Ronnie Ronalde Podcast

sage

Just finished watching, it’s an incredible story with an incredibly sad ending, can’t help but feel however that it’s a story that shouldn’t really be out there. Would be genuinely interested to know just how happy Nigel, Simon and their sister really are that this book has been made.

We all make mistakes in life, he’s clearly made a few by stealing, denying, not going to see Brian Clough before he died…..my problem is the story doesn’t really end there.

Having decided to write the book, coming on this forum, taking money from members and vanishing for months with zero communication, some still yet to receive the book they paid for, is that really “being good”? Feels like these same mistakes are continuing and no lessons have been learnt.

Also when you hear him say he gives as much as he physically can to charity from the proceeds, sorry Craig, but should that not be, all profits from the book go to charity?

Whilst I don’t believe those profits will be into significant numbers after the publishing costs, every single penny of profit should make it’s way to charity in a fully transparent way.

Kieran Maguire does this with his book, regularly showing sales figures and payments made. 

Just comes across as profiting from a story in which 2 people are sadly not with us today, 2 remarkable people that gave you every opportunity in your life to make something of yourself, 1 of which even as a grown man you could not face to make amends.

Everything they did was not for public show, yet here it is, in public when as I say, they are no longer around and I just find it slightly distasteful if I’m honest.

I'm torn on this tbh. One thing is for certain is that it's not okay to take payment and not deliver on the product and not offer up a refund. It seems to be an increasingly common thing that some self-promoting people are doing (see the allegations about Jack Monroe if you go up a level) and it shouldn't be happening. 

On the following around of the Clough's from club to club in some ways I understand it in other ways I really don't. If someone has fallen out with you because of your bad behavior and they say'sorry but I don't really want to talk to you anymore' my opinion is you have to respect that wish and walk away. No matter how difficult and painful you find that decision. I understand the temptation to try and rekindle the relationship or keep it going from a distance but if I was Nigel I probably wouldn't really appreciate this. 

I'm also not the biggest fan of 'selling the story'. Yes it feels life defining for him (which in its own way I find slightly sad) but surely there's an ethical question of putting out there what was an intensely personal, emotional and private experience in a book? I think if he wanted to write a book there would be a fantastic one on the general lessons and arc of his experiences that could have been made into a cracking novel. But without the consent of the Clough family (am never sure if he got that) writing this kind of book just seems kind of wrong. It also appears slightly sleazy to be profiting of such a story rather than perhaps using it as a deeply personal fable of actions and consequences. 

You make fair points above, @David, I can understand how you've come to that conclusion. 

I was also left out of pocket, and minus the promised book.

However, I don't think he set out with the intention to deceive, more that he was overwhelmed by events around that time, in regard to publishing the book.

I'm sure if he wanted to cash in, he'd have some far juicier anecdotes he could bring to light, given Cloughs erraticness around that period. 

I just think he's a bit lost, like a fella who's cheated on the best girl he's ever going to meet, and can't/won't move on for fear that no-one else will match up.

9 hours ago, Rev said:

You make fair points above, @David, I can understand how you've come to that conclusion. 

I was also left out of pocket, and minus the promised book.

However, I don't think he set out with the intention to deceive, more that he was overwhelmed by events around that time, in regard to publishing the book.

I'm sure if he wanted to cash in, he'd have some far juicier anecdotes he could bring to light, given Cloughs erraticness around that period. 

I just think he's a bit lost, like a fella who's cheated on the best girl he's ever going to meet, and can't/won't move on for fear that no-one else will match up.

I agree with you, I don’t believe for a second he set out to deceive.

Assuming you all paid by PayPal, so would have had contact details, an email to apologise for the delay with further update emails I feel would not have been unreasonable or overly time consuming.

When a major plot twist of this story is that he basically stole from the family, just feel the process should have been handled a lot better.

I’m sure looking back he will regret how he handled this, hopefully he does, I’ve been told he is reading this topic.

Maybe those that have paid and haven’t received posted the date and time of the PayPal transaction was made, he can then grab your contact details from there and fix this so you receive the book that you paid for.

