Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

38 minutes ago, LazloW said:

I was disappointed that LR was not given the job on a permanent basis, and in the context of the club, he wasn’t doing a bad job at all really. However, we move on with Warne and I hope he does equally well or better (although given the short time he was in charge we’ll never know what he might’ve achieved).

Obviously great to win his first game in charge; great to get our first away goals and win this season. But some of the stuff coming out both before and after the game was a bit cringe worthy wasn’t it? It’s one game. I also agree that it’s not really fair to suggest he’s come in and turned something around (he even said as much himself).  So, in that regard, I think there has been a bit of a naff narrative.  

Perhaps we should see where we are in another 10 games before deciding Warne is the ‘messiah’ himself, though (that seems to be the threshold).

Yep only time and results we’ll tell if Liam was doing a good job with the players we have , my gut says he was doing average and perhaps going backwards a bit 

LR had 9 league games so let's see where we are in 9 league games under PW. This takes us up to and including Portsmouth away, game on. However sad and unfortunate it might seen it was on LR, the club will have their reasons - from looking at PW's history and first game, it looks fairly solid logic in my view. 

4 hours ago, nottingram said:

Yeah that is probably right and maybe we did need a fresh face as the longer the away run went on the more mindset would have been affected by the fear of it for want of a better term.

I just didn’t see anything in away performances under Rosenior that made me think the poor run would carry on once we’d got the one goal or win. Incredibly unlucky v both Charlton and Fleetwood. So it’s a bit frustrating to have the away record constantly mentioned as a stick to beat him with dating back to when he wasn’t even manager.

Sure, I agree we were unfortunate against Fleetwood and Shrewsbury. Charlton first half but not the second. The problem was though that the away record this season, based on points and goals (and that's what football is ultimately judged on), was wretched so it was a fair stick with which to beat him. He couldn't defend our away record even if we were unlucky in a couple of games. Second half against Charlton we were poor. Lincoln away we were terrible. And that stretched back to when he was assistant manager under Wayne - same sort of performances and lack of goals. So the concern was that it was a continuing trend.

He'd gone on record saying he wouldn't change his philosophy of possession based football and no-one knows whether it would have been successful in this league or not. So in the end the owners had to come down on the fence one way or the other.

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:
  7 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Let me try. It would be churlish to ask why you have included an apostrophe   

6 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Or why you've omitted a full stop.

confusing the meanings of ‘imply’ and ‘infer’ is one thing, but surely you must be able to work out where the sentence in my post finishes 

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

confusing the meanings of ‘imply’ and ‘infer’ is one thing, but surely you must be able to work out where the sentence in my post finishes 

Read the above and we've had a whip-round as it's getting embarrassing now...

image.png

28 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Read the above and we've had a whip-round as it's getting embarrassing now...

Lord knows what this means;  but I can’t help thinking what else you might be doing with all the time you’ll spend checking your grammar and spelling in future      But no need to be embarrassed, honestly, no one cares 

21 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Lord knows what this means;  but I can’t help thinking what else you might be doing with all the time you’ll spend checking your grammar and spelling in future      But no need to be embarrassed, honestly, no one cares 

giphy.gif

Iv watched his interviews and its nice to see a character in the game. No b******* and doesnt say the word delighted every 3 seconds.

His style of play matches his personality, No b******* and seems to get the job done.

So glad we aint passing it round our own box for 90 mins and then conceding, any more of that and id lose me mind 

I think it’s far too early to draw any conclusions about the new manager.

We have beaten Cambridge (yes Cambridge everybody) thanks to a calamitous defensive error and a goalkeeping lapse.

We won’t know for six weeks or so how this might all pan out.

As a season ticket holder and lifelong fan, I’m obviously hoping it’s a true revival but we all know how things go for us ?

41 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

We have beaten Cambridge (yes Cambridge everybody) thanks to a calamitous defensive error and a goalkeeping lapse.

As a season ticket holder and lifelong fan, I’m obviously hoping it’s a true revival but we all know how things go for us ?

To be fair both goals were as a result of sustained pressure from us which is what Warne promised we would see from our team.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I mean you can belittle Cambridge all you want, but they were above us in the league.

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Oh dear this post worries me .

Where have you been the last 3 years when we have only just survived as a club .

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

Oh dear this post worries me .

Where have you been the last 3 years when we have only just survived as a club .

I think that’s rather what I allude to in my last paragraph.

My post is saying let’s not get carried away with a few press conferences and a single away win.

He may be the messiah; he may just be a very naughty boy ?