Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

I looked into buying an away membership for my eldest lad and I, but quickly realised it would be probably a waste of money, based on the 5th option being a quick chase of 200 tickets or less at best. As the full cost of trips these days limits, myself to about 3 games a season.

Also factoring in all the other difficulties of having to pre plan games well in advance, to get all the other costs, at a reasonable price, to justify the trips, and if I take my boy, aiming for school holidays, so he doesn't miss school days for travelling or I have to take days off work etc and prices doubling up for the two of us etc.

I have turned up to places in the past, that I have missed the game because Sky Sports have moved the fixture, and I have refused to pay the extra costs for additional hotel costs, flight costs and more days off work etc.

I fancied going to Accrington with my boy, October school holidays, perfect. But I think I would struggle for tickets, so even though I spent this afternoon looking at all travel options, the cost of flights, accomodation, train and bus tickets to just get us there, it would cost me around the £500 mark, and that's before the worry of trying to get match tickets nearer the game, and before we add food and drink into the mix.

My lad already understands the better feeling of watching a football team, away from home, and being in the away end and being a part of that atmosphere. Some folk could point to signing up with the home club, and trying to get in that way, but when you have spent a great deal of money already, just to watch one live game of football, you would like to watch it, with your fellow supporters, and not in the end, you shouldn't really be in.

Unfortunately this season, especially when my boy wants to attend, then it sways my decision to try and pick games at Pride Park, which at the moment, looks like Bristol Rovers for starters, which works out at about £300, before food and drink.

And maybe we will go to Sheff Wed away, last game of the season, if we get a massive allocation there, and one other game inbetween.

At the end of the day, it's great that we are selling out away from home, and the longer that lasts, it's better for the team, and  if our fans carry on to support, and represent Derby County Football Club with all the respect and dignity, our new owner and club deserve, then I'm happy with that.

1.  First 48 Hours - Members who attended 20+ Away League Matches the previous season

2. Second 48 Hours - Members who attended 15+ Away League Matches the previous season

3. Third 48 Hours - Members who attended 10+ Away League Matches the previous season

4. Fourth 48 Hours - Members who attended 5+ Away League Matches the previous season

5. Fifth 48 Hours - All Members

6. General Sale

D.C.F.C. Life, Love & Unity

Edited by Inverurie Ram

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

I looked into buying an away membership for my eldest lad and I, but quickly realised it would be probably a waste of money, based on the 5th option being a quick chase of 200 tickets or less at best. As the full cost of trips these days limits, myself to about 3 games a season.

Also factoring in all the other difficulties of having to pre plan games well in advance, to get all the other costs, at a reasonable price, to justify the trips, and if I take my boy, aiming for school holidays, so he doesn't miss school days for travelling or I have to take days off work etc and prices doubling up for the two of us etc.

I have turned up to places in the past, that I have missed the game because Sky Sports have moved the fixture, and I have refused to pay the extra costs for additional hotel costs, flight costs and more days off work etc.

I fancied going to Accrington with my boy, October school holidays, perfect. But I think I would struggle for tickets, so even though I spent this afternoon looking at all travel options, the cost of flights, accomodation, train and bus tickets to just get us there, it would cost me around the £500 mark, and that's before the worry of trying to get match tickets nearer the game, and before we add food and drink into the mix.

My lad already understands the better feeling of watching a football team, away from home, and being in the away end and being a part of that atmosphere. Some folk could point to signing up with the home club, and trying to get in that way, but when you have spent a great deal of money already, just to watch one live game of football, you would like to watch it, with your fellow supporters, and not in the end, you shouldn't really be in.

Unfortunately this season, especially when my boy wants to attend, then it sways my decision to try and pick games at Pride Park, which at the moment, looks like Bristol Rovers for starters, which works out at about £300, before food and drink.

And maybe we will go to Sheff Wed away, last game of the season, if we get a massive allocation there, and one other game inbetween.

