Liam Rosenior

I think the problem is, the style of play isn't working. Teams are just allowing us to fanny around with it at the back and midfield.

If LR changes the whole style of play he's admitting his way of playing was wrong. No manager will do that so they keep playing the same way until one of 2 things happen. We get a few lucky wins and he keeps his job going or we keep losing and he gets sacked.

Imo we are going one way. This squad should be easily top 3-4 yet we've scored less goals than Burton.

He talks the talk but for me he can't walk the walk.

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

i will count my blessings till the day i die that we still have our great football club , the reaction of some fans after last nights game is frankly disgusting , the scapegoating of the manager and a fair few of the players is appalling , 8 games thats all weve had and already the knives are out , a lot odf Rams fans out there dont deserve a club

I'm just shooting over to the Freedom of Speech thread ?

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Aren’t we prepared to give Rosenior a full season?  Many posters use Sir Brian as a reference but what about Arthur Cox?  After 8 league games his record was exactly the same as today and we finished 7th (no play offs for the younger reader ?) and 17 points off a promotion spot.  I use that as we were in a similar position of just being saved and building a new team.  Not saying we’ll replicate what happened with Arthur but sometimes you need to play the long game.  Arthur also had the advantage of a certain Bobby Davison already being here.

i remember a lot of Rams fans wanted Jim Smith sacked early in his reign , look how that turned out

2 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Aren’t we prepared to give Rosenior a full season?  Many posters use Sir Brian as a reference but what about Arthur Cox?  After 8 league games his record was exactly the same as today and we finished 7th (no play offs for the younger reader ?) and 17 points off a promotion spot.  I use that as we were in a similar position of just being saved and building a new team.  Not saying we’ll replicate what happened with Arthur but sometimes you need to play the long game.  Arthur also had the advantage of a certain Bobby Davison already being here.

Not for me with the way he has us playing currently. This is League 1 not the Prem, his book-learning is overwhelming the simplicity of the game.

Whilst it might have been a small pot to choose from Rosenior chose these players and chose a small squad. If he'd just turned up then maybe but he hasn't and I was depressed to see the re-emergence of 'the written note' being handed out to a sub. 

48 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's a difference between firing managers on a 'Mel whim' and doing it because it doesn't seem to be the right choice.

And to be fair,he's not "hired" as manager in the first place...he is interim and won't be sacked as such,just go back into supporting a officially appointed manager.

Basically as per wassells temporary appointment when he then returned to the academy (after a much more successful effort in managing the team)

14 hours ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

In all fairness Buxton has been doing our set pieces and we dont look like scoring off them every ball is just floated ball we have good players with good deliveries we need to use these and get more goals from set plays 

There was one cracking free kick last night that the defender did very well to head away from goal from just about under the crossbar. 

The direct shot from Hourihane was very disappointing. 

38 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

i will count my blessings till the day i die that we still have our great football club , the reaction of some fans after last nights game is frankly disgusting , the scapegoating of the manager and a fair few of the players is appalling , 8 games thats all weve had and already the knives are out , a lot odf Rams fans out there dont deserve a club

How long do you give Liam then? 2/3/4 years? 

And I’m sorry, but I don’t want mediocrity for the next 2/3/4 years. 

Clowes will not want that either. What do you think he’s thinking now when he’s sat watching the game? “Oh at least we’ve got a club”. No, he will be thinking, this club needs to be back in the Championship asap. No time for being sentimental in business and especially not in football. 

But you keep counting your blessings and enjoy winning 3 out of the next 36 away games. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Clowes will not want that either. What do you think he’s thinking now when he’s sat watching the game? “Oh at least we’ve got a club”. No, he will be thinking, this club needs to be back in the Championship asap. No time for being sentimental in business and especially not in football. 

But you keep counting your blessings and enjoy winning 3 out of the next 36 away games. 

100% agreed. I never call for a managers head, but we need to get out of this league asap, Clowes will not want 2 seasons ( at least ) in This Div. 

1 minute ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Clowes is a fan , who maybe can see the bigger picture , i cant imagine hes wetting the bed after 8 games , as for Liam , for the tools that hes got , the fact that hes got his hands tied with the players he can bring in and the fact he had a short time to get a squad together and a shortened pre season im prepared to give him a lot longer than 8 games

And yes i will keep counting my blessings and  attending matches both home and away to support my team , this season was never going to be easy but the self entitlement of some fans is truly laughable

4 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Clowes is a fan , who maybe can see the bigger picture , i cant imagine hes wetting the bed after 8 games , as for Liam , for the tools that hes got , the fact that hes got his hands tied with the players he can bring in and the fact he had a short time to get a squad together and a shortened pre season im prepared to give him a lot longer than 8 games

And yes i will keep counting my blessings and  attending matches both home and away to support my team , this season was never going to be easy but the self entitlement of some fans is truly laughable

Blimey that’s condescending 

3 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

It’s not self entitlement and it’s not 8 games. 

We are only 2 pts away from a play-off place. Liam should get at least till Xmas to get us in the top 6. We have always said that Bird, Knight , Cashin and Sibley are worth 5,6,7 £Million each .Perhaps they are not.  I saw some good players in the Lincoln team last night and they worked a lot harder.

10 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Whats the bigger picture then?. Clowes WILL be wetting himself with every point we get further away from the top 2, he's invested 10's of millions of pounds.

It's easy to sit there and say give it time, it's not your money is it!!. That squad should be smashing most teams in this league.

LR has been here for longer than 8 games, if he had no input to tactics with Rooney then our form would have changed dramatically once he took sole charge......it hasn't, less goals than Burton and over 3hrs of football away from home without a goal or a point.

5 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Whats the bigger picture then?. Clowes WILL be wetting himself with every point we get further away from the top 2, he's invested 10's of millions of pounds.

It's easy to sit there and say give it time, it's not your money is it!!. That squad should be smashing most teams in this league.

LR has been here for longer than 8 games, if he had no input to tactics with Rooney then our form would have changed dramatically once he took sole charge......it hasn't, less goals than Burton and over 3hrs of football away from home without a goal or a point.

its also easy to sit there and call for the managers head , ive not seen one name put forward of a manager who is going to get this squad to smash most teams in this league in your words