Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

2 hours ago, MadAmster said:

This whole away thing is a mess of the club's making. Who should get priority and how many should get priority?

Away members have paid £30 or whatever to "jump the queue". Them's the rules. 

Those who Q jumped most often, get a head start. How much of one depends on how many away games they have to their credit in the past year. Those with 20+, 15+, 10+, 5+, 5- then it's General Sale and a scramble that simple distance puts expats at a disadvantage. If I click on a seat at the same time someone in the Derby area does, they will get it.

Another group who should get some kind of advantage are STH's who, IMO, should get a chance before General Sale at least.

We expats, don't really get that much of a chance for away games. It's a proper snake pit and I don't see any way round it other than Away members and STH's first. Expats often come to see friends and family first and take in as many games as they can. Imagine living in Oz or NZ and you came home the first 2 weeks of November 2022. Loads of games but you would never have got a ticket. Should expats get a berth just before General Sale? As an expat I's obviously say "yes" but realise that fans in the UK would rather we didn't, for perfectly understandable reasons.

The club are damned if they do, damned if they don't, really. It is probably an impossibility to hope to satisfy Members, both home and away, STH's, general public and Expats, Whatever scheme the club comes up with, whichever group is bottom of the food chain won't be happy. 

Any road up. Put 5 of us on the returns list then 4 of us decided to do hospitality and asked to be taken off the list, the 5th got lucky by getting a returned ticket. All's well that ends well.... even if it does cost £72 a ticket. 

It's not a mess of the club's making- it's a mess because there are currently far more fans wanting tickets than there are tickets available. Nothing the club can do can change the basic arithmetic. Personally, I think we've got a reasonable system. I remain unconvinced that ST's should get priority away; they pay for their desired seat at home at a reduced rate, and that's the reward for loyalty. Using the amount of games attended away from home as a signifier is a fair way to analyse who deserves priority now. There is no other reasonable way. 

6 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's not a mess of the club's making- it's a mess because there are currently far more fans wanting tickets than there are tickets available. Nothing the club can do can change the basic arithmetic. Personally, I think we've got a reasonable system. I remain unconvinced that ST's should get priority away; they pay for their desired seat at home at a reduced rate, and that's the reward for loyalty. Using the amount of games attended away from home as a signifier is a fair way to analyse who deserves priority now. There is no other reasonable way. 

Yep , as a season ticket holder I don’t expect priority away ( would be nice though) we get and deserve in my view stuff like Wembley tickets if we get there ??‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I don’t think it did. He could have bought it from elsewhere.

If it did make general sale, they probably went in a few minutes, just like the Barnsley ones did.

It definitely did. His ticket wasn’t bought elsewhere. They did sell out pretty quickly on the day they went to general sale. Another of my friends missed out.

11 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

There's a separate thread dedicated to the Peterborough game. I think someone mentioned the international squads are announced week commencing 13th March.

I doubt it

As not many games left to fit another fixture in else were.

31 minutes ago, Will the Ram said:

It definitely did. His ticket wasn’t bought elsewhere. They did sell out pretty quickly on the day they went to general sale. Another of my friends missed out.

Your right, I remember now, they went straight away, as I was too slow to get anywhere near the internet to even try.

11 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

The only possible additional option, which would need some well defined rules applied, is to recognise where ST holders live, or even supporters with a minimum prescribed purchase history (we all have individual fan IDs) that shows they are genuine, that live within say 20 miles (this number is just for an example, could be 40, 30, 10 whatever) of where the away game is at, set some of the tickets aside, which they do every game as it is for club officials/players it seems and let them apply for them. 

I would hate to miss out on attending a game closest to where I live to watch my club if I made huge sacrifices to be able to get to as many home games as possible,  I don't think this would even be large numbers, a few dozen at most, but would recognise / reward those that live far away from PP but still go without any noticeable affect on the 'privileged' that generally live close to Derby and therefore have the easiest journeys to all away games and therefore is easier to get to them if they can get tickets.

To clarify, easiest to get to from Derby is based on a combination of things, road and rail network with being central and we are likely to be the center of the Football league ,(average distance to all other grds) as we were in the 80's when one of the Football magazines did an article on why 3rd division Derby were in top 10 of best supported clubs away from home, rubbing shoulders with the so called 'big boys', Liverpool, Manure etc .... if memory serves, I think we were 5th highest average in 85-86, the promotion year.

