8th January

loweman2

I was 15 and it was the biggest game I had so far attended after seven years of mediocrity.  I sat in the Osmaston Wing of the Ley Stand with my dad. I remember watching an old man a few rows in front, stoically sitting through a hail of coins throw by the Forest fans from the terrace below. it was like something from the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan. Not sure I have ever heard a louder roar than when Archie's free kick hit the back of the net or felt so elated walking back to the car afterwards.

56 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

this Sunday the 8th January it will be forty years to the day since we did this in the FA cup !!

The Baseball Ground was shaken to its very foundations !!

Was playing for Graham St Prims 2pm k.o we played at bus depot on ascot drive in those days, quick shower and got dropped off near ground got in just before Archie’s free kick

21 minutes ago, Henrycav81 said:

Was playing for Graham St Prims 2pm k.o we played at bus depot on ascot drive in those days, quick shower and got dropped off near ground got in just before Archie’s free kick

I was in the C stand, Never realised but a young George Courtney was the ref by the looks of him?‍♀️

Here you go Cav81 some memories for ya...cracking season...hence your name?...there's some on there I know...another poster on there too...I guested for Davis Derby when DCFC were playing away

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/nostalgia/1980s-photo-features-treble-winning-2661025

4 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I was in the C stand, Never realised but a young George Courtney was the ref by the looks of him?‍♀️

Here you go Cav81 some memories for ya...cracking season...hence your name?...there's some on there I know...another poster on there too...I guested for Davis Derby when DCFC were playing away

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/nostalgia/1980s-photo-features-treble-winning-2661025

I signed for prims when I left school in 1981 played for them for 10 seasons. I’m on prims committee now I know virtually all those on that photo

9 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

User name nothing to do with prims I left Henry cavendish school in 1981

I'd have been 12 days short of my 20th birthday.
Already shacked up with young mouths to feed, this was during my budget-enforced DCFC Hiatus, (as was the vast majority of the 80's/early 90's) so had to make do with the TV offering of the day.

Still great to watch it again though, so thanks for the reminder, @loweman2  ??  

I was stood on the Popside in my usual spot just to the left of the drop off of the gully (as I was for virtually every home game until the 95-6 season, apart from a couple of seasons in the season ticket holder's pen). One of the great days in there. It wasn't a game of great quality, but it was everything that a third round FA Cup game against local rivals should be.

47 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I’m guessing that old Spalding ram is the ex prims player that’s a poster on here as he has a prims team photo on his profile