Academy thread 22/23

RoyMac5

It’s not a criticism it was a good game and they played well just a comment that it was 2 young teams and it’s normal for lads to start playing up this time of the year.

With the decisions made on the current second years, the lads moving from first to second year and the new scholars starting next year I think the u18s will be stronger next year than this and some of them like Wheeldon will start to break into the u21s more regularly too as that age group will still be struggling with numbers after the decisions made for that group. 

The u15s and especially the u14s (this season) also have real quality in them so whilst it may take a few years there is still a good future looming for the academy. 

7 hours ago, angieram said:

It doesn't matter, a hat-trick against Liverpool is to be cherished. It's great to see that the younger academy teams seem to have been less affected by the administration than the under 21s.

What on Earth does Twitter think Thompson's doing in the photo to be considered potentially sensitive content!?🤷‍♂️

why..thumb.JPG.82aa2d1c693cc7a9e7b10f5355f17f43.JPG

Edited by Kokosnuss

Full time. Derby 1-2 Buxton. Unfair result on the lads after playing well for most of the game. The odd mistake being our downfall... But that's always going to happen with a team with limited experience. Both of Buxton's goals must have been less than a yard out! 

Most of the players were solid. Standouts for me were Dan Cox in defence (playing well beyond his years!) Kido Taylor-Hart (great close control) and Dajaune Brown (physically strong and quick). 

6 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Most of the players were solid. Standouts for me were Dan Cox in defence (playing well beyond his years!) Kido Taylor-Hart (great close control) and Dajaune Brown (physically strong and quick). 

Robinson was great at the back too, bullied their CFs, Brown showed his promise, Evans calm and made 2 great saves with Hawkins and Cox as two first years showed real quality. Those 5 for me showing the academy still has some real quality in it.