Does jake rooney play on tuesday

B4ev6is

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys does jake rooney come in at right back or come into midfield we been lacking some steel in recent weeks certainly consider him there guys.

I dont get why he is not getting a look in at the side at the moment in time rooney who could have made the difference.

There could be place for him somewhere on the pitch and I do rate him however,  whilst neither White or Hourihane had great games (but then again, who did?) I think both will have a much better chance to flourish at home against a team like Cheltenham.

Bizarre as it may sound given yesterday’s shambles, I wouldn’t expect many changes for Tuesday given that game will present a much different type of challenge. It could be a game that calls for more guile than steel in order to break down what might be a stubborn Cheltenham team.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 minute ago, Ramifications said:

I no longer like Sibley at left back. I do however think he should be in the team. Who gives up a place for him, I couldn't say. Probably Barkhuizen but I wouldn't like to see Sibley quite as wide, more an old inside left position. 

Away from home, a back three and Sibley as a wing back would make us more solid. 

But if we keep a back four, which tbh is my preference, then Roberts is the more solid defender. 

Sibley's future is surely as a more central advanced midfielder, because of his goal threat, but he's got to toughen up to play there. And wait for some of the older players to retire (hope he's learning from them!) 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Away from home, a back three and Sibley as a wing back would make us more solid. 

But if we keep a back four, which tbh is my preference, then Roberts is the more solid defender. 

Sibley's future is surely as a more central advanced midfielder, because of his goal threat, but he's got to toughen up to play there. And wait for some of the older players to retire (hope he's learning from them!) 

Sibley does apear to have learnt not to make those rash tackles that used to get him booked so often. His defensive game is much better but he is, as you point out, a central advanced midfielder in the making.

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well guys does jake rooney come in at right back or come into midfield we been lacking some steel in recent weeks certainly consider him there guys.

I dont get why he is not getting a look in at the side at the moment in time rooney who could have made the difference.

Chester would be a better bet when fit. The problem we have with playing midfielders at full back and an ageing left back at centre half is that it works fine against the weaker opposition but we get found out against the better teams. 

10 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

This is a really good question. In his Barnsley post match Warne (surprisingly) said we looked a bit ‘old men’. Lincoln squeezed the football out of us first half with their press and Barnsley put us off our game with their energy. And posters on here are saying “what can we do if lots of players have an off day?”.  Duh. Cause and effect. 

The better managers see what’s going on. We’ll struggle for top 6 if Warne doesn’t find a way to a stronger midfield.  And as we saw yesterday the defence need the protection, and people will work out how to penetrate an exposed Forsyth/Cashin team. More bodies in midfield is the obvious solution. But more youngsters will help and Rooney could improve fast. Also, try McGoldrick much deeper, Smith in midfield, Tommo to break up play, Sibley in a position that suits him better. PW seems to have fixed on a starting Xl and shape that can be outdone by a squad of fit 25 year olds

1 hour ago, JustOneBiblicalKazim said:

I hope not, he did that in the Lincoln game after Wycombe and the first half was dire

It was dire because first half Lincoln allowed no one any time on the ball. Yesterday was the same. 

Part of the problem is setting up so you can either play out or go long. You’re in danger of doing neither well enough 

20 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

This is a really good question. In his Barnsley post match Warne (surprisingly) said we looked a bit ‘old men’. Lincoln squeezed the football out of us first half with their press and Barnsley put us off our game with their energy. And posters on here are saying “what can we do if lots of players have an off day?”.  Duh. Cause and effect. 

The better managers see what’s going on. We’ll struggle for top 6 if Warne doesn’t find a way to a stronger midfield.  And as we saw yesterday the defence need the protection, and people will work out how to penetrate an exposed Forsyth/Cashin team. More bodies in midfield is the obvious solution. But more youngsters will help and Rooney could improve fast. Also, try McGoldrick much deeper, Smith in midfield, Tommo to break up play, Sibley in a position that suits him better. PW seems to have fixed on a starting Xl and shape that can be outdone by a squad of fit 25 year olds

I think top 6 is very achievable to be honest. 

PS Paul Warne please give Rooney more game time 
Is he Injured !

Edited by Curtains
Added

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes, get him in