Torquay Utd V Derby Player Ratings

Ellafella

7 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith

Smith

Cashin

Forsyth

Robert’s

Mendez-Laing

Spearman

Sibley

Hourihane

Bird

Dobbin

Osula

Thompson 

Collins

Half a mark is a little high for some of this lot. Can we do a quarter of a mark?

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half-marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore, when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith 7 I liked his general calmness, taking his time. Shame he didn't save the pen which went through his legs, but deserved some credit.

Smith 6 Playing out of position, tries hard.

Cashin 5.5 Would have been lower, but had done some things well in the first half, including always being involved in the game and trying to pass the ball calmly. Kept losing his footing thought. But a moment of stupidity over the pen and sending off. And this is what cost us the win.

Forsyth 6 Out of position. In a battle. 

Robert’s 6 Gave the ball away too much. Needs to be stronger on it.

Mendez-Laing 6.5 One of the better ones.

Spearman 6.5 Puts his body on the line and gives everything for the cause. Great blocks. Our best defender on the day.

Sibley 6 Didn't impact the game enough, but when he went off the midfield disappeared so it demonstrated his unseen value and how he makes us tick.

Hourihane 4.5 What was that? 

Bird 6 Good assist but anonymous in the second half when he needs to control the game

Dobbin 6 Should have put his chances away. Without any end product, I'm not sure what he offers the team.

Osula 7.5 Two goals gives him MotM. Both very well taken. Wish he'd be better holding the ball up and relieving pressure, but then he wouldn't have been loaned to League One.

Thompson 5.5 He really looks like a boy against men.

Collins 6 We need more from him on a day like today.

Wildsmith 6

Smith 5

Cashin 5

Forsyth 5

Robert’s 5

Mendez-Laing 5

Stearman 5

Sibley 1

Hourihane 2

Bird 3

Dobbin 5

Osula 6

Thompson 4

Collins 4

Wildsmith - 6 - handling wise average, could possibly go lower as I felt his distribution was poor today

Smith - 6.5 - I felt he was ok today at times looked decent, other times looked very poor especially late on. From my perspective he should have just put his boot through it and put it forward, but he’s a professional and I’m not for a reason.

Cashin - 4 - I think he has the potential to be a solid player, but he seems to be having more poor games than good games atm. I hope he     learns from the game today. I don’t think he needed to pull the Torquay player back when he did as Forsyth looked like he was about to clean it up. Also if Cashin thought he had to stop the Torquay player he should have at least played the ball so it’s a yellow car.

Forsyth - 6 - too many poor touches late on, other than that he was average imo.

Roberts - 6.5 - thought he did alright, just lacked an end product with his crosses

Mendez-Laing - 7 - I thought he was one of our better players today. If he stayed on I’m sure he would have created another good chance, especially with Torquay throwing everyone forward at the end.

Stearman - 5.5 - I don’t want to sound like I’m being overly critical, but he seemed to keep putting the ball into dangerous areas late on. Poor communication with wildsmith when he put it out for a corner instead of letting wildsmith catch it and boot it into Torquay’s half.

Sibley - 5.5 - again didn’t do too much today. He needs to be more cautious as he gave the referee a decision to make with his high boot. With my black and white tinted glasses on I felt the ref got it right, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was red.

Hourihane - 5.5 - no end product again

Bird - 6 - not disastrous, not great really

Dobbin - 6 - inconsistent but that happens with lots of young players

Osula - 6.5 - took his goals well, could he have done more when he was 1 on 1 in the first half?

Thompson - 6 - imo he would be better off if he could be loaned out to a team in l2 or the NL, where he could be kicked about a bit and strengthen up. I don’t think holding midfielder is his best position, as he doesn’t seem to have either the physicality or the technical skills to succeed there atm. Like Cashin though he’s a player who can have a bright future if he gets the appropriate experience, but is playing out of his depth due to the lack in squad depth.

