Derby County v Charlton Athletic: Player Ratings

Ellafella

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

1Wildsmith

12Smith

3Forsyth

6Cashin

17Sibley

23White

Roberts

4Hourihane

7Barkhuizen

18Dobbin

38Knight

11Mendez-Laing

22Springett

10McGoldrick

9Collins

Edited by Ellafella

1Wildsmith 7 (important save with his feet at 1-0)

12Smith 7 (underated I feel)

3Forsyth 7 (he's never had a song)

6Cashin 8 (extra point for that bullet header)

17Sibley 6 (fine, but looked a little off pace)

23White 8 (for his first start, he did really well, dominated in the first half, missing link from the last couple of games)

Roberts 6 (did the job when he came on)

4Hourihane 8 (MoM for me, pulled all manner of strings)

7Barkhuizen 7 (brings a lot of control to that side of the pitch, how did he miss that two-yarder? Good to see him back starting)

18Dobbin 6 (we know what Dobbs brings, excitement and frustration in equal measure)

38Knight 7 (legs, legs, legs)

11Mendez-Laing 6.5 (feels just a little off the pace atm, was on the end of some rough challenges)

22Springett 6 (came on late so not much chance of an impact)

10McGoldrick 7 (cool pen, that banana pass down the line, more like it after a couple of quiet games)

9Collins 6 (Was Collins)

1Wildsmith 7 Had to put his cigar down twice to make 2 saves. Otherwise a fairly event-free gig.

12Smith 7.5 Modern day Ron Webster. Cleans up, tidy passing, robust challenges. Doesn’t own a farm though.

3Forsyth 8. Standard day at the office: no fire alarms, no awkward customers to deal with. Clean sheet.

6Cashin 9 MotM Clean sheet & a Bobby Dazzler bullet header to make it 2-0. Hope he stays another 2 seasons at least. 

17Sibley 6.5 Lost a few early tackles. Not quite the usual cutting edge; moved to cover White in midfield 2nd half.

23White 8 Classy. Slotted in to Bird’s berth and didn’t disappoint. Sprayed the ball all over and a nice shot inches over. Balance is restored. Optimism renewed. 

Roberts 6 Muddied his boots for 20 minutes.

4Hourihane 7.5 Very influential. Got the penalty and assisted with a lovely dead ball into the corridor of uncertainty for Cashin’s decider.

7Barkhuizen 7 Unlucky not to score after NML split the defence. Disappointed to be subbed but got a warm applause as he trailed back around the pitch. 

18Dobbin 6.5 Demonstrated pace as soon as he came on. Drew the foul which yellow carded the defender.

38Knight 7.5 Perpetual Action Man should’ve scored but put it wide.

11Mendez-Laing 7.5 Rinsed the full back twice with electric ️ pace and balletic feet but less involved than usual.

22Springett 6 Worked up a sweat but no need to wash his kit otherwise. His moment will come. 

10McGoldrick 7 Perfect penalty slotted home but missed a lovely cross from NML by shanking his shot after good control. 

9Collins 6 Late sub for McDick. 

My Take

Confidence restored with a regulation win that could’ve been 4-0. Warney got the selection right - the last 2 games illustrated how big a gap the loss of Bird is. White is a very good stand-in. We won without busting a gut. CAFC showed less appetite than Lincoln & were comfortably kept at bay. Huge game at Barnsley next week which could be season-defining. 

1Wildsmith    7.5

12Smith          7

3Forsyth        7

6Cashin         8

17Sibley          7

23White         8

Roberts          6.5

4Hourihane      8

7Barkhuizen     7.5

18Dobbin         6.5

38Knight          7.5

11Mendez-Laing   6.5

22Springett       6

10McGoldrick    6.5

9Collins            6

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline.

1Wildsmith-6.5

12Smith-7

3Forsyth-8.5

6Cashin-9 absolutely superb

17Sibley-6.5

23White-8

Roberts-6

4Hourihane-8 best game so far

7Barkhuizen-7.5

18Dobbin-6

38Knight-7 worked tirelessly

11Mendez-Laing-6.5

22Springett-6

10McGoldrick-7.5

9Collins-6

1Wildsmith    7  Got a bit of luck with the loose ball after the only two saves he had to make, but dominated his area again.

12Smith   7  Solid game. Ensured Charlton's dangerous wingers didn't get a sniff.

3Forsyth  7.5 Imperious - back to his best.

6Cashin  8.5 See Fozzy and add 1 for his goal.