52 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I’m pretty sure he reached out, via Dark Fruits, to those who donated/ordered a book to get in touch if they still wanted a copy ??‍♂️ 

FWIW, I feel he’s tried to make things right and that’s a good thing. 

Dark Fruits is still on his self imposed ban as he concentrates on work, so wouldn't be able to sort anything with members on the forum.

As far as I'm aware that won't be until the end of the year.

Craig, if you are reading, my email address is david @ the forum URL if you wish to supply contact details which I can privately send to both Sage and Rev, plus any other members that have yet to receive their book.

56 minutes ago, David said:

Dark Fruits is still on his self imposed ban as he concentrates on work, so wouldn't be able to sort anything with members on the forum.

As far as I'm aware that won't be until the end of the year.

Craig, if you are reading, my email address is david @ the forum URL if you wish to supply contact details which I can privately send to both Sage and Rev, plus any other members that have yet to receive their book.

yeah, I'm talking about last October. I emailed Craig after saying I'd seen the message. It was 21st October 2021. Pretty sure the thread got deleted though after a couple of days, so maybe not everybody saw it.

48 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yeah, I'm talking about last October. I emailed Craig after saying I'd seen the message. It was 21st October 2021. Pretty sure the thread got deleted though after a couple of days, so maybe not everybody saw it.

Ok, if that was deleted, been that long it won’t be there to even access anymore.

Just to be transparent with you all, he was banned from the forum in 2019 after receiving multiple verbal and official warnings over profanity used towards other members, also made libellous accusations that Bris Vegas was a plant to drive up clicks for the clubs advert money.

That wasn’t even the final straw, still allowed him to continue to post on the forum as the profanity towards other members continued and a further 2 official warnings were issued.

Official warnings received, 2nd June 2019, 29th May 2019, 21st October 2018, 3rd September 2015, 2nd October 2013.

At some point we have to draw the line and say enough is enough. 

This ban came 4 YEARS after creating the initial topics in June & July 2015 crowdfunding for the book. The book being released in April 2022 on Amazon, 7 years later.

I haven’t published a book, I don’t know the time frames, but I do no how long it would take to write an email to all those that have paid, or even a forum topic. I’m sorry but it’s nowhere near 4 years, 2 of which had disappeared from the forum without a trace.

In 2017 when he returned to the forum, not one topic was created to update members before his permanent ban 2 years later, which he was active on the forum for.

Would it not have made sense to compile a database of names and contact details of those that have paid, marking them despatched as they were sent out. Had this been done we wouldn’t be in this situation now.

I do recall we have had members try to circumvent bans before by trying to pass posts on through members to the forum, I can’t remember if Craig was one or it was even in regards to the book, your memory is better than mine on this one.

As the owner of this forum though, I do want to see those that have been left out of pocket receive what they paid for, I’m happy to forward contact details on if Craig wishes to make things right. I hope he’s well, I have no personal issues with him other than how this book sale has been handled, I did not pre order the book so not out of pocket in anyway. 

So Craig, again, forward your contact details to me, my email is david@[insert the forum url], make sure it’s .uk not .co.uk, 

Just to let you all know, Craig has been in touch with me and provided an email which those that have paid and not received the book can contact him on.

I will not share it publicly, only privately on request by PM.

I am aware of 3 members that have been mentioned whose details have slipped through the system, all of which I have forwarded his details on.

Finally, I want to publicly thank Craig for making this right with the members, appreciated. 

8 hours ago, David said:

Just to let you all know, Craig has been in touch with me and provided an email which those that have paid and not received the book can contact him on.

I am aware of 3 members that have been mentioned whose details have slipped through the system, all of which I have forwarded his details on.

Finally, I want to publicly thank Craig for making this right with the members, appreciated. 

Fair play to him. He's a damaged individual and has not always been whiter than white, but then, how many of us have?

People who had tough backgrounds who come good in the end deserve s bit of love even if they may have transgressed on the journey.

If he does the right thing with those on here who actually supported him bitd then its all good.

On 13/10/2022 at 15:28, David said:

Without wishing to be drawn on the justification or otherwise of the negative comments made in this thread, I can confirm that I've received a copy of Craigs' book and look forward to reading it.

Thanks Craig.