Championship | 22/23 Season

Day

Chris Wilder quote

"These are two players who really shouldn't be anywhere near this league. The two players at the top of the pitch, Sarr and Joao Pedro, you can see why they are going for 25, 30, 35 million and why they should be playing in the Premier League"

Boro Chairman has approached the EFL with his concerns that Premier League players shouldn't be playing in the EFL and is consulting his lawyers.

14 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Firstly,it's always  funny to see Boro lose.

Secondly, are Boro really such a dull nothing of a club that the best symbol their social media team can think to use to represent them is a red circle?

Thirdly, I know Watford are occasionally called The Hornets, but the emoji's clearly a bee, not a wasp, so when they say #UTB it looks more like they're saying "Up The Bees" than "Up The Boro" and as such it seems to be celebrating their own team slipping to a late defeat!

3 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Chris Wilder quote

"These are two players who really shouldn't be anywhere near this league. The two players at the top of the pitch, Sarr and Joao Pedro, you can see why they are going for 25, 30, 35 million and why they should be playing in the Premier League"

Boro Chairman has approached the EFL with his concerns that Premier League players shouldn't be playing in the EFL and is consulting his lawyers.

He’s getting in lots of excuses for his team not being good enough so far 

5 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Chris Wilder quote

Don't Boro rate Isiah Jones higher than Spence, who they sold to Spurs for £20M recently?

Shouldn't therefore Jones be playing in the PL? It's only fair...

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Don't Boro rate Isiah Jones higher than Spence, who they sold to Spurs for £20M recently?

Shouldn't therefore Jones be playing in the PL? It's only fair...

Gonna be honest with you Crewton, I know little to nowt about both of those players, I know Migglesboro is near Hartlepool who are known as the Monkey Hangers if that's any good ?

is it just me that really doesnt rate wilder? 

he rode the momentum at sheff utd with some good players and with a good spirit. once the momentum went he couldnt address the slump and has started the same at boro.

feels like he only has a very confrontational way of managing and it doesnt work with 90% of footballers.

11 hours ago, alram said:

he rode the momentum at sheff utd with some good players and with a good spirit. once the momentum went he couldnt address the slump and has started the same at boro.

feels like he only has a very confrontational way of managing and it doesnt work with 90% of footballers.

No he has gone down in my estimations. He's a manager who just moans when things aren't going his way.

19 hours ago, alram said:

He is in danger of following in the footsteps of Paul Lambert.

Another manager who achieved promotion from League One to the PL, and keeping that team up.

Before failing elsewhere.

On 01/09/2022 at 20:17, alram said:

I certainly hope he continues to struggle at boro, but his managerial record prior to the Premier League relegation was exemplary, not just with Sheff United, but Oxford and Halifax too.

I think you might be right about his managerial style not being suited to certain footballers. That confrontational mindset can work very well in the lower leagues, but once you try it on the big time charlies in the higher leagues, they're on the phone to their agent arranging a move.

• 2 weeks later...