Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

From the Supporters Meeting 09/01

"Any outstanding fees with Bielik?

We still owe Arsenal as part of the original payment plan, nothing has changed here. Krystian Bielik is on loan at Birmingham City for the remainder of the season."

What meeting? Have I missed this info yet again?

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's a shame. I can only assume that he doesn't want to return to play League One football, hopefully he can continue to prove himself at Birmingham and earn a move away. 

Having played a huge 1 game for Arsenal in the league cup in 4 years there, 10 games for Birmingham as they fought relegation from the championship before being dropped,  half a season on loan At Walsall in league 1 where he played a mammoth zero games, a year at Charlton in League 1 and about 30 games for us, I can see why we would below his station in League 1.  It's a glittering CV.  Blokes practically Cruyff.  I'm only amazed we got him for 7.5 million with add ons and he agreed to a paltry 20 k a week plus over 5 years.  

If the best financial outcome is to sell him, then a couple of things to consider are:

If there's interest this January then he can't play for us then be sold and play for a 3rd team in 1 season, so surely it would be a last minute decision to recall him. 

Then you'd need to consider if it is better for potential transfer to be playing in the championship or league  1, especially if a future transfer is abroad. 

Also,  barring injuries,  who would you replace in the starting 11 of this tight knit group, where Knight is struggling to get game time? The obvious is Hourihane imo, but Warne obviously sees that differently as he's ahead of Knight at the minute. 

2 hours ago, Rich84 said:

If the best financial outcome is to sell him, then a couple of things to consider are:

If there's interest this January then he can't play for us then be sold and play for a 3rd team in 1 season, so surely it would be a last minute decision to recall him. 

Then you'd need to consider if it is better for potential transfer to be playing in the championship or league  1, especially if a future transfer is abroad. 

Also,  barring injuries,  who would you replace in the starting 11 of this tight knit group, where Knight is struggling to get game time? The obvious is Hourihane imo, but Warne obviously sees that differently as he's ahead of Knight at the minute. 

At this stage my preference would be to sell him, even if it was just enough to cover the last instalment to Arsenal and get his wages off the bill.

This may sound crazy but I wouldn’t bring him back into this squad now anyway, he’s made it quite clear he doesn’t want to be here so why jeopardise the squad unity by bringing him back. Now there’s no questioning his ability but if we brought him back we would have to completely change the team set up to accommodate him. A team that’s 16 invested with 5 clean sheets in a row would have to change to suit him, there’s no way he could slot in for either Bird or Hourihane he’s just not mobile enough to play in a 2.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

He’s made it quite clear he doesn’t want to be here

Where have you seen that?  Last interview I saw from him he was mentioning how difficult it had been to leave Derby (for Birmingham) and that Derby was in his heart.  

Edited by Blondest Goat

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

It's a shame. I can only assume that he doesn't want to return to play League One football, hopefully he can continue to prove himself at Birmingham and earn a move away. 

On what basis do you and others make this assumption? He has never been quoted saying anything like this, he said that he wanted to play above lg1 because his national coach stipulated it for going to the world cup, which is now over and he says that he's very happy at Blues, he's not going to say otherwise, is he? Look at Osula, despite not really getting enough game time at Derby, he's being nothing but complimentary about our club.

Now let's look at some facts, Blues must be paying a significant part of his wages and if he was to come back it would prevent us signing 2 or 3 players who are more urgently required in other positions on the park. If, come the end of the transfer window, PW hasn't been able to make the signings that he wants and we have enough money in the wages pot, I would imagine that we would recall him.

If enough people keep saying that he doesn't want to come back, what kind of reception will he get when he comes back? Straight away, he'll become another 'booboy', which will help destroy the harmony of the club.

If people are going to make damaging claims that players don't want to play for the club, at least back it up with some evidence.

2 hours ago, Blondest Goat said:

Where have you seen that?  Last interview I saw from him he was mentioning how difficult it had been to leave Derby (for Birmingham) and that Derby was in his heart.  

The fact that he’s playing for Birmingham and not Derby for a start. Yes I know the Poland manager stated he would need to be playing in the champ etc but the same rules didn’t apply for other polish players playing in league 1 did it? Poland don’t exactly have a dearth of talent, if he was playing well in a team doing well in league 1 he still would have gone to the World Cup. He chose to put his international aspirations above his commitment to his club side, that’s how it made it clear he doesn’t want to be here imo.

3 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

At this stage my preference would be to sell him, even if it was just enough to cover the last instalment to Arsenal and get his wages off the bill.

This may sound crazy but I wouldn’t bring him back into this squad now anyway, he’s made it quite clear he doesn’t want to be here so why jeopardise the squad unity by bringing him back. Now there’s no questioning his ability but if we brought him back we would have to completely change the team set up to accommodate him. A team that’s 16 invested with 5 clean sheets in a row would have to change to suit him, there’s no way he could slot in for either Bird or Hourihane he’s just not mobile enough to play in a 2.

if it is the original payment plan we owe and I was shor down on this board about a month ago we still owed them money after Exiting admin we still owe Arsenal over 6 million for bielik because we had deferred payments which not sure if they have been paid yet 

32 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

The fact that he’s playing for Birmingham and not Derby for a start. Yes I know the Poland manager stated he would need to be playing in the champ etc but the same rules didn’t apply for other polish players playing in league 1 did it? Poland don’t exactly have a dearth of talent, if he was playing well in a team doing well in league 1 he still would have gone to the World Cup. He chose to put his international aspirations above his commitment to his club side, that’s how it made it clear he doesn’t want to be here imo.

Are you suggesting therefore that any player sent out on loan doesn’t want to be at their parent club?

I still reckon it suited Derby to get him out on loan (and maybe into a shop window that may attract a higher fee if we sold him). Same with the idea of recalling him. Derby are probably hoping he will shine in the Championship and attract bids. I wouldn’t expect any player (apart from Chris Martin) to start making noises about wanting to end their loan (provided they are getting game time) and I’m sure Bielik would say he’s happy to return to Derby if/when he does (IMO).

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

if it is the original payment plan we owe and I was shor down on this board about a month ago we still owed them money after Exiting admin we still owe Arsenal over 6 million for bielik because we had deferred payments which not sure if they have been paid yet 

I believe Arsenal deferred one payment till January 2022.  It was about 1.5 mill.  That would have needed to be cleared as part of the EFL can you continue trading saga.  Hence the sale of Plange and Kellyman. 

49 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Perhaps you'd like to list those other players from lg1 who made the Polish world cup squad then.