Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

Given that we won 7 out 12 games under Rosenior, and only 4 of the first 12 games under Warne, it's arguably the management change and subsequent slow start under Warne that has cost us this season. No-one can know whether we'd be doing equally well or even better if we'd stuck with Rosenior. But let's not forget that this squad of players was entirely assembled by him, so he deserves an awful lot of credit and thanks for that.

This is not to say that I think Warne is doing badly or hasn't improved the team though, because he clearly has. But Rosenior may have done too.

I wonder what PW and his coaching staff feel at the moment?

They obviously had a great love for Rotherham, but surely they must be impressed with crowds of over 30k and sold out away days plus the ground and training facilities at Derby. They must be excited about the potential in this club and where they could take it.

59 minutes ago, DB83 said:

Given that we won 7 out 12 games under Rosenior, and only 4 of the first 12 games under Warne, it's arguably the management change and subsequent slow start under Warne that has cost us this season. No-one can know whether we'd be doing equally well or even better if we'd stuck with Rosenior. But let's not forget that this squad of players was entirely assembled by him, so he deserves an awful lot of credit and thanks for that.

This is not to say that I think Warne is doing badly or hasn't improved the team though, because he clearly has. But Rosenior may have done too.

Not a chance in hell...imo

Charlton 1 DCFC 0

Shrewsbury 0 DCFC 0

Fleetwood 0 DCFC 0

Lincoln 2 DCFC 0

4 games 0 goals for in the above LR games, Warne came in and had to re calibrate everything plus the kitchen sink, He's on record as saying our fitness is higher than under LR, PW has had cunning plan Bs where under LR we didn't have one, We'll never ever know how LR would have performed if he'd still been here...but one thing I'll put my sombrero on...we'd have lost that game last night.

LR assembled a group of players, PW  has moulded them into a physical force  

1 hour ago, DB83 said:

Given that we won 7 out 12 games under Rosenior, and only 4 of the first 12 games under Warne, it's arguably the management change and subsequent slow start under Warne that has cost us this season. 

“Cost us” in what sense? Did I sleep through Feb, March and April?!
The season isn’t finished yet, we’re 4th in the league on 50 points with 19 games to play, forget the hypothetical Warne vs Rosenior arguments, both managers, their staff and all the players who have taken to the field so far this season have contributed to that. 
We “could” still go up as one of the two autos, we “could” still go up via the play offs, and we “could” miss out. None of that is written yet and we’re in the lovely position of being able to enjoy what’s happened so far, what is happening currently and what is still to happen, we haven’t been “cost anything”….and not just cause the EFL have our wallet under lock and key. 

3 hours ago, DB83 said:

This is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate using misleading statistics. Rosenior did not win 7 league games. Including the pizza cup in that is absolutely embarrassing frankly. In Warne's first few games he had some of the tougher games too as in the first 12, he had to play Ipswich away, Portsmouth away when they were flying and the Wendies. He also didn't get a preseason to get to know the players and was thrown straight into the action. How do you know Rosenior put this squad together and Rooney had no influence prior to that on summer plans? 

Of course nobody can say whether Rosenior would have improved the form, but we didn't look capable of getting a win away for love or money or really capable of scoring many goals or creating chances. 

37 minutes ago, Andicis said:

This is a deliberate attempt to obfuscate using misleading statistics. Rosenior did not win 7 league games. Including the pizza cup in that is absolutely embarrassing frankly. In Warne's first few games he had some of the tougher games too as in the first 12, he had to play Ipswich away, Portsmouth away when they were flying and the Wendies. He also didn't get a preseason to get to know the players and was thrown straight into the action. How do you know Rosenior put this squad together and Rooney had no influence prior to that on summer plans? 

Of course nobody can say whether Rosenior would have improved the form, but we didn't look capable of getting a win away for love or money or really capable of scoring many goals or creating chances. 

This is such a futile debate. Nobody knows what would have happened. Warney is doing a brilliant job for us and Rosenior is doing a good job at Hull.

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

This is such a futile debate. Nobody knows what would have happened. Warney is doing a brilliant job for us and Rosenior is doing a good job at Hull.

Just providing the context to a blatantly misleading post, if you don't like it you don't need to reply to tell me so. 

