New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

39 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Has Rosenior been appointed yet? Got to hit ground running and try to convince some of this lot today.

Unless we want to completely write off this season or we think it’s already dead, we have to appoint him and quick smart.

Difficult to appoint him until Clowes takes over as owner.  He ultimately makes the call.  The joint admins are not there for the long term, so cannot reasonably make a decision like that for more than "until the new owner is in place".

I think he'll be appointed day one moment one after takeover.

Liam could do worse than appoint his dad as assistant. 

Experienced, been around the lower levels in one capacity or another for a while, and no need to build a personal relationship while attempting to build a team.

2 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

Difficult to appoint him until Clowes takes over as owner.  He ultimately makes the call.  The joint admins are not there for the long term, so cannot reasonably make a decision like that for more than "until the new owner is in place".

I think he'll be appointed day one moment one after takeover.

Best we can hope is they are having the conversations now ahead of deal going through ?

I really fear we’ll get someone new in and in the clamour to get a squad together will just go about it completely scattergun and set ourselves back even more.

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why is Cooper being mentioned? Why on earth would he drop 2 divisions whilst in the process of negotiating a lucrative long term contract with Florist ?

Makes complete sense.

It's called big team pull.

And in his case, there's a lot of pushing power as well. 

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

A shout for Liam assistant. Paul Trollope. Manager and Assistant Manager experience, knows the lower leagues, knows Derby being an ex-player and would’ve been assistant at Brighton when Liam was coach, out of work since sacked from Forest.

Interesting one, tell me more....

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

A shout for Liam assistant. Paul Trollope. Manager and Assistant Manager experience, knows the lower leagues, knows Derby being an ex-player and would’ve been assistant at Brighton when Liam was coach, out of work since sacked from Forest.

Nice ?

I'm shocked my suggestion of Darren Ferguson has been largely dismissed! The man has a truly fantastic CV in the lower leagues especially League One.Four promotions with the Posh and one with Donny.Apart from a dodgy few months at PNE his record is absolutely brilliant.People pointing out he struggled in the championship..but they were the worst supported team and alongside having to sell their best players for big fees.One season they were relegated with a massive 54 points the highest points total ever for a team relegated.Another season Peterborough were the highest scorers in all 4 divisions 106 goals! Compare that with our abysmal totals the last few seasons.And if we did get promotion back into the championship we'd be one of the best supported clubs not the worst.If we are looking for a manager with an exceptional record whilst on a very tight budget in League one young Fergie is our man.

1 hour ago, Patrick Rams said:

I'm shocked my suggestion of Darren Ferguson has been largely dismissed! The man has a truly fantastic CV in the lower leagues especially League One.Four promotions with the Posh and one with Donny.Apart from a dodgy few months at PNE his record is absolutely brilliant.People pointing out he struggled in the championship..but they were the worst supported team and alongside having to sell their best players for big fees.One season they were relegated with a massive 54 points the highest points total ever for a team relegated.Another season Peterborough were the highest scorers in all 4 divisions 106 goals! Compare that with our abysmal totals the last few seasons.And if we did get promotion back into the championship we'd be one of the best supported clubs not the worst.If we are looking for a manager with an exceptional record whilst on a very tight budget in League one young Fergie is our man.

Billy Davies has a fantastic CV and he would be dismissed as well.

We don't want no Bamfords here. Not as an owner nor as a manager.

As much as I'd like to see Liam be given a chance to manage us next season. Ideally I'd prefer for us to appoint a manager who has an understanding of whats needed to survive in this league. The ability to assemble a squad quickly. Lastly has the charisma to attract a good quality of player, that will give us a good chance of being competitive in what will be a difficult season for us.

23 minutes ago, Patrick Rams said:

Where is he currently ?

I want 100% Rosenoir to be the new manager. 

I want the consistency. I want him to be able to maintain some of the relationships he has built with players including non contracted players.

He deserves the gig. Let’s not forget, a Championship side wanted him as their manager and a few on here are saying he’s not good enough?

Has Mac definitely gone to Man Utd? Would he make a good assistant? Either way - I’m not sure Rosenoir needs lots of experience in the number 2 role - he just needs a very good coach. Maybe a Michael Carrick type individual or maybe someone more offensive minded.

Either way, what worries more is whether we can offer him the job whilst in Administration? Three days (if that’s what the deadline for Clowes is) is three days wasted to get new players in etc

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I want 100% Rosenoir to be the new manager. 

I want the consistency. I want him to be able to maintain some of the relationships he has built with players including non contracted players.

He deserves the gig. Let’s not forget, a Championship side wanted him as their manager and a few on here are saying he’s not good enough?

Has Mac definitely gone to Man Utd? Would he make a good assistant? Either way - I’m not sure Rosenoir needs lots of experience in the number 2 role - he just needs a very good coach. Maybe a Michael Carrick type individual or maybe someone more offensive minded.

Either way, what worries more is whether we can offer him the job whilst in Administration? Three days (if that’s what the deadline for Clowes is) is three days wasted to get new players in etc

I wouldn't have rosenior AND Carrick,  I think we would need someone who knows the lower leagues wether that's someone that can come in under rosenior or wether he is no 2 under a league 1 manager , someone like ferguson or Holloway etc , wouldn't want 2 without managerial experience in what will be a tough season with rebuilds 

3 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I wouldn't have rosenior AND Carrick,  I think we would need someone who knows the lower leagues wether that's someone that can come in under rosenior or wether he is no 2 under a league 1 manager , someone like ferguson or Holloway etc , wouldn't want 2 without managerial experience in what will be a tough season with rebuilds 

I get that but I don’t want a number 2 with managerial experience and the number one being a rookie. There will be a continuous over the shoulder look especially in the not so good times.

If it is LR and Clowes is already speaking to him, I am 100% sure that right now, Rosenoir knows exactly who he wants and is already speaking to that person. He’s a born manager in my opinion.

Im actually just as intrigued as to who Clowes will appoint as CEO.