At the end of the day, it's great that we are selling out away from home, and the longer that lasts, it's better for the team, and  if our fans carry on to support, and represent Derby County Football Club with all the respect and dignity, our new owner and club deserve, then I'm happy with that.

1.  First 48 Hours - Members who attended 20+ Away League Matches the previous season

2. Second 48 Hours - Members who attended 15+ Away League Matches the previous season

3. Third 48 Hours - Members who attended 10+ Away League Matches the previous season

4. Fourth 48 Hours - Members who attended 5+ Away League Matches the previous season

6. General Sale

Sorry you won't be experiencing away games this season, but choosing a few home fixtures instead is actually better for the club financially, the fantastic atmosphere recently makes it almost feel like an awayday, and you know you can make your arrangements with confidence that the game will go ahead. Win-win! 

I think you're right to consider Sheffield Wednesday away - that will surely make general sale.

11 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry you won't be experiencing away games this season, but choosing a few home fixtures instead is actually better for the club financially, the fantastic atmosphere recently makes it almost feel like an awayday, and you know you can make your arrangements with confidence that the game will go ahead. Win-win! 

I think you're right to consider Sheffield Wednesday away - that will surely make general sale.

MK Dons will as well. Remember Sheff Weds took 7k there last year. 

There will be plenty of opportunity for fans to get to away games, it's maybe a case of how much do you actually want to get to games, or would you prefer to miss out and moan about the scheme?

I'm in the away members with 0 games (actually 4 games) bracket but I still see plenty of opportunity for tickets. Our aim is to get to at least 5 games and move up the priority order for next season.

I would say the below chances applies to general sale as well as bottom rung away members.

Charlton - got tickets

Mansfield - didn't get tickets

Shrewsbury - didn't get tickets

Fleetwood - didn't get tickets

Morecombe - little chance

Lincoln - no chance

Cambridge - little chance

Accrington - little chance

Mansfield - possibly, novelty factor gone

Ipswich - good chance due to distance

MK Dons - 100% anyone wanting a ticket will get one

Portsmouth - good chance due to distance

Burton - no chance

Bolton - good chance, good allocation and xmas

Port Vale - good chance on allocation 

Cheltenham - little chance

Plymouth - good chance due to distance

Wycombe - possibly

Barnsley - good chance on allocation 

Oxford - possibly

Peterborough - good chance on allocation 

Forest Green - little chance

Bristol Rovers - little chance 

Exeter - maybe, distance and night game but no chance if promotion is possible

Sheff Wed - good chance on allocation

I had decided to keep out of the debate about the present allocation of away tickets until last night when at Shrewsbury, a fan, who recognised my mate from way back, approached us and told us about his current situation, following Derby County. He told us that he left Derby when he married to live some distance away from Derby. He has no interest in attending home games but still loves going to away matches. He has two sons, who looked to be about nine and 11, who now attend games with him.

At this point, I have to say that previously when there has been a big demand for away tickets, I believe away members who were season ticket holders with away memberships were given priority over those who held away memberships but not a season ticket. From what the guy told us that no longer seems to be the case; if he is right then the season ticket is no longer a factor in away ticket allocation.

He said that last season he and his sons attended six away games but no home games. They have bought away memberships now, which currently puts them in the fourth caste in the away loyalty pecking order. They were at Shrewsbury last night and he told us that they are three of the members of the 5+ category who have obtained tickets for Fleetwood.

Before I tell you my own loyalty record, let me stress that I am not complaining but merely expressing disappointment  at the flaws in current allocation. DCFC encouraged more people to purchase away membership, which for the first time means that some away members will be excluded from some away games. A policy had to be drawn up quickly, following David Clowe's much thanked for rescue of our club. Any policy decided upon was likely to be flawed in some way because you simply cannot please all of the people all of the time. For that reason, I have no complaint.

