What’s happened to the big flag?

Poynton ram

2 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Not seen it at Pride Park for a while. Anyone know what happened to it?

I'm pretty sure it's been there every home game. Usually passed over the heads of folk in the South Stand or, as against Exeter, draped across the empty seats not taken up by visiting supporters (unless I'm imagining things).

I'm 99% certain I spotted it as I entered the NE corner yesterday.  Just as the players came out of the tunnel.  

The flag had just reached the top right corner (looking from the pitch) of the South Stand, and was just starting to be rolled up, as I turned away, to walk up my stairs.
I usually get in at a similar time (late, but never too late!), so no idea how often it gets surfed nowadays.  ?‍♂️

19 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

Not seen it at Pride Park for a while. Anyone know what happened to it?

Hey Poynton

Yep its still going every game. Only missed 2 games this season and that was Plymouth at home and Peterborough at home as on holiday.

As mentioned I do a hold surf in the South Stand if away end full and if not over the East Stand Corner like it was for Exeter.

It's done a few away games this year including Charlton, Mansfield, Shrewsbury. I was running late for Ipswich so couldn't do a surf there which was frustrating but traffic was a nightmare.. With the ground being smaller fairly tough to get it in, Forest Green all them years back was an exception and was bigger than the stand!

It wont be there for Morecambe as terrace too small, probably not Torquay either, will do Liverpool as been allowed before, should be allowed for MK Dons over seats and also a hold / surf at Portsmouth - just need to get there on time!

Aware it needs sewing up as well. It is old mind and costs around £50 everytime I have it done. Very kindly Tom Lawrence and the lads paid last time.

Seeing as its not being seen much may do a West Stand surf one of these days.... 

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Hey Poynton

Yep its still going every game. Only missed 2 games this season and that was Plymouth at home and Peterborough at home as on holiday.

As mentioned I do a hold surf in the South Stand if away end full and if not over the East Stand Corner like it was for Exeter.

It's done a few away games this year including Charlton, Mansfield, Shrewsbury. I was running late for Ipswich so couldn't do a surf there which was frustrating but traffic was a nightmare.. With the ground being smaller fairly tough to get it in, Forest Green all them years back was an exception and was bigger than the stand!

It wont be there for Morecambe as terrace too small, probably not Torquay either, will do Liverpool as been allowed before, should be allowed for MK Dons over seats and also a hold / surf at Portsmouth - just need to get there on time!

Aware it needs sewing up as well. It is old mind and costs around £50 everytime I have it done. Very kindly Tom Lawrence and the lads paid last time.

Seeing as its not being seen much may do a West Stand surf one of these days.... 

I'm game but it'll be hard work hauling it up them stairs! ?