Hoots Mon?
Martin O'Neil?
Monday?
Mon bloody cherie amour?
Mon Dieu?

Give us a clue, mon... erm... man! ?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

I’m liking these train analogies me.

It could be just the platform we need for a punfest! 

... Although that may mean the matchday thread doesn't stay on track.
Probably best to just gauge the situation for now, and return later.  Yep, that's the ticket!
Need to stay in line, or Crich* Almighty, the mods will go loco! ?

*Spot the red herring.  Not real trains... I get it!  

17 minutes ago, DB83 said:

Against the top 6 other teams (excluding ourselves, so Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, Bolton, and Wycombe), under Rosenior we played 3, won 2, scored 6, while under Warne we have played 3, won 0, scored 0.

I suppose we could ignore the fact that all of those games under LR were at home whereas 2 out of 3 of those under PW were away from home. Or that under LR we conceded 5 goals in those three games whereas under PW we only conceded 1. But hey, don't be shy about manipulating statistics to make a point.?

Edited by Tamworthram

Solid  performance away to a team higher than us with expectations of promotion. 
probably neither side deserved to lose it but plenty for us to build on. 
Confidence building as we don’t expect to lose any game at the moment and other teams know we are up for a battle. 

Only criticism today would be not giving Osula 15 or 20 minutes, other than that, come on you fecking Rams….??

4 minutes ago, jono said:

You need a two up front. (Or midfield runners) Collins was average (not crap) because he lack close support (which, you are right, McG brings. He’s the perfect 10 at this level

He missed an easy headed chance and others that we'd have crucified Dobbin for! ? He never really convinces you that he's in the right position.

1 minute ago, uttoxram75 said:

Solid  performance away to a team higher than us with expectations of promotion. 
probably neither side deserved to lose it but plenty for us to build on. 
Confidence building as we don’t expect to lose any game at the moment and other teams know we are up for a battle. 

Only criticism today would be not giving Osula 15 or 20 minutes, other than that, come on you fecking Rams….??

You're probably not the only one to miss seeing a bit of willy on a Tuesday evening....?

2 hours ago, Ramarena said:

Good save from Wildsmith after time was up and ref let Bolton have one last chance

As refs go he was one of the best I’ve seen in recent times. Maybe the players were proper men on both sides, but for me there was a distinct lack of play acting on all sides, the ref did a sound job and was well balanced in consistency terms. Fozzy might be a bit aggrieved but others got away with things on both sides. He’d get 4 stars from me. 

40 minutes ago, DB83 said:

Against the top 6 other teams (excluding ourselves, so Plymouth, Ipswich, Sheff Wed, Barnsley, Bolton, and Wycombe), under Rosenior we played 3, won 2, scored 6, while under Warne we have played 3, won 0, scored 0.

As you seem to like statistics...here's one for you...away league games under LR...played 4...drawn 2 lost 2, Scored 0 conceded 3 

Charlton 1 Derby 0

Shrewsbury 0 Derby 0

Fleetwood 0 Derby 0

Lincoln 2 Derby 0 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He missed an easy headed chance and others that we'd have crucified Dobbin for! ? He never really convinces you that he's in the right position.

Now that’s a funny thing. I always rate Collins positioning but think he lacks that “stiletto” finish at times ?

He does need one now though. There’s a solid goal scorer (and worker)  there but he’s not quite hitting max RPM at the moment. Kind of : lively and contributes well in class but disappointing exam results. 

52 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I suppose we could ignore the fact that all of those games under LR were at home whereas 2 out of 3 of those under PW were away from home. Or that under LR we conceded 5 goals in those three games whereas under PW we only conceded 1. But hey, don't be shy about manipulating statistics to make a point.?

I was responding directly to a previous comment that said:

"We do struggle to score against teams in the top 6".

I was merely pointing out that that hasn't always been the case this season ?

Edited by DB83
Added a smiley face so as to (hopefully) not seem too mean.

8 minutes ago, jono said:

Now that’s a funny thing. I always rate Collins positioning but think he lacks that “stiletto” finish at times ?

This isn't every time of course, but...he doesn't get in front of his man, today he had a chance. He always needs to be found with a cross rather than attacking the cross. He's often stood on the goal-line when a cross comes over.