Forever Ram recognised last week in a post that there are several supporters in my age group who have previously long away travelling records but who last season did not travel away because of Covid. I and two of my travelling mates are amongst them. For every season for about the last 55 years, we would have been in the first caste for away tickets. Also, having started at home games in 1961, I have been a season ticket holder in every season since 1967 and I saw every home game last season because I considered my home environment in the East Stand safe enough. Having become more confident of the protection which the vaccine programme has afforded us, the three of us have resumed going away and we were at Charlton, Mansfield and Shrewsbury. Because, we are currently relegated  to caste five, we missed the opportunity for Fleetwood - the first game in 61 years where I have failed to obtain a ticket to watch the Rams anywhere when I have wanted one. That feels tough but I, like everyone else, have suffered bigger blows in life and I can take it on the chin. I also attended all of the European away games in the 1970s - the demand for tickets for the likes of Zeljeznicar Sarajevo, Spartak Trnava, Velez Mostar and Finn Harps was not so huge as Fleetwood and neither was it for the more glamorous games, such as Benfica, Juventus, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. So what does Fleetwood matter.

Just a final word on the season ticketless man and his two sons who beat us for Fleetwood tickets. During the empty stadium period and last season, I watched every away game, with the exception of the Carabao Cup at Bramall Lane, from the comfort of my armchair; on Sky or Rams TV and for the FA Cup tie at Chorley, I opened a subscription to BT Sport. I paid DCFC £10 per game and all of my subscription money went into the diminished coffers of DCFC, whereas they receive nothing from the sale of away tickets which goes in whole to the home club, except for cup games. My Rams TV subscriptions and season ticket purchase last season  exceeded by far the contribution of the father and sons. Derby County received no revenue at all from them and I attended four times as many overall games in the flesh as they did.

I hope that in the next few weeks, the club reaches a stage where it finds itself able to scrap last season's attendance priority and judge us all on this season's attendance. By then, people like me will have climbed back to caste 2 and by the season's end may even get back to the highest priority. Then the stain and shame of our fall from grace due to the pandemic will have been removed.

COYR

5 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

There will be plenty of opportunity for fans to get to away games, it's maybe a case of how much do you actually want to get to games, or would you prefer to miss out and moan about the scheme?

I'm in the away members with 0 games (actually 4 games) bracket but I still see plenty of opportunity for tickets. Our aim is to get to at least 5 games and move up the priority order for next season.

I would say the below chances applies to general sale as well as bottom rung away members.

Charlton - got tickets

Mansfield - didn't get tickets

Shrewsbury - didn't get tickets

Fleetwood - didn't get tickets

Morecombe - little chance

Lincoln - no chance

Cambridge - little chance

Accrington - little chance

Mansfield - possibly, novelty factor gone

Ipswich - good chance due to distance

MK Dons - 100% anyone wanting a ticket will get one

Portsmouth - good chance due to distance

Burton - no chance

Bolton - good chance, good allocation and xmas

Port Vale - good chance on allocation 

Cheltenham - little chance

Plymouth - good chance due to distance

Wycombe - possibly

Barnsley - good chance on allocation 

Oxford - possibly

Peterborough - good chance on allocation 

Forest Green - little chance

Bristol Rovers - little chance 

Exeter - maybe, distance and night game but no chance if promotion is possible

Sheff Wed - good chance on allocation

Agree with  most of that, I'm in the same situation but just wondering if I have missed something with the Lincoln game as I've got it down as a possible due to the allocation of around the 2000 mark and the fact it's a Tuesday night game. 

26 minutes ago, leroyoftherovers said:

Agree with  most of that, I'm in the same situation but just wondering if I have missed something with the Lincoln game as I've got it down as a possible due to the allocation of around the 2000 mark and the fact it's a Tuesday night game. 

