Is "woke" confusing kids

Alph

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Not really.  It's been made a political football, by the absurdity of allowing a bloke charged with raping someone to demand access to a facility full of women, in a building you can't leave and being told that's fine.  Politicians have created their own poo storm on this one like normal. 

and that's really the biggest political issue we have to solve? Behave

3 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Isn't it just a bit weird that trans issues are such a political football? 

When you consider that there are so many other tangible issues which are much more important and fundamentally affect the day to day lives of all of us. Cost of living, energy prices, the state of the NHS, the state of the railways, wealth inequality, the power of big business, tax avoidance by billionaires etc etc

Yet trans issues are considered so important that they are deemed a "vote loser"

I'd say that anyone who chooses which way to vote primarily based on how a party answers a philosophical question about biological sex is a bit of an idiot

I expect you would given your very happy to have stuff pushed on us ( especially women ) that is just fundamentally wrong , to me and anybody with an ounce of sense , people forcing people to accept men with penises as women are total idiots and perhaps you need to be looking at the people pushing this garbage and they’re priorities rather than those who have had enough and are standing up and saying NO , can we not multi task and be very unhappy about the other stuff you rightly mention whilst still feeling strongly enough to call a halt to this guff , vote loser ? Would I vote for someone who believes that a man can become a woman ? NO , how can you claim to put the protection of women at a premium when you either can’t tell voters what one is  or are too gutless to tell it like it is 

Edited by Archied

1 hour ago, Stive Pesley said:

and that's really the biggest political issue we have to solve? Behave

So we can only solve one thing at a time ? Behave or do you prefer the old let stuff slide through you agree with because there’s more important stuff we should be looking at ? Behave

OK - well clearly the plan to distract people with culture wars instead of actually all coming together to effect meaningful change in society and the way we are governed is working. Best of luck lads with your penis obsessions, because guess what - even if you win and they pass a law that says no one is ever allowed to transition their gender ever, then you'll still be poor, miserable, angry and governed by billionaires

54 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

OK - well clearly the plan to distract people with culture wars instead of actually all coming together to effect meaningful change in society and the way we are governed is working. Best of luck lads with your penis obsessions, because guess what - even if you win and they pass a law that says no one is ever allowed to transition their gender ever, then you'll still be poor, miserable, angry and governed by billionaires

Ok well clearly your plan to question the priorities of people objecting to this stuff and not the priorities of the people pushing this stuff isn’t working anymore just like the accusations of this phobic or that phobic , then next up the massive stroppy exaggeration of wanting to win and have a law passed so that no one can ever transition again ever ,,,,,, really ??? Transition away but don’t force others to be put at danger , disadvantaged in sport or even simply have your identity taken away ( women ,half the population)

miserable , angry , governed by billionaires ? ,,,im neither of the first two and giving in to ludicrous demands of deluded extreme people driving this this stuff won’t change number 3 just as pushing this stuff through won’t change that for you🤷🏻‍♂️,

perhaps give up these childish name calling antics when people rightly stand up and say sorry But NO, these tactics have seen through and just don’t work anymore 

Edited by Archied

24 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Sorry Archie old son, but you do make me chuckle 😂

So when you’re done chuckling would you care to explain why you call into question the priorities of people who oppose this stuff but not the priorities of those who are pushing it ? Then explain why people can’t be concerned about this issue at the same time as being concerned about the other stuff you list ? Do we deal with this list one thing at a time , governments , opposition and ordinary people have to deal with and be concerned about multiple issues all day every day , shall I get a pot of gloss and a brush ready for you ? 
sorry mate but the majority of people are standing up to this stuff now because it’s very clear that the more you appease the more ludicrous it gets 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Fck me, I wish we were as brave as the French who have taken to the streets to fight their government plans to extend pension age.

We'd thank our government for allowing us to work until we drop and fight each other about made up bollox.

Got to love the French ,,, if only it were made up bollox you could just ignore , given the recent events in Scotland it’s clear it’s all very real , laws are being pushed for and brought in that are not only ludicrous but dangerous and a massive backward step for women , why it’s almost as I could be women haters behind this stuff, anybody on here have history for vile comments towards women , hmmmm

59 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's not made up bollox per se, but it is isolated incidents artificially amplified by click bait media to trigger the target audience.

Who then will tell you at length in rambling semi-coherent social media posts why they aren't triggered at all. 🤣

You're losing it - both the issue and the ability to discuss it in an adult fashion, rather like some of the activists who are doing so much to poison the water for people who actually do have gender dysphoria by using threats of violence and worse against women who are opposed to their extreme ideology. Thank goodness at least the World Athletics has come to its senses.

Edited by Crewton

• 4 weeks later...

One of the biggest lessons I'll teach my kids is you have to respect people's lives and how they want to be treated. 

