FA cup

Foreveram

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Yes I do know that and appreciate that like I said, For me personally it’s a forty mile round trip to home games. 
Taking into account the financial implications and travel restrictions it still leaves a large majority of fans that couldn’t be bothered, and that’s their prerogative, as long as they don’t want to be at front of the queue for an attractive tie.

Ah but , unless of course your not rich ( I’m not ) and are prepared to put money in the clubs coffers knowing you won’t really get value as there will be games you won’t / can’t get to , can see the point if we had a sell out every week and it stopped people getting a ticket but that’s not the case ,,, I reckon I’m ok to be at the front of the line for big games / Wembley ect ,, don’t have away membership and I’m ok for those that have and go more away to be in front of me in line for away games??‍♂️

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ah but , unless of course your not rich ( I’m not ) and are prepared to put money in the clubs coffers knowing you won’t really get value as there will be games you won’t / can’t get to , can see the point if we had a sell out every week and it stopped people getting a ticket but that’s not the case ,,, I reckon I’m ok to be at the front of the line for big games / Wembley ect ,, don’t have away membership and I’m ok for those that have and go more away to be in front of me in line for away games??‍♂️

If you’ve a season ticket you can buy your seat for home cup games and you’ll get priority for Wembley ( wishful thinking) so your sorted anyway. The irony is if we get a big home draw in the Cup with a big away allocation I’ll have to give up my seat in the East stand even though I’ve been to every cup game in every competition.?

1 hour ago, Foreveram said:

If you’ve a season ticket you can buy your seat for home cup games and you’ll get priority for Wembley ( wishful thinking) so your sorted anyway. The irony is if we get a big home draw in the Cup with a big away allocation I’ll have to give up my seat in the East stand even though I’ve been to every cup game in every competition.?

Season ticket ?

do you get priority for a seat before general sale?

16 minutes ago, Archied said:

Season ticket ?

do you get priority for a seat before general sale?

I presume you mean my season ticket. When the away allocation was moved around into the corner it meant that if the away club asked for a larger allocation, as they are entitled to in the FA cup then we are relocated. Yes we get first choice before general sale but obviously can only choose a seat that’s not a season ticket. Getting three together also limits where we can sit. Plus this applies to our whole area so that further restricts things. Presume Barnsley won’t want the extra allocation but who knows.

50 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

I presume you mean my season ticket. When the away allocation was moved around into the corner it meant that if the away club asked for a larger allocation, as they are entitled to in the FA cup then we are relocated. Yes we get first choice before general sale but obviously can only choose a seat that’s not a season ticket. Getting three together also limits where we can sit. Plus this applies to our whole area so that further restricts things. Presume Barnsley won’t want the extra allocation but who knows.

That’s a pain in the backside ,, not sure it’s fair to sell season tickets on that basis , I certainly wouldn’t have one in an area that is turned over to away fans for bigger games / away following 

6 hours ago, Archied said:

Got to remember some season ticket holders travel a long way and midweek evening games are a bit of a slog , yes if it was forest in the quarter finals I would be more inlined to get there but Torquay in the second round just doesn’t inspire 

Fair enough if you can’t get there or can’t afford to go but I don’t understand the don’t inspire logic (although I know that you’re not alone in that thinking). I go to matches to watch Derby not the opposition. If I can get there (and can afford it) I’ll be there regardless of who the opposition team is.

41 minutes ago, Archied said:

That’s a pain in the backside ,, not sure it’s fair to sell season tickets on that basis , I certainly wouldn’t have one in an area that is turned over to away fans for bigger games / away following 

The thing is we were already season tickets holders there for years before they moved the away fans. We were not consulted, just told it was happening. Yes we could have relocated at the end of the season but we like it there and have the same people round us for years. It’s a bit like living in a bungalow next to a field and then someone builds a housing estate on it and then says, you can always move.

59 minutes ago, Archied said:

Why is it not fair? Cup games are not covered by your season ticket either in terms of what you have paid or your seat being guaranteed when there is a big away following. 

I’m a season ticket holder in the East Stand and have had to give my seat up for cup games on a couple of occasions. It’s a shame not to be able to occupy my normal seat but hardly the end of the world. I’ve used the occasion as an opportunity to sample the match day experience from other parts of the ground including the South Stand.

On 05/12/2022 at 18:18, SKHunter said:

Same happened to Buxton away at Ipswich.  1700 on the Sunday and not on TV in this country.  

Nightmare journey to get there, and especially the return trip, by any mode of transport, and there was a rail strike that weekend. Considering the pedigree of the opposition, it was the biggest match in the club's history. You'd struggle to make it up.

11 hours ago, Will the Ram said:

Fair enough if you can’t get there or can’t afford to go but I don’t understand the don’t inspire logic (although I know that you’re not alone in that thinking). I go to matches to watch Derby not the opposition. If I can get there (and can afford it) I’ll be there regardless of who the opposition team is.

Well At 61 years old having followed derby from being a child I couldn’t count the derby home and away games I have been at and also missed through life getting in the way , I love going to watch derby no matter who we play hence season tickets no matter what division we are in but I also know the world won’t stop if I miss a game , I don’t do midweek night stuff at derby anymore and perhaps inspire is not the right word but the travel from the other side of london , 2 and a half hours min each way is just too much especially when you can find a stream or audio of just about every game ( I rarely miss watching a game if I’m not there in person ) , now if I lived much closer I probably would not miss a home game ,

one thing I can tell you is I don’t go to watch the opposition, I go to watch / support derby 

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Why is it not fair? Cup games are not covered by your season ticket either in terms of what you have paid or your seat being guaranteed when there is a big away following. 

I’m a season ticket holder in the East Stand and have had to give my seat up for cup games on a couple of occasions. It’s a shame not to be able to occupy my normal seat but hardly the end of the world. I’ve used the occasion as an opportunity to sample the match day experience from other parts of the ground including the South Stand.

Perhaps your right and I’m just a silly old sod who feels possessive about what I consider MY seat ?

On 06/12/2022 at 00:00, B4ev6is said:

Well I think tickets will  be £12 for adults and maybe 5 for kids and seniors over 65s like 6 pounds same for under 18s.

You may want to read the rules B4 on what teams can charge before guessing the price. An Adult price is already fixed at the lowest amount. It's not capped though.

On 06/12/2022 at 12:36, Foreveram said:

Yes I do know that and appreciate that like I said, For me personally it’s a forty mile round trip to home games. 
Taking into account the financial implications and travel restrictions it still leaves a large majority of fans that couldn’t be bothered, and that’s their prerogative, as long as they don’t want to be at front of the queue for an attractive tie.

Its not just being bothered. I have a 40 mile round trip to every home game as well but I also work shifts. I always  arrange Annual Holidays for the League games that drop on my late shift and sometimes can sort out shift swaps and short notice hols for rearranged games but its not always possible. 

If I'd spent as much time and energy working as I do planning my life round Derby County Football Club I'd probably be retired now. ?