Collins - 5 - I thought he was anonymous today

Wildsmith 6

Smith 5.5

Cashin 4.5 red was indicative of his shakiness 

Forsyth 4 fish out of water

Roberts 5 poor second half 

Mendez-Laing 6

Stearman 4.5 weak

Sibley 5 anonymous 

Hourihane 3 added nothing 

Bird 4.5 his class didn’t shine through 

Dobbin 6 at least got past defenders 

Osula 7 for his goals

Thompson 4 still looks out of form

Collins 4 ran around like an old Labrador 

49 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith 6.5

Smith 6

Cashin 5

Forsyth 6.5

Robert’s 6.5

Mendez-Laing 6.5

Spearman 5.5

Sibley 5

Hourihane 4.5

Bird 6

Dobbin 6

Osula 7

Thompson 4.5

Collins 5.5

17 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Wildsmith - 6 - handling wise average, could possibly go lower as I felt his distribution was poor today

Smith - 6.5 - I felt he was ok today at times looked decent, other times looked very poor especially late on. From my perspective he should have just put his boot through it and put it forward, but he’s a professional and I’m not for a reason.

Cashin - 4 - I think he has the potential to be a solid player, but he seems to be having more poor games than good games atm. I hope he     learns from the game today. I don’t think he needed to pull the Torquay player back when he did as Forsyth looked like he was about to clean it up. Also if Cashin thought he had to stop the Torquay player he should have at least played the ball so it’s a yellow car.

Forsyth - 6 - too many poor touches late on, other than that he was average imo.

Roberts - 6.5 - thought he did alright, just lacked an end product with his crosses

Mendez-Laing - 7 - I thought he was one of our better players today. If he stayed on I’m sure he would have created another good chance, especially with Torquay throwing everyone forward at the end.

Stearman - 5.5 - I don’t want to sound like I’m being overly critical, but he seemed to keep putting the ball into dangerous areas late on. Poor communication with wildsmith when he put it out for a corner instead of letting wildsmith catch it and boot it into Torquay’s half.

Sibley - 5.5 - again didn’t do too much today. He needs to be more cautious as he gave the referee a decision to make with his high boot. With my black and white tinted glasses on I felt the ref got it right, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if it was red.

Hourihane - 5.5 - no end product again

Bird - 6 - not disastrous, not great really

Dobbin - 6 - inconsistent but that happens with lots of young players

Osula - 6.5 - took his goals well, could he have done more when he was 1 on 1 in the first half?

Thompson - 6 - imo he would be better off if he could be loaned out to a team in l2 or the NL, where he could be kicked about a bit and strengthen up. I don’t think holding midfielder is his best position, as he doesn’t seem to have either the physicality or the technical skills to succeed there atm. Like Cashin though he’s a player who can have a bright future if he gets the appropriate experience, but is playing out of his depth due to the lack in squad depth.

Collins - 5 - I thought he was anonymous today

0112C2D8-254B-4B02-B8CB-A9CF3A07E812.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Wildsmith 6 woeful kicking

Smith 6

Cashin 5

Forsyth 6

Robert’s 6

Mendez-Laing 7 was he injured?

Spearman 6

Sibley 5

Hourihane 5

Bird 6

Dobbin 5 missed 2 sitters

Osula 8 Dobbin should have gone off

Thompson 4 fell over a lot

Collins 5 did very little

Wildsmith 3-didnt have anything to do first half.poor distribution second half. Had an argument with some fans who, to be fair to him, were giving him dogs abuse

Smith 5-some poor decisions, offered little

Cashin 4-OK first half, then the red. Kept slipping as well

Forsyth 4-showed his inconsistencies of old

Robert’s 6-nothing wrong yet did nothing either

Mendez-Laing 7-our only attacking outlet that seems to work

Stearman 5-should consider a coaching role, it's what he was doing in the warm ups

Sibley 5 - a flight risk. Had to come off as was going to get a red with how he was playing. 

Hourihane 1-awful. Offered absolutely nothing at all and looked disinterested 

Bird 6-was OK, some poor passes but also set up one for osula

Dobbin 5- can't finish, should have killed the game off in the first half

Osula 7-2 good finishes but didn't do much else

Thompson 1-see hourihane. He's just not showing that he's good enough imo

Collins 5-seemed to be out of position most of the first half