Accrington Stanley (H) Mon 2nd Jan, 3pm KO

Had the argument after Forest green saying they weren’t the worst team we’ve played… today Accrington really were, was like playing a non league team with nothing to play for! Really poor.

Easy for us good to get Collins NML rested bird etc of early break with FA cup we go out so be it good chance to kick off and get closer to that top 2

59 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

Maybe the 4th official saw it... End of the day, between the 4 officials they correctly identified the offence and offender. Isn't that the sort of thing that we should be praising in football? 

There's no chance the 4th official saw anything. Someone guessed, or went off the word of an Accrington player.

It also doesn't change the fact that they all missed the rugby tackle on Osula just a couple of seconds earlier. If that was given, there wouldn't have been a kick or red card.

12 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

There's no chance the 4th official saw anything. Someone guessed, or went off the word of an Accrington player.

It also doesn't change the fact that they all missed the rugby tackle on Osula just a couple of seconds earlier. If that was given, there wouldn't have been a kick or red card.

Fourth official 100% saw something and told the ref about it. I was near that side of the pitch and saw her talking to the ref on their mic and gesturing towards Osula. She then went back to the box and Warne was straight on her case. Whether she saw something or not - who knows - but she was the one who brought it up to the ref.

Just now, Simo said:

Fourth official 100% saw something and told the ref about it. I was near that side of the pitch and saw her talking to the ref on their mic and gesturing towards Osula. She then went back to the box and Warne was straight on her case. Whether she saw something or not - who knows - but she was the one who brought it up to the ref.

She guessed

I really hope we don't revert back to a 2 man midfield once Collins is fit again, we looked so much better today with the 3. Hourihane in particular looked like a totally different player and seemed to really benefit from the extra runner. Can't think of many teams in the division that would be able to stand up against that midfield trio.

5 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

She guessed

Even Warne admitted it’s a red card. Whether it’s the fourth official or a lino, it wasn’t a guess because it’s the correct decision. He kicked out through petulance.

Im not defending the ref who for me was OK first half and awful second half. Was a stone wall penalty on Knight and McGoldrick was allowed to be rugby tackled on multiple occasions.

The sending off was correct though so let’s not have a go at the officials over a correct decision. Doesn’t matter which one of the four spots it.

Edited by rammieib

Just now, lrm14 said:

I really hope we don't revert back to a 2 man midfield once Collins is fit again, we looked so much better today with the 3. Hourihane in particular looked like a totally different player and seemed to really benefit from the extra runner. Can't think of many teams in the division that would be able to stand up against that midfield trio.

Not every opposition team will be that bad though.

It’ll certainly make the decision of Warne a hard one to make for next week.

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

How that wasn’t a penalty in that second half I’ll never know, didn’t get near the ball! Shocking referring. 

the foul on Knight and the foul by Cashin were both pens imo. Suspect the first was weak officiating (he'd just given us a pen) and the second incompetence

Just now, rammieib said:

Even Warne admitted it’s a red card. Whether it’s the Forth official or a lino, it wasn’t a guess because it’s the correct decision. He kicked out through petulance.

Im not defending the ref who for me was OK first half and awful second half. Was a stone wall penalty on Knight and McGoldrick was allowed to be rugby tackled on multiple occasions.

The sending off was correct though so let’s not have a go at the officials over a correct decision. Doesn’t matter which one of the four spots it.

I guess can still be correct (and in this instance it was), but decisions shouldn't be made off guesswork.

Like I said, none of them spotted it. The 4th official guessed at what happened.

4 minutes ago, Simo said:

Now here's my thoughts, On the video I've linked the Ref has a very good view, Was he going to let it slide or did the 4th get involved for whatever reason, Does she have access to a video screen or did she see what the Ref did or didn't see...Warne in his interview says the 4th got involved