Bielik at Brum

Ramrob

On 16/12/2022 at 23:57, Jubbs said:

The ability to hold together a midfield. Playing as a solo DM allows others, in Brum's case, Hannibal and Bacuna, freedom to go forward without having to worry too much about defending. He won 8/11 duels and made 6 tackles. 

Not just his defensive abilities, the way he finds gaps and finds players in attacking positions! Where ever bielik ends up i hope it works out for him he deserves to be playing in the prem. Really hope he stays but cant blame him if he moves on if it means we can hopefully make abit of money back on him! Just think most of tjem will be add ons just because of his injuries recently 

20 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Not just his defensive abilities, the way he finds gaps and finds players in attacking positions! Where ever bielik ends up i hope it works out for him he deserves to be playing in the prem. Really hope he stays but cant blame him if he moves on if it means we can hopefully make abit of money back on him! Just think most of tjem will be add ons just because of his injuries recently 

Low fee with a decent sell on clause will probably be the best option.

Say £1m + 30% sell on, and hope he stays fit.

4 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Low fee with a decent sell on clause will probably be the best option.

Say £1m + 30% sell on, and hope he stays fit.

Don’t we owe Arsenal 8 million still for him so that’s an 6 million loss on a polish international who a crazy ain’t it. Just shows injuries have ruined any attempt to make money on him 

6 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Don’t we owe Arsenal 8 million still for him so that’s an 6 million loss on a polish international who a crazy ain’t it. Just shows injuries have ruined any attempt to make money on him 

Why do people think that we still owe 8 million for Bielik? I would assume that we are paying the fee over the duration of his contract. He signed for us in 2019. I believe that his contract runs until summer 2024? So a 5 year contract of which there are one and a half remaining. So we paid 26.6 million for him! That's an even bigger bargain than Martin Waghorn! 

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Why do people think that we still owe 8 million for Bielik? I would assume that we are paying the fee over the duration of his contract. He signed for us in 2019. I believe that his contract runs until summer 2024? So a 5 year contract of which there are one and a half remaining. So we paid 26.6 million for him! That's an even bigger bargain than Martin Waghorn! 

Good point, if we owe them anything it surely isn’t the full fee, unless they deferred payments to help us out during admin. Also some of the alleged fee was potentially made up of add-ons for appearances/promotion etc.

I shared something in another thread earlier today, at the supporters group meeting in Sept David Clowes was quoted as saying the club is now debt free, so if that’s the case we must not owe anything for Bielik now? 

5 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Good point, if we owe them anything it surely isn’t the full fee, unless they deferred payments to help us out during admin. Also some of the alleged fee was potentially made up of add-ons for appearances/promotion etc.

I shared something in another thread earlier today, at the supporters group meeting in Sept David Clowes was quoted as saying the club is now debt free, so if that’s the case we must not owe anything for Bielik now? 

I would assume that debt free means that we aren't in arrears. I don't think that we will have paid his full fee (however much it is) yet.

29 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I would assume that debt free means that we aren't in arrears. I don't think that we will have paid his full fee (however much it is) yet.

Could it also be that the player value in the books is at a higher value than the amount we still need to pay to Arsenal?

IIRC, money owed to other clubs for fees etc was around £8m in total. We know that around £2.5m was owed for Joswiak, so the most that could have been owed for Bielek would have been between £5-6m, less any smaller sums if any still owing to other clubs for the likes of Byrne, Davies, Lawrence et al. It was also rumoured that the Administrators had paid Arsenal a further installment during administration, but I can't remember if the total of monies owed in the updated Statement of Affairs after the club was released from administration. 

15 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did Mel weight the transfer fee to be loaded towards the end of it?

Yes basically it was like 1 million upfront and then lost at the end of the deal. It was touted around all the time we owed Arsenal 8 for him still. That’s probably already been paid to exit admin through football debt but clowes can’t be happy to be 8 million down and sell him for a million 

29 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Yes basically it was like 1 million upfront and then lost at the end of the deal. It was touted around all the time we owed Arsenal 8 for him still. That’s probably already been paid to exit admin through football debt but clowes can’t be happy to be 8 million down and sell him for a million 

I'm sure he wasn't happy paying as much as he did for us fullstop. ? 

But at least we can get his wages off the books.