3 hours ago, Rich84 said:

The only possible additional option, which would need some well defined rules applied, is to recognise where ST holders live, or even supporters with a minimum prescribed purchase history (we all have individual fan IDs) that shows they are genuine, that live within say 20 miles (this number is just for an example, could be 40, 30, 10 whatever) of where the away game is at, set some of the tickets aside, which they do every game as it is for club officials/players it seems and let them apply for them. 

I would hate to miss out on attending a game closest to where I live to watch my club if I made huge sacrifices to be able to get to as many home games as possible,  I don't think this would even be large numbers, a few dozen at most, but would recognise / reward those that live far away from PP but still go without any noticeable affect on the 'privileged' that generally live close to Derby and therefore have the easiest journeys to all away games and therefore is easier to get to them if they can get tickets.

To clarify, easiest to get to from Derby is based on a combination of things, road and rail network with being central and we are likely to be the center of the Football league ,(average distance to all other grds) as we were in the 80's when one of the Football magazines did an article on why 3rd division Derby were in top 10 of best supported clubs away from home, rubbing shoulders with the so called 'big boys', Liverpool, Manure etc .... if memory serves, I think we were 5th highest average in 85-86, the promotion year.

Was thinking about this myself. (From a biased point of view as someone who lives in the North West).

It would be good to build more fan-led supporters clubs around the country that are officially recognised by the club. The supporters clubs can apply for a small amount of away tickets from DCFC, with priority given based on proximity of their SC to the away venue. 

Obviously from a “being able to go and watch the Rams” point of view this would be great, but also from a community point of view for those who live elsewhere but are sick of having to hang out with City fans all the f****** time.* ?

* Clarification - Not that I do. The bad muppets.

Edited by Vimto Enjoyer

15 hours ago, Archied said:

Yep , as a season ticket holder I don’t expect priority away ( would be nice though) we get and deserve in my view stuff like Wembley tickets if we get there ??‍♂️

Yeah Wembley tickets would be a different matter ? Season tickets holders should be granted priority then it should be dependent upon how many games you've attended ? 

12 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I don’t think it did. He could have bought it from elsewhere.

If it did make general sale, they probably went in a few minutes, just like the Barnsley ones did.

There's apparently just shy of 4K Away members. We had rather more Anfield tickets than that.

17 hours ago, rammieib said:

Sorry - Why is it the clubs mess?

Supply outstrips demand - so priority given to those who go more often. Thats exactly how it should be.

The only change for me might be Season Ticket Holders before general sale but beside that I think its completely fair.

The only other issue but I don't see how they could really have avoided it - they introduced it before this season started but without any notice so you didn't know that attending more games last year was going to help you this year. However again - they've had to assign priority somehow and this is fair.

Sorry but I don't see why an Ex-pat should get any level of favouritism. Nothing personal.

I did write "The club are damned if they do, damned if they don't, really. It is probably an impossibility to hope to satisfy Members, both home and away, STH's, general public and Expats, Whatever scheme the club comes up with, whichever group is bottom of the food chain won't be happy. "    That covered most of what you wrote....

4 hours ago, Rich84 said:

I like this as a plan for season ticket holders as recognises that we attend a full season of "away" games. You could just nominate one "home" away match when you buy your season ticket or something to stop it being overused

4 hours ago, Rich84 said:

This seems like a convoluted system, and even when you're describing it, I'm struggling to see its functionality or purpose. So, for some who live far away, they should get tickets reserved for them because it's harder for them to make home games? Currently, the club don't do any allocations predicated upon the number of home games attended, so am not sure why they should do this for where you live for away games? It would also only ever be a couple of games a season (Carlisle, Southampton, Exeter, Ipswich, Norwich, Portsmouth) etc., where it is genuinely far away so it would be a lot of effort for very little reward. 

If the club start granting exceptions like this, then why not set aside a proportion for low-income people who struggle to make many games? Why not for people who've been unlucky enough not to win the fastest finger first for the away seats? Geography is just one of the factors involved in the question of who should get a ticket. Personally, I prefer the lottery system for its fairness as it limits people's complaints about their 'right' to have a shot at a ticket. 

It sucks when you can't get a ticket for a game you'd like, a scenario that's happened to me a couple of times this season. But, they happen to be the breaks. I would love a Wembley ticket but am in little doubt I would struggle to get one. I don't have a ST and despite attending a dozen games so far this season I will likely be in the general sale category. If i get one then that's great, if I don't I'll find a nice pub and watch it on the tele ? 

Edited by Leeds Ram