What has definitely been noticeable since the era of social media began is people not treating other people's opinions and beliefs respectfully. I wouldn't post something on the internet to somebody that I wouldn't say in person. I've been guilty in the past of being far too harsh to a stranger on a forum such as this without stopping to realise if my thoughts were out of line. It's a difficult tightrope to cross because as with many forms of written communication, it doesn't necessarily reflect the tone of the conversation, leading to the words meaning more harm that what was intended.

I'm a liberal I think. If I had to choose a side of the divide I'd sway slightly to the left. I know both sides of the spectrum are just as guilty as one another, however I think the extreme lack of self awareness from the left "woke" really damages the importance of what I believe is right way of life, the ability to be who you are as a person. Many seem to shame people who have more traditional values and there's this campaign to erase the past and be entitled because they felt they've been wronged. For me this is really dangerous. 

You have to learn lessons in life. As a human race we've done awful things to others. The best way to move forward is to learn our history, accept where we have gone wrong and use this as a reminder to better ourselves. Eradicating the past and demanding people change their views immediately because "they're wrong" is not acceptable. What I'm really afraid about going forward in society is losing the ability to debate and work together. This my way or the highway attitude is pathetic to be honest, particularly when it comes to threatening people just because they have different beliefs to you. 

If you're going to teach younger children in school, rather push a certain agenda, why not explain it is perfectly acceptable to develop your own thoughts and opinions, being respectful. Trying to wrap the kids up in political correctness cotton wool and changing the narrative of what happened in the past (e.g. changing words in kids literature) isn't fair. You're selling them a fake Truman Show lifestyle where everything is all fluffy, lovely and kind. Don't expose them to such extreme agendas and lead them down one certain path. When they're younger you can educate them it's okay if you're different individual, you don't have to follow a formula. But don't force feed ideologies from the hard left or right. Find a balance.

Edited by SSD

54 minutes ago, SSD said:

One of the biggest lessons I'll teach my kids is you have to respect people's lives and how they want to be treated. 

What has definitely been noticeable since the era of social media began is people not treating other people's opinions and beliefs respectfully. I wouldn't post something on the internet to somebody that I wouldn't say in person. I've been guilty in the past of being far too harsh to a stranger on a forum such as this without stopping to realise if my thoughts were out of line. It's a difficult tightrope to cross because as with many forms of written communication, it doesn't necessarily reflect the tone of the conversation, leading to the words meaning more harm that what was intended.

I'm a liberal I think. If I had to choose a side of the divide I'd sway slightly to the left. I know both sides of the spectrum are just as guilty as one another, however I think the extreme lack of self awareness from the left "woke" really damages the importance of what I believe is right way of life, the ability to be who you are as a person. Many seem to shame people who have more traditional values and there's this campaign to erase the past and be entitled because they felt they've been wronged. For me this is really dangerous. 

You have to learn lessons in life. As a human race we've done awful things to others. The best way to move forward is to learn our history, accept where we have gone wrong and use this as a reminder to better ourselves. Eradicating the past and demanding people change their views immediately because "they're wrong" is not acceptable. What I'm really afraid about going forward in society is losing the ability to debate and work together. This my way or the highway attitude is pathetic to be honest, particularly when it comes to threatening people just because they have different beliefs to you. 

If you're going to teach younger children in school, rather push a certain agenda, why not explain it is perfectly acceptable to develop your own thoughts and opinions, being respectful. Trying to wrap the kids up in political correctness cotton wool and changing the narrative of what happened in the past (e.g. changing words in kids literature) isn't fair. You're selling them a fake Truman Show lifestyle where everything is all fluffy, lovely and kind. Don't expose them to such extreme agendas and lead them down one certain path. When they're younger you can educate them it's okay if you're different individual, you don't have to follow a formula. But don't force feed ideologies from the hard left or right. Find a balance.

Your so right ,, I firmly believe from experience that children are born without prejudice, in the past I firmly believe that they have had prejudice forced on them as they grow , thankfully that has got less and less though still not zero , what we are seeing now is the other extreme being forced on them , the only way understanding is ever reached is by communicating as adults , we are now at a stage where being homophobic is just archaic and the vast vast majority respect each others rights and live in harmony, hopefully one day that will be the case with trans issues but extremism and refusing to respect the rights of ALL where there are overlaps will not do it ,

as an aside one would hope that perhaps this may resonate with feminists and perhaps they can look at the way men have been treated regards having areas / spaces for men which has become forbidden, at my last golf club we had 3 bars ( before it was outlawed ) a men’s bar , a women’s bar and a mixed bar , I love the banter of men where the humour can be a bit colourful before and after sport but call me old fashioned because I very much can’t behave that way in the company of women ,I believe you learn a hell of a lot about a man from how he behaves around women , football pundits wise I prefer to have men who have played or managed in the men’s game at the top level , it’s not sexist as I wouldn’t choose a male Sunday league player to get my punditry from 🤷🏻‍♂️