Is "woke" confusing kids

Alph

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Humour is, of course, a matter of taste and opinion, but my post wasn't an invitation to get into that point specifically. It was that the Students Union booked Fox fully in the knowledge of her history and her politics, but decided that retweeting a 'joke' was intolerable whereas being an apologist for those who murdered of thousands of civilians was 'okey-dokey'.

It's a good point - reading her wikipedia page and she seems a deeply unpleasant person, so it does indeed seem a bit odd that they've specifically focussed on her retweet of someone else's joke as the straw that broke the bigot's back 😂

49 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's a good point - reading her wikipedia page and she seems a deeply unpleasant person, so it does indeed seem a bit odd that they've specifically focussed on her retweet of someone else's joke as the straw that broke the bigot's back 😂

You do realise putting a laughing emoji on the end your posts on a regular basis trying to convince people that you might be correct is not convincing anyone. 

Edited by cstand

2 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

I think the word "joke" is doing some heavy lifting there, but go on. I'd have gone with "unfunny transphobic rant"

Why stop there , surely it was hate speech and should be recorded as one of those no crime thingymebobs 😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, Anon said:

Women don't have penises Stive. I couldn't give a monkey's if you think that's transphobic.

Yep , it’s really simple , a trans woman is a trans woman , be proud of it and who you are if you are a trans woman then crack on and live your best life 🤷🏻‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Archied said:

I had a friend who was addicted, it’s no laughing matter it’s clear you are addictaphobic 

#different crack

EDIT:
...Or maybe it isn't!  👀

Edited by Mucker1884
previously unconsidered sex addicts now considered.

6 hours ago, Anon said:

Women don't have penises Stive. I couldn't give a monkey's if you think that's transphobic.

The fact you felt the need to post that suggests that you actually do give a monkeys, but go on. As I say - I do admire your willingness to say what you think. 

Let's just say I don't think any less of you for admitting your views here

36 minutes ago, cstand said:

This is why children should be protected in today’s world especially at schools.

image.thumb.png.3f53187e0a6d6f7867a22f301a5108a1.png

Give over , you know priorities have been changed , kids are there to protect the adults / elderly and be pawns in culture wars 

ahh for the old days when it was nature to protect and nurture the young

Edited by Archied

Seems old bendy boy starmer is on to the vote loser that is trans policy , boy is he getting sharper , he knows a vote loser when he sees it and changes his principals quicker than an f1 pit pit team does tyres these days 😂

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Give over , you know priorities have been changed , kids are there to protect the adults / elderly and be pawns in culture wars 

ahh for the old days when it was nature to protect and nurture the young

Do you honestly believe that? 

I have 5 boys aged between 9 and 13, and I can honestly say I think schools do a far, far better job protecting children than they did in the 80s. Bullying, abuse and horrific behaviour was rife throughout my childhood. And nobody cared and nobody acted upon it. 

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Do you honestly believe that? 

I have 5 boys aged between 9 and 13, and I can honestly say I think schools do a far, far better job protecting children than they did in the 80s. Bullying, abuse and horrific behaviour was rife throughout my childhood. And nobody cared and nobody acted upon it. 

I watched how children were pumped with experimental vaccines they don’t need and had they’re lives and minds messed up in the name of protecting the old , I could go on but you choose one subject 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Seems old bendy boy starmer is on to the vote loser that is trans policy

Isn't it just a bit weird that trans issues are such a political football? 

When you consider that there are so many other tangible issues which are much more important and fundamentally affect the day to day lives of all of us. Cost of living, energy prices, the state of the NHS, the state of the railways, wealth inequality, the power of big business, tax avoidance by billionaires etc etc

Yet trans issues are considered so important that they are deemed a "vote loser"

I'd say that anyone who chooses which way to vote primarily based on how a party answers a philosophical question about biological sex is a bit of an idiot

43 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Isn't it just a bit weird that trans issues are such a political football? 

When you consider that there are so many other tangible issues which are much more important and fundamentally affect the day to day lives of all of us. Cost of living, energy prices, the state of the NHS, the state of the railways, wealth inequality, the power of big business, tax avoidance by billionaires etc etc

Yet trans issues are considered so important that they are deemed a "vote loser"

I'd say that anyone who chooses which way to vote primarily based on how a party answers a philosophical question about biological sex is a bit of an idiot

Not really.  It's been made a political football, by the absurdity of allowing a bloke charged with raping someone to demand access to a facility full of women, in a building you can't leave and being told that's fine.  Politicians have created their own poo storm on this one like normal.