He's probably as good as we could get, but I'm not a fan tis true. We don't always play in a way that suits him - there were a fair few crosses today though. There was one at the end that hit him on the shoulder, he had no idea where the ball was. Lol. But he defends quite well and is better running with the ball than holding it. I'm not a hater but just like Dobbin he doesn't convince me. Now Osula...he's different, I wish we saw more of him. #COYR

1 minute ago, DB83 said:

I was responding directly to a previous comment that said:

"We do struggle to score against teams in the top 6".

I was merely pointing out that that hasn't always been the case this season.

Fair point but why bother quoting Warne’s record? It looks like you were trying to do more than “merely point out…………”

Watching the game live, it was obvious Bolton but a lot of energy into the first half. No one got a second on the ball. They tired and we got better. At the final whistle, 4/5 Bolton players went straight down knackered. A few teams players have been putting that guy busting efforts against us. We stood up to it well 

24 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

As you seem to like statistics...here's one for you...away league games under LR...played 4...drawn 2 lost 2, Scored 0 conceded 3 

Charlton 1 Derby 0

Shrewsbury 0 Derby 0

Fleetwood 0 Derby 0

Lincoln 2 Derby 0 

I cannot argue that the away form isn't better under Warne, and nor have I even tried to... we have clearly improved away from home (though draws against the bottom two clubs (Morecambe and Burton) is hardly us setting the World alight).

However, to counter that, the home form is also worse (Rosenior P5 W4 D0 L1; Warne P5 W2 D2 L1)... Rosenior gained 50% more points from his 5 home games than Warne has in his 5 games so far (12 vs 8), and arguably against harder opposition (Plymouth, Barnsley, Peterborough, and Wycombe for LR, compared to Forest Green, Bristol R, Exeter, and Port Vale for PW, with Oxford and Sheff Wed being obvious exceptions there).

But, this is off-topic for this thread, so I shall desist now ?

1 minute ago, DB83 said:

I cannot argue that the away form isn't better under Warne, and nor have I even tried to... we have clearly improved away from home (though draws against the bottom two clubs (Morecambe and Burton) is hardly us setting the World alight).

However, to counter that, the home form is also worse (Rosenior P5 W4 D0 L1; Warne P5 W2 D2 L1)... Rosenior gained 50% more points from his 5 home games than Warne has in his 5 games so far (12 vs 8), and arguably against harder opposition (Plymouth, Barnsley, Peterborough, and Wycombe for LR, compared to Forest Green, Bristol R, Exeter, and Port Vale for PW, with Oxford and Sheff Wed being obvious exceptions there).

But, this is off-topic for this thread, so I shall desist now ?

What's your point? How much better do you think our away form was going to get? Our home form wasn't going to get worse?

Why not take it to the Hull fans and ask for their opinion, there's some already want him gone aren't there?

18 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This isn't every time of course, but...he doesn't get in front of his man, today he had a chance. He always needs to be found with a cross rather than attacking the cross. He's often stood on the goal-line when a cross comes over.

He's probably as good as we could get, but I'm not a fan tis true. We don't always play in a way that suits him - there were a fair few crosses today though. There was one at the end that hit him on the shoulder, he had no idea where the ball was. Lol. But he defends quite well and is better running with the ball than holding it. I'm not a hater but just like Dobbin he doesn't convince me. Now Osula...he's different, I wish we saw more of him. #COYR

Absolutely as far as Osula is concerned. He is a disruptive menace and needs 15/20 minutes to get in the groove. Today, with Bolton having burned loads of energy in the first half, I’d have had him on at 65/70 minutes to scare the life out of them. He isn’t polished but he’s frightening if you’re knackered. (Which both sides were)

1 minute ago, jono said:

Absolutely as far as Osula is concerned. He is a disruptive menace and needs 15/20 minutes to get in the groove. Today, with Bolton having burned loads of energy in the first half, I’d have had him on at 65/70 minutes to scare the life out of them. He isn’t polished but he’s frightening if you’re knackered. (Which both sides were)

I presumed that by then Warne was keener on not wasting our efforts and conceding/losing, NML is a more experienced player in front of a makeshift RB.

Just got home. Weather was horrendous driving home over M62, wasn't much better on the pitch.

I thought we did very well under the circumstances, defence was more than solid but would have liked to see Dobbin and Osula on earlier. Or how about mix and matching a bit so we have one of Dobbin or Osula on from start, give us some pace on the break?