Thanks a lot ref

B4ev6is

6 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I was watching with my brother-in-law (a Hereford and Arsenal fan - please do judge him) and he thought it was a penalty and I'm undecided.

But you seem to have polled everybody at the game and who was watching on TV other than us two.

I say 'seem to' because the only other conclusion I can arrive at is that you pulled that 95% stat from right out of your ass, and I'm sure you wouldn't do that.

giphy.gif

RE the notion that referees cannot possibly be corrupt, and that the ruling bodies don't have an agenda: In his autobiography, Mark Halsey openly states that the Premiership leaned on them to favour the big teams, and to keep the big name players on the pitch. And just this week, Mark Clattenburg, who for some reason was very highly rated, is quoted as saying to either a Leicester or Everton player "I should have sent you off, but i didn't do it because I wanted yous to win".

ANd if it is just incompetence and not anything else, then these crap decisions would affect both teams in a match equally, but they don't. Think of the blatant time-wasting in recent games which the officials did nothing about. Even on Saturday when the ref booked a player for throwing the ball away fairly early on - he didn't book anybody else for doing the same thing. And the number of strong, even violent challenges he let go was ridiculous. Plus 2 good penalty shouts turned down, then a non-penalty given against. Or last season where a huge number of clear penalty shouts were turned down. IT has gone on match after match after match after match after match after match, with one team getting all the leniency. Yes, we have had a few dodgy decisions go in our favour, which may be incompetence. But there is much m ore than that.

Even so, although last night's decision did decide the game, it is still our fault that we have to rely on the ref getting it right. We should make it that his crapness doesn't actually matter. The game should either have been out of sight, or we should have shut up shot and kept them out, or even  changed our formation and tactics to make them have to adapt to what we have done, instead of the other way round.

51 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

RE the notion that referees cannot possibly be corrupt, and that the ruling bodies don't have an agenda: In his autobiography, Mark Halsey openly states that the Premiership leaned on them to favour the big teams, and to keep the big name players on the pitch. And just this week, Mark Clattenburg, who for some reason was very highly rated, is quoted as saying to either a Leicester or Everton player "I should have sent you off, but i didn't do it because I wanted yous to win".

Mark Halsey comment here...https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mark-halsey-referee-pgmol-fa-claims-accusations-lie-sergio-aguero-manchester-city-united-a7224916.html

Mark Clattenburg cleared of a racial slur...https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/10/29/mark-clattenburg-racial-slur_n_2036901.html?racism-in-football

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Does not even make contract and ref should no penalty get up or your off.

Another ridiculous rose tinted comment, not much contact gair enough but he clearly did catch his foot, enough to go down, I doubt it, but when I  motion you have your leg knocked it upsets uour balance so it is plausible he would have gone over without the exaggerated dive.

We also need to remember, the referees view was from jn Lane with their player and White beyond him, so it would have looked like more contact in any case. 

I feel the ref got caught up in the atmosphere and reacted too quickly, then with hindsight maybe thought it was soft, hence the comment to Smith, but without VAR or help from the linesman he would find it difficult to change the decision, if he'd waited yo process what happened, rather than blown straight away, or waited aftrr blowing the whistle before pointing to the spot, he may have decided it was not enough for a pen and therefore simulation. 

In real time with the TV angle, I reacted with an expletive and then the ref blew, so my gut reaction was it was a dodgy challenge, but we have to remember the TV angle in this case was better than the refs as we saw it with the players side by side, not 1 behind the other so depth perception is potentially compromised. 

And if angles don't make a difference to perception, tell me you have never jumped up to celebrate a goal when it has hit the side netting.....

We need to move on, we just weren't good enough, frustrating as it is, but we are doing better than we really had a right to expect at the end of June last year.

Edited by Rich84
Typo

14 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

ANd if it is just incompetence and not anything else, then these crap decisions would affect both teams in a match equally, but they don't. Think of the blatant time-wasting in recent games which the officials did nothing about. Even on Saturday when the ref booked a player for throwing the ball away fairly early on - he didn't book anybody else for doing the same thing. And the number of strong, even violent challenges he let go was ridiculous. Plus 2 good penalty shouts turned down, then a non-penalty given against. Or last season where a huge number of clear penalty shouts were turned down. IT has gone on match after match after match after match after match after match, with one team getting all the leniency. Yes, we have had a few dodgy decisions go in our favour, which may be incompetence. But there is much m ore than that.

