New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

1 hour ago, ben_dcfc said:

Barkhuizen missed a lot of last season through injury for one.

Barkhuizen did suffer allot of niggling injuries last season, but Preston were generally plagued with them Ryan Lowe talked in the press about "needing to get to the bottom of why they were happening". In the previous two seasons, he'd missed only 3 games, so his record to that point seems pretty good. 

I’ve seen Zander Clark, the former st Johnstone gk, is available on a free. Being a sporadic viewer of Scottish football I thought he was quite highly rated in SPL. 

I’m sure Ben Foster hasn’t found a new club yet. I don’t think he’d be a bad signing for league 1 and could fit in the clubs wage structure. Surely Derby could be an attractive team for him if he his unable to get a team in the premier league, which he was originally looking for.

3 minutes ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

I’ve seen Zander Clark, the former st Johnstone gk, is available on a free. Being a sporadic viewer of Scottish football I thought he was quite highly rated in SPL. 

I’m sure Ben Foster hasn’t found a new club yet. I don’t think he’d be a bad signing for league 1 and could fit in the clubs wage structure. Surely Derby could be an attractive team for him if he his unable to get a team in the premier league, which he was originally looking for.

Last link I saw for Foster was Leeds. Would fit the fact he really wants to stay in the prem even if he's second choice, he's also talked about working with a younger keeper 

2 hours ago, Chesterfield_Ram said:

Zander is a yes from me would be our number one for sure 

We don’t really know what is happening behind the scenes , has Beilik got to prove his fitness before he goes out on loan ?He would have to pass a medical. Getting his wages off the bill would allow us to bring in a couple of strikers in on loan . Or is Liam looking for a long throw player, that could be why we have reduced the width of the pitch.

33 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if a right back wont/cant be signed until the Byrne issue is resolved

I've had a crazy thought about a potential for the right back position and it's probably not one of my better ideas. But what about Liam Thompson for the full back slot? He's tenacious, gets a tackle in, can move with the ball and can pass. Bombing forward and crossing isn't his usual role, but I think he may have the attributes to potentially fill that role? 

Thoughts? 

Just now, Big Bad Bob said:

I've had a crazy thought about a potential for the right back position and it's probably not one of my better ideas. But what about Liam Thompson for the full back slot? He's tenacious, gets a tackle in, can move with the ball and can pass. Bombing forward and crossing isn't his usual role, but I think he may have the attributes to potentially fill that role? 

Thoughts? 

Knight is the best option with Oduroh as back up. 

30 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I wonder if a right back wont/cant be signed until the Byrne issue is resolved

Are we at the point where offer to meuturally agree to end his contract. To allow him to find a new club and for us to move on without him freeing up his wage.

15 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

With McGoldrick in the team I would go Smith RB as he has experience there and Hourihane can play next to Bird.

Otherwise id go Knight RB, Smith CDM and Hourihane CAM

23 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Knight is the best option with Oduroh as back up. 

25 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

Thoughts? 

Hopefully this is stop gap and we actually get a natural right back to fill this role.