5 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Not a chance in hell...imo

Charlton 1 DCFC 0

Shrewsbury 0 DCFC 0

Fleetwood 0 DCFC 0

Lincoln 2 DCFC 0

4 games 0 goals for in the above LR games, Warne came in and had to re calibrate everything plus the kitchen sink, He's on record as saying our fitness is higher than under LR, PW has had cunning plan Bs where under LR we didn't have one, We'll never ever know how LR would have performed if he'd still been here...but one thing I'll put my sombrero on...we'd have lost that game last night.

LR assembled a group of players, PW  has moulded them into a physical force  

How are draws at Morecambe, Burton and Torquay any better than draws at Shrewsbury and Fleetwood though?? All I'm saying is that I think our away record would have improved under Rosenior in the same way that it has done under Warne. It's impossible to know, of course, but after the nightmare of last season I don't think 1W 2D 2L from the first 5 away matches is as horrific as people make it out to be.

5 hours ago, Carnero said:

Yawn... not in the league we didn't, as repeated ad infinitum ?

14 points from 9 games under Rosenior.

36 points from 18 games under Warne.

To compare their stats and STILL try to twist them in favour of Rosenior is utterly ludicrous.

Why are you assuming that the team wouldn't have gotten better over time under Rosenior though?? Yes, 14 points from 9 league games under Rosenior, but 15 points from the first 9 league games under Warne. Hardly a massive improvement, was it?? We've got better since then, but we may well have got better with Rosenior still in charge too. The desperation of people on here to prove that Rosenior was rubbish is just so disappointing IMO. We are where we are now because of a) great player recruitment by Rosenior and b) good team improvement (eventually) by Warne, but it isn't clear to me that b) couldn't also have been achieved by Rosenior. That's all I'm saying.

4 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

“Cost us” in what sense? Did I sleep through Feb, March and April?!
The season isn’t finished yet, we’re 4th in the league on 50 points with 19 games to play, forget the hypothetical Warne vs Rosenior arguments, both managers, their staff and all the players who have taken to the field so far this season have contributed to that. 
We “could” still go up as one of the two autos, we “could” still go up via the play offs, and we “could” miss out. None of that is written yet and we’re in the lovely position of being able to enjoy what’s happened so far, what is happening currently and what is still to happen, we haven’t been “cost anything”….and not just cause the EFL have our wallet under lock and key. 

This was in response to a post a few pages back claiming that the "slow start" under Rosenior might be what costs us automatic promotion. I was pointing out that actually it might be the "slow start" (4 wins from 12) under Warne that potentially (but of course only speculatively) could ultimately have cost us automatic promotion. I'm basically trying to rebut the anti-Rosenior sentiment displayed by a minority of posters on here who to blame him that we aren't top already.

2 minutes ago, DB83 said:

This was in response to a post a few pages back claiming that the "slow start" under Rosenior might be what costs us automatic promotion. I was pointing out that actually it might be the "slow start" (4 wins from 12) under Warne that potentially (but of course only speculatively) could ultimately have cost us automatic promotion. I'm basically trying to rebut the anti-Rosenior sentiment displayed by a minority of posters on here who to blame him that we aren't top already.

My bad for not reading back further! I just took the post at face value, sorry. 

10 minutes ago, DB83 said:

How are draws at Morecambe, Burton and Torquay any better than draws at Shrewsbury and Fleetwood though?? All I'm saying is that I think our away record would have improved under Rosenior in the same way that it has done under Warne. It's impossible to know, of course, but after the nightmare of last season I don't think 1W 2D 2L from the first 5 away matches is as horrific as people make it out to be.

Stick to league games, under Rosenior we played four, drawing two, losing two and winning none.

The draws at Morecambe and Burton were while had started the current unbeaten run but it was still a transitional period from Rosenior's to Warne's system. Since then, results suggest we may have completed the transitional period and winning games where previously we might have drawn them has now become a habit. The next few weeks will give us a better idea as to whether or not that is true. We now average two points per game under Paul Warne which over a season usually ensures automatic promotion. To my mind we never looked like achieving that under Rosenior under whom we did not face Ipswich, Plymouth, Sheffield Wednesday or Bolton - just Barnsley who now are sixth.