Accrington Stanley (H) Mon 2nd Jan, 3pm KO

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Absolutely - but the first goal and the last goal were put on a platter and a penalty always helps.

The amount of times they kicked it out of play as well turning over possession.

I was very happy with our intensity, our running (Smith made some great runs), our pressing and so on.

Nice to see Smudge pop up on the other side of the pitch and in advanced positions. He seemed to play with a lot more freedom today and the pass to slide Hourihane in for his goal was cool as you like.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

3,000 in the away end. Does anybody know why the Lower Guthrie is always empty?

I wonder where the other 3000 empty seats were. Stadium looked pretty full to me and there were only a few hundred tickets left this morning

27 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

3rd in the form table over the last 10 league games (5 wins and 5 draws).

Wednesday and Plymouth the only 2 teams to do better than that.

Onwards and upwards! 

Edit - 2nd most goals scored and joint fewest conceded in that period too!

Great news, but also shows how top 2 is out of reach this season.

9 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Great news, but also shows how top 2 is out of reach this season.

It will be difficult but it's not out of reach. We are slowly creeping up the table. If we win our game in hand we will have closed it down to just 8 points. We just need to continue doing what we're doing. They will drop points at some point. We just have to capitalise. 

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It will be difficult but it's not out of reach. We are slowly creeping up the table. If we win our game in hand we will have closed it down to just 8 points. We just need to continue doing what we're doing. They will drop points at some point. We just have to capitalise. 

If at this point last season we were 8 points from safety we would have had hope wouldn’t we ?  ?????

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Love the optimism of you and the two or three other commenters, but I just thought I would check the table from 2 months ago, 2nd November.

Back then we were 12 points behind 2nd place with a game in hand. So yes, we are on a good run, but even with that we are only catching up at a rate of 0.5 pts per month.