17Sibley  7 Got away with 2 pieces of lax defending for the 1-2-1 that Wildsmith saved, but was on song for the rest of the game.

23White  8 A fine debut. 87.5% passing accuracy and most of it not sideways. 

Roberts  6 

4Hourihane  8 One of his best games for DCFC. Looks much better in a 3 with Knight and White.

7Barkhuizen  6.5  One of his quieter games - should have scored from NML cross?

18Dobbin 7 Won FK for the 2nd goal. Good impact again.

38Knight  7.5  Charlton must think there were 3 of him on the pitch.

11Mendez-Laing 7.5  Nearer his best again. Laid on chances for Didsy and Barks that should have been converted.

22Springett  6

10McGoldrick  7 Not his best, but busy as ever and a fine penalty.

9Collins  6

3 hours ago, Ellafella said:

1Wildsmith 7

12Smith 6.5

3Forsyth 7.5

6Cashin 8

17Sibley 5.5

23White 7

Roberts 6.5

4Hourihane 7

7Barkhuizen 7.5

18Dobbin 6.5

38Knight 7.5

11Mendez-Laing 7

22Springett 6

10McGoldrick 7

9Collins 6

1Wildsmith                     7      Did what he had to.

12Smith                          7.5   Good match

3Forsyth                         7.5   Mr Reliable

6Cashin                         8.0   MoM just for his goal. Back to normal thank goodness.

17Sibley                          7     Did OK.

23White                          7.5  Excellent debut and close to MoM for me even after that shocking tackle on him.

Roberts                           6

4Hourihane                     7.5 Excellent game benefited from the 3 midfield.

7Barkhuizen                    7.5 Thought he a a very good game but should have scored.

18Dobbin                         5  Took a heavy tackle (foul). Not so effective.

38Knight                          7.5 What energy. Another to benefit from the 3 midfield.

11Mendez-Laing             7   Better game without the end product. Another to take a heavy foul.

22Springett                     6   Always looks lively when he comes on.

10McGoldrick                  7  Could easily have had another hat trick

9Collins                           6  Good physical presence. Just lacks goal threat at moment.

Normal service resumed thank goodness.

Need to take our chances though could easily have been 4 or 5. Gave Charlton limited opportunities.

Well done lads.

1Wildsmith Alert, proactive, agile, commanding. Decent kicking. 7.5

12Smith 6.5 Reliable, hard working.

3Forsyth 7.5 Classy and solid.

6Cashin 8 Continues to amaze with his reading of the game, excellent use of the ball, header winning ability and crunching tackles. Much deserved goal was a cracker.

17Sibley 6 Poor control and defensive awareness let them in a couple of times, but decent going forward.

23White 7.5  Has that Hughes-esque habit of intercepting the ball. He got hurt after a brave challenge. Good passing kept things moving forwards.

Roberts 6 Not much time to impress. I prefer him to Sibs at left back because he's a better defender.

4Hourihane 7.5 looked determined to compete. Won (kind of) the peno, lovely cross to assist for Cashin's goal and decent defensive work too.

7Barkhuizen 6.5 Links the attacks well, some good driving forward at times. 

18Dobbin 6 Provided much needed pace late on.

38Knight 7.5 Fought, ran, used the ball well. Missed a decent chance, but it was a reasonable attempt.

11Mendez-Laing 6.5 Not quite at it and tired but still caused havoc at times.

22Springett 6 The wriggler only had 15 mins, played a nice ball inside during one attack, but didn't get on the ball much.

10McGoldrick 7.5 Cool penno that chilled us out. Some lovely touches too.

9Collins 6  think I saw him kind of win a header! Was getting wrestled a lot which fuelled his grumpy demeanour.  

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

You know we won 2-0 right? ?

Yep. I was there, I know we won. I also know we wasted a number of changes. Which may be why I scored what I did. Isn't what this thread is about, giving you're own personal opinion on each players performance?

You appear to be implying I should have given higher scores because we won. Ok so I give higher scores for the Charlton game, like you and many other have. What score should I give when we win another game by more goals or against a better team. 

Ask @Ellafella to increase the numbers we can give, so I can turn it up to an eleven.

1Wildsmith        7

12Smith             7

3Forsyth            7

6Cashin              7.5

17Sibley              6

23White              8

Roberts               6

4Hourihane         8.5

7Barkhuizen        7

18Dobbin             6

38Knight              7

11Mendez-Laing  7