8th January

loweman2

One of my earliest and best memories supporting The Rams.  I was 10 at the time and my dad wouldn’t take me to the BBG because of all the hooliganism that was around in the 70s and 80s but I remember listening to the game on Radio Derby.  Graham Richard’s commentary, bloomin’ marvellous.  And I always wanted that shirt, if only they’d do a replica now.

6 hours ago, loweman2 said:

this Sunday the 8th January it will be forty years to the day since we did this in the FA cup !!

The Baseball Ground was shaken to its very foundations !!

Good grief! That was about as dire to watch as the pitch was to play on!

Edited by DavesaRam

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I was at this match. Good day. Makes us a bit tinpot though having a thread about beating Forest 40 years ago though. Aren’t we supposed to mock them for their nostalgic memories?

Its Derby fans sharing memories, its not tinpot to do that. Its only tinpot if you share it on general social media. This is a Derby forum for Derby fans.

1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

Good grief! That was about as dire to watch as the pitch was to play on!

Not if you was there Dave.

First few minutes, the lad in the white jacket in C stand throwing the ball at the forest player, a few seconds later you can see the police approach him. 

Peter Taylor in his smart Harrington jacket and Burberry scarf, looked like the Man from C&A. (ask yer dads).

Pitch invasion when Archie curled that free kick in. 

Atmosphere was unreal, proper old school in and out the ground.

Fantastic memories, its difficult to explain but we went from Champions in 1975 to relegation in 1980 while the gumps had their 3 seasons of glory.

When we won this Cup match we were bottom of Division 2 and they were 2nd in the top tier. Think of the ten man game but ten times more important or the 5-0 thrashing......

Good times, ?

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its Derby fans sharing memories, its not tinpot to do that. Its only tinpot if you share it on general social media. This is a Derby forum for Derby fans.

Yeah ok mate, I spose you’re right. Can’t wait for it to open out about the heads were cracked that day, and the scenes at the Railway station, and ……. well, you know.

12 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

First few minutes, the lad in the white jacket in C stand throwing the ball at the forest player, a few seconds later you can see the police approach him. 

Peter Taylor in his smart Harrington jacket and Burberry scarf, looked like the Man from C&A. (ask yer dads).

Fantastic memories, its difficult to explain but we went from Champions in 1975 to relegation in 1980 while the gumps had their 3 seasons of glory.

When we won this Cup match we were bottom of Division 2 and they were 2nd in the top tier. Think of the ten man game but ten times more important or the 5-0 thrashing......

Good times, ?

I was in the Lee Stand and it was great for a 10 year old. Stale beer, fag smoke looking over at the Forest fans in the Ossie End wondering why they hadn’t got two heads after the way my dad talked about them.

What a day.

15 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Good times, ?

I agree about the significance of the win - I was at a music practice for a band I played in at the time, and watched the match with a mate from Nottingham in his local pub!

Re "Man from C & A (ask yer dads)": I am one of the dads, but avoided the shop like the plague. Wasn't it the first place that old men could go and buy beige trousers? And no, I still haven't!