Even so, although last night's decision did decide the game, it is still our fault that we have to rely on the ref getting it right. We should make it that his crapness doesn't actually matter. The game should either have been out of sight, or we should have shut up shot and kept them out, or even  changed our formation and tactics to make them have to adapt to what we have done, instead of the other way round.

Good post - has changed my perspective somewhat. It's not evidence there's an ongoing agenda against Derby (there almost certainly isn't) but it is evidence that the assumption of even-handedness may be just that - an assumption! Really disappointing if true but just goes to show the Premier Leauge is a cash cow first and a sport second. The spectacle takes precedence over the integrity of the competition apparently...

Edited by Red Ram

Even in the Premier League with the (allegedly) best officials and with the help, or hindrance, of VAR there are still some right dodgy decisions. 
The Championship, as we well know, then has the next tier down of poor refs and League 1 then has what’s left and so on and so on…..

Their decisions can indeed affect games but we have to live with that unfortunately. 
The best answer is either don’t give them decisions to make or just score more goals than the opposition anyway. Easy…

Bleating after every loss about the ref and spouting about EFL conspiracies etc is frankly embarrassing and makes us look pathetic. 

We lost - move on. 

2 hours ago, Rambervalley said:

Even in the Premier League with the (allegedly) best officials and with the help, or hindrance, of VAR there are still some right dodgy decisions. 
The Championship, as we well know, then has the next tier down of poor refs and League 1 then has what’s left and so on and so on…..

Their decisions can indeed affect games but we have to live with that unfortunately. 
The best answer is either don’t give them decisions to make or just score more goals than the opposition anyway. Easy…

Bleating after every loss about the ref and spouting about EFL conspiracies etc is frankly embarrassing and makes us look pathetic. 

We lost - move on. 

Because it is true.

7 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Another ridiculous rose tinted comment, not much contact gair enough but he clearly did catch his foot, enough to go down, I doubt it, but when I  motion you have your leg knocked it upsets uour balance so it is plausible he would have gone over without the exaggerated dive.

We also need to remember, the referees view was from jn Lane with their player and White beyond him, so it would have looked like more contact in any case. 

I feel the ref got caught up in the atmosphere and reacted too quickly, then with hindsight maybe thought it was soft, hence the comment to Smith, but without VAR or help from the linesman he would find it difficult to change the decision, if he'd waited yo process what happened, rather than blown straight away, or waited aftrr blowing the whistle before pointing to the spot, he may have decided it was not enough for a pen and therefore simulation. 

In real time with the TV angle, I reacted with an expletive and then the ref blew, so my gut reaction was it was a dodgy challenge, but we have to remember the TV angle in this case was better than the refs as we saw it with the players side by side, not 1 behind the other so depth perception is potentially compromised. 

And if angles don't make a difference to perception, tell me you have never jumped up to celebrate a goal when it has hit the side netting.....

We need to move on, we just weren't good enough, frustrating as it is, but we are doing better than we really had a right to expect at the end of June last year.

What game you were watching that kicked lumps out of us and ref did not want to know were was our pen when we had a shot and there player handball then.

Any contact was very minimal. One has to wonder what the player concerned is doing in a contact sport when he appears to be poleaxed by a feather-like contact. As I said in a previous post, causality has been removed from the Laws of the game, It needs putting back.

18 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What game you were watching that kicked lumps out of us and ref did not want to know were was our pen when we had a shot and there player handball then.

The decision has been made, the game has finished, the result can't be changed. Perhaps it might be an idea to put all your energy into the next game and move on?

Thought they were the better team, but didn't , really threaten. I can remember Derby playing like that, cutting teams half open but no or little shots on target. Roberts needs shooting for the  first goal, he left his man. The penalty was not a penalty.

I thought Plymouth would be better but then again I thought for 60% of the game we would be as well. I am hoping Max Bird is the answer.

5 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

People seem to forget we have had plenty of dodgy decisions in our favour over the course of the season. Swings and roundabouts, move on!

You made a list, cos I'm struggling to think of many?