Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

I don't know whether it will influence anyone to attend, but we can go to watch the under 18s play against Middlesbrough tonight at Pride Park , 6 pm kickoff.

@Brailsford Ram mentioned it a few days ago, but there has been nothing official put out by the Club. Anyway, a friend has rung and we can attend. I'm assuming East Stand as usual. 

It's a nice evening and young Jack Thompson will be playing in goal, hopefully Lennon Wheeldon up front too.

I've not had chance to see the under 18s this season, but they are playing well. 

If you do go, be kind to the young team. It will be the first time for many of them playing at Pride Park.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

I don't know whether it will influence anyone to attend, but we can go to watch the under 18s play against Middlesbrough tonight at Pride Park , 6 pm kickoff.

@Brailsford Ram mentioned it a few days ago, but there has been nothing official put out by the Club. Anyway, a friend has rung and we can attend. I'm assuming East Stand as usual. 

It's a nice evening and young Jack Thompson will be playing in goal, hopefully Lennon Wheeldon up front too.

I've not had chance to see the under 18s this season, but they are playing well. 

If you do go, be kind to the young team. It will be the first time for many of them playing at Pride Park.

I really wish they’d televise these games again on Rams Tv ☹️

Strong side out tonight. Robinson, Hawkins, Brown and Wheeldon all had some involvement with u21s. Fapetu making the step up to u21s next year and Moore had a loan spell at Leek Town last month as he moves up too.  Thompson and Davidson also strong players so should be a good win tonight…

Stopped posting as no-one reading. We won 3-0, two clear penalties and the referee didn't hesitate in giving them. 

The final scoreline was more reflective of the dominance of Derby. Jack was a spectator most of the game but came out with a great save when he needed to.

Good to see the under 18s finish the season strongly.

Fapetu was my MOTM.

On 05/05/2023 at 22:07, angieram said:

Stopped posting as no-one reading. We won 3-0, two clear penalties and the referee didn't hesitate in giving them. 

The final scoreline was more reflective of the dominance of Derby. Jack was a spectator most of the game but came out with a great save when he needed to.

Good to see the under 18s finish the season strongly.

Fapetu was my MOTM.

Good for confordance how under 18s and under 21 both struggled this season but end with couple of win should help them next season.

Any of them look like could step up in next couple of years time.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Good for confordance how under 18s and under 21 both struggled this season but end with couple of win should help them next season.

Any of them look like could step up in next couple of years time.

No, I don't think so yet. Darren Robinson probably the closest in terms of strength and aggression. I think Dujaune Brown needs a season with under 21s. There was a left winger Davidson very quick and scored a fantastic goal, and good to see two taller centrebacks, one of whom interestingly was taking the corner kicks. 

I like the look of the under 18s, a well balanced squad, unlike the 21s this season. Need to see some of those lads playing in a stronger side next year, see what they are capable of as it's hard to judge them on this season's performance. 

Two great young goalkeppers, too. Promising and I've not given up on the Academy yet! 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

No, I don't think so yet. Darren Robinson probably the closest in terms of strength and aggression. I think Dujaune Brown needs a season with under 21s. There was a left winger Davidson very quick and scored a fantastic goal, and good to see two taller centrebacks, one of whom interestingly was taking the corner kicks. 

I like the look of the under 18s, a well balanced squad, unlike the 21s this season. Need to see some of those lads playing in a stronger side next year, see what they are capable of as it's hard to judge them on this season's performance. 

Two great young goalkeppers, too. Promising and I've not given up on the Academy yet! 

How did the U16 left back do Angie? By all accounts he’s one to watch, a lot of clubs after him I’ve heard. 

15 hours ago, angieram said:

I dont get to see under 21s or under 18 games very often.

Some told me on the bus that young polish lad is leaving as he stood next his mum.

23 hours ago, angieram said:

What an evening that was! 

I’ll never forget Sibbo giving it big time to the Arsenal full back, after the 4th I think? He must have riled him but it epitomised Sibleys passion and also the temperament he needed to work on.

Just funny though, I liked it.

22 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

I’ll never forget Sibbo giving it big time to the Arsenal full back, after the 4th I think? He must have riled him but it epitomised Sibleys passion and also the temperament he needed to work on.

Just funny though, I liked it.

Yes, indeed. I fear that in curtailing the temperament,  we've also coached out some of the passion.

56 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, indeed. I fear that in curtailing the temperament,  we've also coached out some of the passion.

He appears to becoming a jack of all trades and a master of none, very sad.