more goal than the other shower!”