January Window

1of4

9 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Twitter.

Could be the Right Back we need to cover Corey Smith. 
Looks like Warne had him at Rotherham, but can’t say I know much about him. Someone will no doubt have the low down …. 

Gangway D from the terrace 

Just looked him up on Wiki (olosunde). Definitely a right back, American 24 nearly 25 years old, started his youth career at NY Red Bulls, went to Man U, then played 64 games for Rotherham before signing for Preston where doesn’t look like he’s played much. Ticks boxes and makes logical sense - cue DET saying it’s “wide of the mark” 

9 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just looked him up on Wiki (olosunde). Definitely a right back, American 24 nearly 25 years old, started his youth career at NY Red Bulls, went to Man U, then played 64 games for Rotherham before signing for Preston where doesn’t look like he’s played much. Ticks boxes and makes logical sense - cue DET saying it’s “wide of the mark” 

Good age, some decent experience so far, suits the market we're shopping in.

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Chris martin all day long

Nick blackman told old pasted it

Conner sammion up grade on nick blackman.

Remarkably age is a very easy comparison with these three, all within a week of each other.

Martin is 34, born 04/11/88. 

Blackman is 33, born 11/11/89.

Sammon is 36, 06/11/86.

How can you class Blackman as too old when he's the youngest of the three?

Current performance level wise, it's arguably Martin for playing at the highest level - 1 in 17, 1 in 3 starts, Sammon - 13 in 29, Scottish League One. Then Blackman - unattached for 18 months.

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Partially agree but he has recently played in the Championship. I think he could still do a good enough job in League 1 for the rest of the season…

But what does he offer that Didsy or Collins don’t bring? 

For me we need pace or a jack in the box type striker. If a game is going against us and we’re playing Collins, a 1 for 1 swap with Martin doesn’t help us IMO.

I would sooner take Wickham. He scores more regularly.

Best we hope for this week is a striker out of favour at a Champ club who we can get by helping to pay some of the wages. (Which I think we can now do).

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

But what does he offer that Didsy or Collins don’t bring? 

For me we need pace or a jack in the box type striker. If a game is going against us and we’re playing Collins, a 1 for 1 swap with Martin doesn’t help us IMO.

I would sooner take Wickham. He scores more regularly.

Best we hope for this week is a striker out of favour at a Champ club who we can get by helping to pay some of the wages. (Which I think we can now do).

But we had pace with Osula and he wasn’t used. I think having a like for like replacement for the strikers would be fine. Have you seen Wickham’s scoring record? If Coldplay isn’t the answer, Wickham certainly isn’t either…

Not sure if it would be against the business plan or whether DC doesn’t want to make risky moves without the access to a crystal ball. But is there not scope for us to make a bid for a player, sign him, us pay nothing for the next 18 months and then come the end of the restrictions we can magically pay a full transfer fee as an “instalment”?