Chants

Lander

17 minutes ago, ossieram said:

I will join in with or start songs that I'm happy to sing and I won't sing songs I don't like. 

I will have a pop at people occasionally who start songs that I think are over the top or really offensive.

But what I won't do is sit tapping on a keyboard calling people "morons" or other names when I sit tutting in the stands and not have the nuts to say it to their face.

As I said on the other thread, we are no better or worse than anyone else, and if that offends some of our holier than thou fans,  tough.

I agree we’re no worse or better than other fans. I’ve said it several times on various topics. But, whilst it may be brave, I’m not sure it’s always wise to tackle people face to face. Besides, sitting half away along the East Stand, it’s not always easy for me to see who might have started the song/chant. ?

2 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Oh you pretty 
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
We love you.
And, our
Pretty Chitty Bang Bang
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing
loves us too.

D.C.F.C Life, Love & Unity.

Really trying my best to sing along to this but having difficulty making it scan.

Please could you send me the sheet music if I send a S.A.E. ? Otherwise I might just have to be carted off to an institution. It's driving me nuts!! ?X

4 minutes ago, Miggins said:

Really trying my best to sing along to this but having difficulty making it scan.

Please could you send me the sheet music if I send a S.A.E. ? Otherwise I might just have to be carted off to an institution. It's driving me nuts!! ?X

Just figured it out!!

My! How these Sunday afternoons just fly by!!

Just me and the cat at home today. Can you tell?

Poor cat. ?

28 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I’ve just popped the cart and horse in the post!

One for Birmingham supporters 

from Talk Talk

your so Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum Dum

your so DuM Dum dUm Dum Dum 

Brummies are so Dum dumDum Dum 

fancy signing having a party when Derby die…..at Burton, after we have been saved and made all of those signings 

dum, Dum Dum 

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

When we sing ‘we hate Forest we hate Forest’ is that the club or the fans? The strange thing is I’m friends with a lot of Forest fans and apart from there appalling taste of football club they are really nice people. Where do I sit with this?

The reality is, most of us probably don’t really hate either. Same as most football songs, it’s not really meant to be taken too seriously. 

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The reality is, most of us probably don’t really hate either. Same as most football songs, it’s not really meant to be taken too seriously. 

I know but when they talk or claim to be better than us even now it proper gets me riled.

22 hours ago, Lander said:

Prioritising chants about the misfortune of others, over ones that support to revival of the club just doesn’t sit right for me.

Chants at Bradford about Birmingham City’s struggles that we’ve literally just come out of , & Collimore. Boring.

Chants today about German Bombers, Collimore and turning what should’ve been a friendly atmosphere into all but that. Boring.

Just a mini rant I guess, but every single time these chants occur I can’t help but cringe inside. I get we want to create hostile environments but can we focus on doing that by supporting our own team with incredible volume before we sing these pointless songs that aren’t going to motivate anyone.

On a positive note, we’re looking good already.

The German Bomber chants were absolutely embarrassing. Probably sung by people trying to look cool for their social media. Collectively they will have the IQ of a fish finger.

I've sat all round Pride Park last season. Used it as a chance to explore different stands and the South Stand was by far and away the worst.

A lot of the people in there sit in their bedrooms at night making chants up.

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The German Bomber chants were absolutely embarrassing. Probably sung by people trying to look cool for their social media. Collectively they will have the IQ of a fish finger.

I've sat all round Pride Park last season. Used it as a chance to explore different stands and the South Stand was by far and away the worst.

I personally think this chant is pretty boring. However it’s going too far to ban it, call it embarrassing or discrimination. 
Often our society is vilified for our past (ofteb deserved), but this chant is about one thing we can all patriotically be proud of. It champions the battle of britain. If Germany had the same type of woke society we have they’d be singing it themselves. 

1 hour ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I take it that you won't be coming back to us in the south stand again?

And @Inverurie Ramcan make chants up wherever he wants,  it's got nowt to do with you. 

The German bomber song is pathetic. I'd personally never join in with it. It kills the atmosphere of getting behind your club and players in my opinion. Its not supportive of DCFC, its not funny and its a fecking miserable dirge.

The only thing you can do is not join in and moan about it to those around you and hope it dies down quickly.