I thought it was a 1000 from footballgroundguide but other sources showing 2000 so not sure on that one now 

2 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I had decided to keep out of the debate about the present allocation of away tickets until last night when at Shrewsbury, a fan, who recognised my mate from way back, approached us and told us about his current situation, following Derby County. He told us that he left Derby when he married to live some distance away from Derby. He has no interest in attending home games but still loves going to away matches. He has two sons, who looked to be about nine and 11, who now attend games with him.

At this point, I have to say that previously when there has been a big demand for away tickets, I believe away members who were season ticket holders with away memberships were given priority over those who held away memberships but not a season ticket. From what the guy told us that no longer seems to be the case; if he is right then the season ticket is no longer a factor in away ticket allocation.

He said that last season he and his sons attended six away games but no home games. They have bought away memberships now, which currently puts them in the fourth caste in the away loyalty pecking order. They were at Shrewsbury last night and he told us that they are three of the members of the 5+ category who have obtained tickets for Fleetwood.

Before I tell you my own loyalty record, let me stress that I am not complaining but merely expressing disappointment  at the flaws in current allocation. DCFC encouraged more people to purchase away membership, which for the first time means that some away members will be excluded from some away games. A policy had to be drawn up quickly, following David Clowe's much thanked for rescue of our club. Any policy decided upon was likely to be flawed in some way because you simply cannot please all of the people all of the time. For that reason, I have no complaint.

Forever Ram recognised last week in a post that there are several supporters in my age group who have previously long away travelling records but who last season did not travel away because of Covid. I and two of my travelling mates are amongst them. For every season for about the last 55 years, we would have been in the first caste for away tickets. Also, having started at home games in 1961, I have been a season ticket holder in every season since 1967 and I saw every home game last season because I considered my home environment in the East Stand safe enough. Having become more confident of the protection which the vaccine programme has afforded us, the three of us have resumed going away and we were at Charlton, Mansfield and Shrewsbury. Because, we are currently relegated  to caste five, we missed the opportunity for Fleetwood - the first game in 61 years where I have failed to obtain a ticket to watch the Rams anywhere when I have wanted one. That feels tough but I, like everyone else, have suffered bigger blows in life and I can take it on the chin. I also attended all of the European away games in the 1970s - the demand for tickets for the likes of Zeljeznicar Sarajevo, Spartak Trnava, Velez Mostar and Finn Harps was not so huge as Fleetwood and neither was it for the more glamorous games, such as Benfica, Juventus, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid. So what does Fleetwood matter.

Just a final word on the season ticketless man and his two sons who beat us for Fleetwood tickets. During the empty stadium period and last season, I watched every away game, with the exception of the Carabao Cup at Bramall Lane, from the comfort of my armchair; on Sky or Rams TV and for the FA Cup tie at Chorley, I opened a subscription to BT Sport. I paid DCFC £10 per game and all of my subscription money went into the diminished coffers of DCFC, whereas they receive nothing from the sale of away tickets which goes in whole to the home club, except for cup games. My Rams TV subscriptions and season ticket purchase last season  exceeded by far the contribution of the father and sons. Derby County received no revenue at all from them and I attended four times as many overall games in the flesh as they did.

I hope that in the next few weeks, the club reaches a stage where it finds itself able to scrap last season's attendance priority and judge us all on this season's attendance. By then, people like me will have climbed back to caste 2 and by the season's end may even get back to the highest priority. Then the stain and shame of our fall from grace due to the pandemic will have been removed.

COYR

Like you say, no method will please everyone. For example, you understandably draw attention to the fact that you have been supporting the Rams since the 60’s. If priority was given to such long time supporters then some of our younger fans might claim the injustice given they weren’t even born then and so had no opportunity to buy tickets. 

Although by no means a beneficiary, I think the current system is probably about as fair as they can make it without over complicating things. I somehow doubt they’ll change it later in the season and it’s anyone’s guess what will happen next season. If it were possible, probably the only changes I’d make would be to take into account previous current seasons (again, no benefit to me) and maybe some recognition for season ticket holders.

