Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

18 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Warne has a 4 year contract, until he has his own players he shouldn’t be judged.

Clowes won’t sack Warne anyway, his recent interview for Marketing Derby talked about 5 years to become an established Championship team.

I’m glad Clowes is the fan in charge of the club and not some of the clowns on here!

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Needs time to build his squad. No guarantees in football though. On paper after the 🚜 boys we have some winnable games but going to be awfully difficult to stay in the top 6 now.

1 minute ago, popside ossie end popside said:

Not offering  NOT has a meaning.  i said stick to footy cant you read?

I can, sorry. I was talking about Mendez-Laing, the person who plays football for derby county, who gets a questionable song sung about him by football fans, at football matches. Apologies if that's too off-topic for you.

As much as the football the last couple of weeks has been hideous, the squad is still outperforming compared to my expectations. I was hoping for a top half finish and we'll comfortably manage that fingers crossed.

What's killed our points total is mainly against the top half teams, particularly away from home. I think if Warne wants to play this high tempo Klopp style football, the squad needs overhauling again in the summer. The defence was our foundation when we was on the unbeaten run, however too much tinkering at the back has disrupted the cohesion and we are conceding silly goals. 

In a strange way, the more we try to play Paul Warne football, the worse the team looks across the pitch. When he compromised and slightly changed the attacking style, we looked as dangerous as any of the top 6. Now we look all over the place. The idea of pumping tonnes crosses in is poor, considering we have no aerial threat in the team. This team have played best on the counter attack and playing in-between the lines. Whether that's down to a style change or fatigue, we can't seem to get going. I think it's more fatigue and the manager not freshing the team. The constant pressing and lack of rotation in the easier games has cost us, especially at home.

Sadly we’re not good enough the long unbeaten run I knew was going to come back and haunt us as soon as we got beaten we’ve started to look deflated! A big summer ahead I think Davies , Forsyth , Collins , Chester , stearman definitely get rid of plus I think Knight , Bird and sibley possibly Mcgolderick will probably go ( maybe one year in the championship)

as I said a few weeks ago I think we won’t be in the playoffs come the end of the season but I think we will come back mentally stronger 

22 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Warne has a 4 year contract, until he has his own players he shouldn’t be judged.

Clowes won’t sack Warne anyway, his recent interview for Marketing Derby talked about 5 years to become an established Championship team.

I’m glad Clowes is the fan in charge of the club and not some of the clowns on here!

5 years to become an established Championship team??? Hell's teeth not exactly setting his ambitions high is he? 

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I think its the south stand who'd like to get a grip of it, seeing as they sing about the contents of his underpants every game.

South stand dont always make the best songs.   With that said it is the south stand creating an atmosphere which contributes to us being strong at home!

Nothing racial though hense the cashin song and martin song

Edited by The_Sheriff
Grammar

1 minute ago, oodledoodle said:

I can, sorry. I was talking about Mendez-Laing, the person who plays football for derby county, who gets a questionable song sung about him by football fans, at football matches. Apologies if that's too off-topic for you.

Apology NOT accepted. Out on the lash, not in the mood for your sort tonight. Stop looking to push your woke agenda on here, its a footy site, end of

I paid my £10 Rams TV fee even though I knew I would miss the second half. I got on the train to Brighton at 4 and saw Posh had made two changes at HT and said to the Mrs we will lose this 2 nil. I have no idea what happened second half, but based on a quick scout on here, and a look at the BBC stats, it would seem we did nothing to counteract their changes, and again made some baffling substitutions. I will tell you lot again, Warne is pretty clueless when it comes to tactics. He is good at getting super fit athletes outrunning and out muscling average footballers.  

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Needs time to build his squad. No guarantees in football though. On paper after the 🚜 boys we have some winnable games but going to be awfully difficult to stay in the top 6 now.

I think we have to have the mental strength if we do drop out of the top 6 (which could happen next week to be fair) , to fight our way back again. And stay there.  

