What does day hold when Derby aren’t playing

Curtains

1 hour ago, jono said:

Bacon and eggs, dog walk round Darley with Mrs Jono and hound. It started raining so didn’t go and see the new bridge. Anyone seen it ?
Tidied shed which was a fallout zone following some woodwork experiments (rank amateur and enthusiastic bodgit merchant ?) I now know where most things are (until the next time )

Just about to check scores then shower and shave; going to friends tonight - bit of a chef -  so good dinner and vino incoming and my near seat PP mate is going too so might get some footy chat too and it’s walking distance so no bother with cars and taxis. But really missing going to the game. Missed last week for a wedding so it seems an age. 

I’ve seen Darley Bridge on my bike ride  and then saw a robot lol near museum at Derby Feste. 

Watching Sleeping with the enemy now on Prime .

Very scary 

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I saw most of it but not the end, what happened ?

The non striker was out her ground as the bolwer went to deliver, but didn't bowl the ball, turned around and took the bails off the non stiker's wicket for a run out. technically a run out as confirmed by the tv ref, but immensly unsporting and, just not cricket.

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I had the booster and a flue jab on the same day and thought for 48 hours I was dying 

Me too, Kevin. I have mine in two weeks time and have cleared my diary for the next 4 days. Last time I had one jab in my left arm, one in my right and I couldn't sleep on either side for a week. I just felt as though I had a mild attack of flu and had to stay in bed for two days.  Not looking forward to the next one.

Edited by Miggins

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Pah! Had to 'cheat' to beat us. As you say, pathetic.

Normally you would expect at least a "warning" to be given before actually mankading and claiming the wicket ?

whatever, have your hollow victory... well done for ruining what was building up to be a thrilling finish for the paying public.

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The non striker was out her ground as the bolwer went to deliver, but didn't bowl the ball, turned around and took the bails off the non stiker's wicket for a run out. technically a run out as confirmed by the tv ref, but immensly unsporting and, just not cricket.

I know what you mean, but if the none striker chooses to take the risk to gain half a yard in pursuit of a run, then the bowler is right. In the end it’s an off side trap, execute it wrongly and you suffer .. you win some you lose some. Sharp practice, not sporting, not what I like to see, but entirely within the rules and very much cricket. That rule is in place to stop a none striker running half way up the wicket as the bowler runs in and thus gaining an unfair advantage. 

10 hours ago, RodleyRam said:

I call deviation on this topic being in the DCFC area of the forum. By definition should it not be in the Jim Smith Room?!

For what it's worth I spent the day trying to negotiate with a potty training toddler. I consider it practice for trying to debate with some posters on here...

I never look at any other part of the forum