Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

On 17/11/2022 at 11:05, Shuff264 said:

Trains should be fine?

Strikes are on Saturday,game is Sunday. Maybe an issue in the morning but afaik they would be ok?

I ain’t travelling there and back by train on a Sunday. If it isnt train strikes it will be engineering works. Any excuse not to run any trains on a weekend , or pretty much at all. 

Ok so I’m not sure if this has been noticed by anyone on any thread, so I’ll mention now and forgive if Rams are already aware. 
27 Dec we play at Bolton. Hoping a mate will sort my ticket and aiming for drinks in Mcr beforehand. So I asks work colleague are Man City or Utd at home on 27th? Erm yes he says we’re at home to Nottingham Florist (my adjustment) Ahhhh says I ?? what times KO? 2000 at Old Trafford….so the drinks pre Bolton could be rather interesting. Let the fun commence. 
200.gif

Tickets on sale for Newport to 5+ members at 10 o’clock tomorrow morning. 
Any tickets purchased after 1 pm will have to be collected from the ticket office.

We have an allocation of 1,008 tickets, currently there is only about 800 of these showing so presumably there is about another 200 to come if required.

Of the seats currently showing it’s unclear whether they are sold or not yet released.

what we do know is there are currently  274 uncovered seats and 22 covered seats for sale.

On 16/11/2022 at 20:30, Gritstone Ram said:

Yeah I think the train drivers who are on £50k + a year got a whiff that minimum wage might go up by 90p per hour and thought that’s not fair! we’re out again!

Actually its not the drivers who are striking - it is all the other rail workers, wo most certainly aren't on £50k! And although they haven't had a pay rise in 3 years, it is changes to their terms and conditions, which work out to a massive pay cut, that the strike action is about. Although if you want to get political, the strike has been foced by the government to bring in yet another whole raft of anti-trade union legislation. It is already easier to win a General election with a minority of the votes than it is to call industrial action.

18 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Actually its not the drivers who are striking - it is all the other rail workers, wo most certainly aren't on £50k! And although they haven't had a pay rise in 3 years, it is changes to their terms and conditions, which work out to a massive pay cut, that the strike action is about. Although if you want to get political, the strike has been foced by the government to bring in yet another whole raft of anti-trade union legislation. It is already easier to win a General election with a minority of the votes than it is to call industrial action.

When you combine the sick pay, H&S and pensions in the rail industry they are far better paid than the general public. 
Working from home since covid means the rail industry has to change but trade unions want to still live in the past.

46 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

23 minutes ago, cstand said:

When you combine the sick pay, H&S and pensions in the rail industry they are far better paid than the general public. 
Working from home since covid means the rail industry has to change but trade unions want to still live in the past.

Back on topic, if I buy tickets tomorrow before 1pm do you think the postal strike will affect delivery before the weekend? 

9 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Back on topic, if I buy tickets tomorrow before 1pm do you think the postal strike will affect delivery before the weekend? 

In theory no, that’s the reason for the cut off time. In practice, who knows, I ordered mine at 10 o’clock Thursday morning and it hasn’t arrived yet.

44 minutes ago, cstand said:

Sounds to me like their Union are doing a pretty good job standing up for their members, which is exactly what a Union should do - you know, sticking together for what you believe in through thick and thin...kind of thing I'd would have thought a football fan would grasp.

1 hour ago, shepshedram said:

Sounds to me like their Union are doing a pretty good job standing up for their members, which is exactly what a Union should do - you know, sticking together for what you believe in through thick and thin...kind of thing I'd would have thought a football fan would grasp.

I work in the rail industry and a trade union member, so I know how good the T&Cs are compared to the general public.

I would not rely on trains going to the Newport game on the Sunday as TOCs cannot guarantee where their rolling stock will be or if any staff are willing to cover staff shortages due to the rail dispute.

Edited by cstand