New Head of Performance

Heisenberg

51 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What does Head of Performance do?

I think it’s the 21st Century equivalent of fitness coach with a much greater emphasis on the science of physiology; lots of cardio measurements and different “typologies” of exercise like SAQ, stamina, and individualised training regimes according to different body types {ectodermic, endodermic &tc}. I didn’t Google this but I think it’s that sort of thing. Also lots of Sport Psychology; pain management, goal-setting; 

0A4284EA-41B6-40F0-AECF-E41F8854E0A1.jpeg

Edited by Ellafella

49 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I thought we got the fella in from Rotherham for this role? Or was that something else

That was Carl Edwards who joined from Rotherham, heading the first team’s analysis department.

He replaces Ben Warner/Pete Shuttleworth who left earlier in the season to Hull and D.C. United, respectively.

This guy (Ross Burbeary) joins from Lincoln City, replacing Luke Jenkinson.

10 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

That was Carl Edwards who joined from Rotherham, heading the first team’s analysis department.

He replaces Ben Warner/Pete Shuttleworth who left earlier in the season to Hull and D.C. United, respectively.

This guy (Ross Burbeary) joins from Lincoln City, replacing Luke Jenkinson.

Been at Rotherham too. Plus, spot the 'controversial' job...

image.thumb.png.dce0ecb99f9ed4fde1da5b2b0f237292.png

Edited by RoyMac5

17 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What does Head of Performance do?

It’s focused on individual strength and conditioning, managing training loads and injury prevention based on data from things like the GPS vests that players wear.  I’m sure there’s lots more to it but that’s the basics that I have gleaned from my youngest son who is pursuing this as a career.  He’s at Ipswich Town Academy at the moment as Lead Academy Physical Performance Coach for the U9’s through to U16’s.  Recently graduated with a Masters in Strength and Conditioning.  I keep pushing him towards Derby and hopefully he’ll get there one day ?

7 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

Was this announced on official website? Is it just me or does it seem that these sorts of appts aren't being announced through the usual channels at the time?

I suspect he’s still working his notice at Lincoln….. no doubt official announcement when he finally joins us