Is "woke" confusing kids

Alph

5 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

PS I do find this hysterical reaction quite amusing on a forum where most people are totally OK with taking kids to a venue where they will repeatedly hear sexualised swear words, songs literally talking about the size of people's genitalia and then at given times - all the men you are watching, hug  and kiss each other, some even take their shirts off

Yeah but that’s to do with love, romance, and at a push, a little playful flirtation. 
It’s hardly filth!  ?

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

Obviously not - as it's a topless pole dancing club where the law prohibits entry to minors. It's not just not OK it's completely illegal - and rightly so. 

You've completely lost me mate - maybe have a walk around the block and try and gather your thoughts - you're clearly in a state of agitation!

Point is that the shows the youtuber was deliberately trying to wind you up about through her context - were done by people who have been fully CRB checked and the material being performed is deemed appropriate for kids. If that's not the case (and I see nothing in the video that suggests it is) then the police can be called and they could be prosecuted for indecency in front of minors.

If that happens then I will condemn them - but I'm not going to condemn them because some daft youtuber riles up people about it for money

I don't mind if you genuinely think it all looks indecent and inappropriate for kids - that's your choice. I'm 100% sure my Nan would have said the same

First the attack the messenger tactic , then the im wound up one , then the my Nan guff??,

illegal ? There’s a reason it’s illegal perhaps that’s why they want to swerve the law and take it to schools and libraries,any government worth its salt will be loooking at this and making it illegal there before it becomes open season for perverts , you only have to look how quickly things turned around north of the border

grown men dressed as women in thongs performing sexualised routines for children is disgusting and a recipe for disaster,,, there’s some very strange people on here who would certainly not be getting a request for baby sitting duties from me or about 99% of people I know ,

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Did she even need to make the video? Just report it to the police and let the law deal with it if she thinks there is a problem

She's a journalist - they tend to write and blog about things that concern them. Are you trying to shut down journalists just because you don't like what they're saying? Sounds a bit extreme that. 

Allot of people, women and LGB people as well as straight white middle aged men, seem to think that BDSM themes and sexualised dance performances by provocatively dressed performers are inappropriate entertainment for young children, whether illegal or not. If you don't, that's your view and you're entitled to it, but it doesn't invalidate the concerns of others, or justify you trying to gaslight anyone who doesn't agree with you. 

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

She's a journalist - they tend to write and blog about things that concern them. Are you trying to shut down journalists just because you don't like what they're saying? Sounds a bit extreme that. 

Allot of people, women and LGB people as well as straight white middle aged men, seem to think that BDSM themes and sexualised dance performances by provocatively dressed performers are inappropriate entertainment for young children, whether illegal or not. If you don't, that's your view and you're entitled to it, but it doesn't invalidate the concerns of others, or justify you trying to gaslight anyone who doesn't agree with you. 

And perhaps for some the question of does she have to make the video is a problem because it’s showing what’s actually going on and we don’t want that do we ?, a few short weeks ago it was just drag queens reading stories to children in schools , where’s the harm in that ?, now it’s full on adult entertainment performed for children and still we have people defending it ,very very strange people

Edited by Archied

So stive you hide behind illegal , after reading and digesting your reply

I take it you will be calling for or at least supporting a change in the law to make it legal for children to attend ( female) topless pole dancing clubs,

after all if not it’s not very inclusive for females to be treated differently to drag queens?

9 hours ago, Archied said:

So stive you hide behind illegal , after reading and digesting your reply

I take it you will be calling for or at least supporting a change in the law to make it legal for children to attend ( female) topless pole dancing clubs,

after all if not it’s not very inclusive for females to be treated differently to drag queens?

yet another incoherent reply. I know the fact I've not bitten is clearly driving you mad, but it's hard to reply when your posts make no logical or grammatical sense

Anyway - ignoring Archie for a moment, was thinking how as a child of about 10 my absolute favourite thing on TV was The Kenny Everett Show, and in particular Cupid Stunt

image.png.e918a8c4c25eee350d57a358801c8162.png

I mention this for absolutely no reason

I should also point out that I have not grown up to be gay, a transvestite, a transexual, a paedophile, or a sex offender of any description

I have however grown up to not be bigoted

Weird huh?

18 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

yet another incoherent reply. I know the fact I've not bitten is clearly driving you mad, but it's hard to reply when your posts make no logical or grammatical sense

Anyway - ignoring Archie for a moment, was thinking how as a child of about 10 my absolute favourite thing on TV was The Kenny Everett Show, and in particular Cupid Stunt

I should also point out that I have not grown up to be gay, a transvestite, a transexual, a paedophile, or a sex offender of any description

Weird huh?

Or self aware.

50 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Weird huh?

Usual painted yourself into a corner response ??‍♂️ ,, bigoted against perverts and proud no matter whether they are male , female , trans , non binary performing adult material for children it’s perverted 
,,,, you ve grown up ??????????

Edited by Archied

52 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Weird huh?

Bigoted

'obstinately or unreasonably attached to a belief, opinion, or faction, in particular prejudiced against or antagonistic towards a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group'

I hate to break this to you.....

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Weird huh?

Yeah, you'd never link repressed homosexuality with paedophilia, would you?

4 hours ago, Archied said:

Usual painted yourself into a corner response ??‍♂️ ,, bigoted against perverts and proud no matter whether they are male , female , trans , non binary performing adult material for children it’s perverted 
,,,, you ve grown up ??????????

You're getting less coherent by the day. Do you never read back what you've written before you click "submit reply" and think oh hang on , I might not have quite phrased that in a way that a normal human being might understand? ?

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

What particular group am I bigoted against? Break it to me gently Muscles!

I’m gonna say women , given your disgusting insults to the two young ladies arrested for drinking coffee during lockdown and your stated opinion that rightly so it’s illegal for children to attend venues with female topless pole dancers but it’s positively good for them to attend and watch the same material by men dressed as women ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

You're getting less coherent by the day. Do you never read back what you've written before you click "submit reply" and think oh hang on , I might not have quite phrased that in a way that a normal human being might understand? ?

Your throwing out more insults by the day , that’s the go to when you paint yourself into a corner and can’t logically defend your stance anymore in the face of questions that show what guff it is

1 hour ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Ooof.

Well that's some next level input!

You are of course right and it’s not lost on me that because of people who always want to push to the extremes we are in danger of putting a very very unfair label on drag queens and creating fear and bad feeling towards them , in my opinion that is caused by the agenda of an extreme few who push for what is clearly inappropriate around children and is a powder keg waiting to happen,

we have seen this with trans prisoners in Scotland, it’s so ludicrous that I’m almost inclined to wonder if it’s people with an issue with drag queens or trans people who push this stuff in order to create fear and hatred towards those people ,

our resident messenger shooter will be along to tut tut but a successful drag queen was interviewed on gb news last night and spoke very sensibly on the current issues