mozza

v Burton Albion  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Will Derby

• Win
    • Lose
    • Draw

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/12/22 at 14:00

On 08/12/2022 at 21:50, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It’s going to be a terrific game. It’s going to be as exciting as it is electric. It’s a derby game. Burton Albion in the past have always been in the shadow of Derby County, until the last few years. Nowadays I’d say it’s more a level playing field. It’s an occasion we’re going to relish.”

If any of the above were true in anyway, I'd have to give up football.  How many tabs of LSD has he had.

But that's the thing, what is our record against Burton like.... games in last few years clearly show they are competitive with us! Lost 2 drawn 1 won 1 and the fact we've only ever been in the same league for 3 seasons including this clearly supports the comment about them being in our shadow.

Credit to them to get where they have, and if we don't win tomorow they will have bragging rights on head to head still!

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

But that's the thing, what is our record against Burton like.... games in last few years clearly show they are competitive with us! Lost 2 drawn 1 won 1 and the fact we've only ever been in the same league for 3 seasons including this clearly supports the comment about them being in our shadow.

Credit to them to get where they have, and if we don't win tomorow they will have bragging rights on head to head still!

I've never seen my team average 4k for home games and sit bottom of the third tier amongst the multitude of other things we've done Burton Albion never will..  The aren't just in our shadow.  I'm looking in a rear view mirror at 100mph as they disappear behind a solar eclipse.  A couple of results won't change that.

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've never seen my team average 4k for home games and sit bottom of the third tier amongst the multitude of other things we've done Burton Albion never will..  The aren't just in our shadow.  I'm looking in a rear view mirror at 100mph as they disappear behind a solar eclipse.  A couple of results won't change that.

The point is, they are not in our shadow from a footballing sense currently,  that's where their manager was coming from.

Using size of club and history is a dangerous game.... on that basis, we will never win the top prize in Europe twice! So on your thinking, who's shadow are we in.......

Give them respect for what they have done, especially as they only average 4k for home games!