On 16/08/2022 at 08:47, angieram said:

Unfortunately it’s the last game of the season I think so it’s a fantastic fixture or an utter dead rubber which Sheffield wendies are charging £39 to watch 

I have previously had away membership but my days of going to every away game are behind me so I would have been going to about 5 with the away membership if I had purchased it this season but I didn’t because not being able to sit/be together with my mates ( they have different amount of attendances last season) affects the day out and I would have been very limited in which ones I could go to. I know there has to be a system but it certainly works against me this season it seems which is a real shame and probably into next season.

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

I have to say as a supporter of over 50 years and ST holder for most of those, the opportunity to see a few away games would seem not unreasonable....and I dont mean Sheff W for about the 20th time......perhaps 2/3 games option to grounds I've never been to.

Yes it’s looking like port vale and Barnsley again to try and attend out of the ones with a large away area that don’t involve a weekend away.

24 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Like you say, no method will please everyone. For example, you understandably draw attention to the fact that you have been supporting the Rams since the 60’s. If priority was given to such long time supporters then some of our younger fans might claim the injustice given they weren’t even born then and so had no opportunity to buy tickets. 

Although by no means a beneficiary, I think the current system is probably about as fair as they can make it without over complicating things. I somehow doubt they’ll change it later in the season and it’s anyone’s guess what will happen next season. If it were possible, probably the only changes I’d make would be to take into account previous current seasons (again, no benefit to me) and maybe some recognition for season ticket holders.

No way would I expect them to consider my record going back to the 1960s and anyway I believe most of that information will have been deleted. But I think the club still holds information going back more than 10 years because I benefit from the additional discount to my season ticket price that is levied for 10 years plus uninterrupted purchases. Until this season, in our personal profiles we could all view in our DCFC account our purchasing history, home and away, going back at least 10 years. Now, the viewable history is limited at the moment just to the current season. I think that may just be due to the changeover to to the new ticketing system, which seems a bit unstable at times when making purchases online.

I do not think that it is unreasonable to consider loyalty over the past 10 years. I think with that, my average would still have left me in the top priority and at worse towards the top of 15+, rather than being in the fifth priority where I am now.

I have now passed my comments to the DCFC Supporters' Liaison Officer for consideration going forward. Certainly, at a minimum I think that being a STH should receive some sort of recognition in away allocations. It has alway been so before and I think may just have been an oversight in introducing the new structure.

One answer to the problem is to get back to the championship. then it's only really Luton that becomes a scramble. if i were the ticket office i would then gauge the top priority bracket against Luton's allocation. i.e if its 1000 then work out how many games the 1000th person has gone to and set it just above that. I would also add in STHs for priority. It would also be good to know the plan for 23/24 priority before the end of this season, that way you know if your on 14 or 4 games and you want a certain level you can get the extra game in.

I think category's like this could work in the championship.

Away Members 15+ games (scenario 950 members)            

Away members 5+ games 

Away Members

Season Ticket Holders

General Sale

On 15/08/2022 at 23:52, Inverurie Ram said:

6. General Sale

I dont know if this helps any but you could try a branch that are looking for members mate like alfton branch coaches fair gone up but only slightly but she might running out on memberships as is a limit on it.

3 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

One answer to the problem is to get back to the championship. then it's only really Luton that becomes a scramble. if i were the ticket office i would then gauge the top priority bracket against Luton's allocation. i.e if its 1000 then work out how many games the 1000th person has gone to and set it just above that. I would also add in STHs for priority. It would also be good to know the plan for 23/24 priority before the end of this season, that way you know if your on 14 or 4 games and you want a certain level you can get the extra game in.

I think category's like this could work in the championship.

Away Members 15+ games (scenario 950 members)            

Away members 5+ games 

Away Members

Season Ticket Holders

General Sale

As for season ticket holders probity I think keep away memberships thing look I feel bad for some but people who go most away games should get priority do I think cup games should count yes I do as they are part of the season.