12 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

So if we get in the playoffs you'd rather us lose them? Bizarre

Absolutely...it's called choice fella, We're not equipped for the Championship, Call it bizarre, Call it Penelope if you wish I don't give a sh1t, If you've been watching DCFC for as long as I have...56 years I think that gives me a right to choose what I wish...enjoy your Cocoa tonight 😁 

Apology NOT accepted. Out on the lash, not in the mood for your sort tonight. Stop looking to push your woke agenda on here, its a footy site, end of

Whilst out, go and tell every black man you see that they must have a massive wang. Let me know how you get on.

30 minutes ago, JPRamFan said:

Why did you leave out Bolton and Barnsley, who we totally outplayed in both games.

Actually you’re kidding yourself if you believe that. Can’t speak for Barnsley and you were far the better team at Pride Park where we were abysmal but at the UniBol we were much the better team but just wasteful in front of goal. You pinched that one but that was a big blow to both of us today, especially after your first half performance. Posh, other than playing Ipswich have a pretty simple run in on paper so if we’re not careful they could pip one of us for that top six spot. We seem to be just coming back to form now that we’re getting our injured players back so hopefully we can push on to consolidate. It’s going to be a tough month looking ahead and I think we both need to accept that it’s going to be a real fight from here on in? 

56 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How many players we had before the season is entirely irrelevant, other than to suggest how well people off the pitch have done. To judge Warne, you look at the squad he had when he took over. That’s a top 2 squad. I cannot emphasise enough how s*** this league is. It really is terrible. To not even make top 6 is completely unacceptable.

Unacceptable against what measure? In no way is Warne faultless in this, he does appear to be somewhat limited tactically or at least very stubborn in how he wants his team to play. And you could say a more rounded manager may well look at the makeup of the squad and say “this group aren’t right for my tactics so I’ll adapt”….wait…Warne did do that when he tried and failed with 3 at the back then went on an unbeaten run, he’s just making a go of it with what he has and for some reason he and the squad have been found wanting over this poor run.
We have to remember football isn’t played on paper, there’s no “shoulds” here, the league may be lacking in certain quality compared to the leagues above but it is competitive to a point which is what we’re finding out now. The other clubs towards the top of the table are ahead of us in terms of their planning and recruitment to escape this league, that’s it, you can be dismissive about the fact we only had 5 players but that’s very much relevant to where we are. You can’t build a house on limited foundations and that’s exactly what we had in the summer. If this squad was a top 2 squad, it would be right? You can’t genuinely believe an imbalanced and restricted squad made up of aging players and players early in their careers, without any real depth “should” be top 2?
The owner gave an interview the other day saying the ideal scenario is a return to the championship within 5 years, some may need to temper their expectations and find some perspective.

Yes it’s rubbish that our form has dropped off, yes it’s frustrating seeing us lose, however no…it’s not the end of the world.
If we don’t go up this season what’s the worst that happens? We lose some players? A quick read through the matchday threads will show how fickle some people’s admiration for the players can be anyway, and players will leave and some new ones will join….thus has it ever been.
Worst case scenario appears to be we stop down another season, continue to build on the foundations slowly being laid and see where we are in the future when Warne has recruited the players to play the end to end chaotic football he loves 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

2 minutes ago, Warren Blufitt said:

Actually you’re kidding yourself if you believe that. Can’t speak for Barnsley and you were far the better team at Pride Park where we were abysmal but at the UniBol we were much the better team but just wasteful in front of goal. You pinched that one but that was a big blow to both of us today, especially after your first half performance. Posh, other than playing Ipswich have a pretty simple run in on paper so if we’re not careful they could pip one of us for that top six spot. We seem to be just coming back to form now that we’re getting our injured players back so hopefully we can push on to consolidate. It’s going to be a tough month looking ahead and I think we both need to accept that it’s going to be a real fight from here on in? 

Yes I am talking about the game in January, not the game at your place.

19 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

The post literally one up from yours is saying nothing but positives. Maybe your inability to read is what's making it hard to find the right forum.

Yep- my inability to read. Nice one.

I think the post you’re referring to which I gave a ‘like’ to - got posted as I was crafting mine.

Only one willy on here with rather a big head     Got plenty of black mates  d*** h**d

Oh so you're not black? Just speaking with authority on what offends black people like me? Colour me absolutely shocked. Shocked I say. Have a nice night out, sorry to have interrupted it by replying every time you reply to me.