Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

13 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

After spending over 100 million you expect them to get more than 11 points. Have they got the open top bus already booked?

Pushing toward 200 now. Comparable to our total spend, surely anything other than 180 points would be disastrous on a pound for pound basis.

Despite that, they can't make do without their latest free signing who believes any man who wears a shirt supporting gay rights can't be a real man.   I look forward to them posting all over twitter with outrage like they did with Kirchners tweets demanding to know why he's got a contract.  Shall I hold my breath or will I, as I expect, expire in due course. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

What did we spend ? About £12 million? Can’t remember 

Transfermarkt has it at around £20m, £15m net if you also take into account sales. Obviously the football transfer market has gone completely mad since, but even at the time that was one of the lowest spends in the league.

25 minutes ago, JfR said:

Transfermarkt has it at around £20m, £15m net if you also take into account sales. Obviously the football transfer market has gone completely mad since, but even at the time that was one of the lowest spends in the league.

You knew we weren’t going to compete when our record signing was £3.5m. While Sunderland were spending three times that on a goalkeeper.

They used the playoff win and the time between the start of the next season as an excuse.

We had a 10-week break. That’s ample time.

They said we weren’t there just to make up the numbers. But ultimately they didn’t want to spend and our recruitment was limited to Billy Davies former players.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Pushing toward 200 now. Comparable to our total spend, surely anything other than 180 points would be disastrous on a pound for pound basis.

Despite that, they can't make do without their latest free signing who believes any man who wears a shirt supporting gay rights can't be a real man.   I look forward to them posting all over twitter with outrage like they did with Kirchners tweets demanding to know why he's got a contract.  Shall I hold my breath or will I, as I expect, expire in due course. 

Well they aren’t bothered about the possible illegal source of the transfer funds so I doubt that very much 

I must say this has been keeping me up at night.  With everything else happening over the last couple of years it's still on my mind on a constant basis.  Sure everyone has been just as stressed and irritability at home has been noticed.  I'm off to bed with some headache tablets and whale music and hopefully get more than a couple of hours. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

You knew we weren’t going to compete when our record signing was £3.5m. While Sunderland were spending three times that on a goalkeeper.

They used the playoff win and the time between the start of the next season as an excuse.

We had a 10-week break. That’s ample time.

They said we weren’t there just to make up the numbers. But ultimately they didn’t want to spend and our recruitment was limited to Billy Davies former players.

Remember us being in for Kenwyne Jones that summer and Sunderland kept upping the ante by 500k when we made offers. Think we packed it up at 6 million in the end and signed Miller for 3.  To be fair, the only way Gadsby could get the club, was to promise the co op bank 17 million on promotion and then a couple of the consortium wanted there money back immediately as well which wasn't in the script.  Plus an additional 8 million in promotion bonuses that the rest of the squad had increased in their contracts when the January new boys came in- which I recall created a rather inharmonious dressing room at one point and probably cost us second spot.   That 35 million was gone before it was spent.  Shame we didn't push the boat a bit for Nugent at the time for 4.5 instead of Miller mind and why we sold Jones/oakley/howard for what we bought them for in the January when we were clearly staring a Championship campaign in the face the following season god knows.   

7 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I must say this has been keeping me up at night.  With everything else happening over the last couple of years it's still on my mind on a constant basis.  Sure everyone has been just as stressed and irritability at home has been noticed.  I'm off to bed with some headache tablets and whale music and hopefully get more than a couple of hours. 

Amazed we’re ahead of them to be honest, with them being world famous and one of the giants of English football ??

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Amazed we’re ahead of them to be honest, with them being world famous and one of the giants of English football ??

They were bumming around Divisions 2 and 3 for 30 years either side of WW2, getting gates of around 10,000, when we were mostly challenging for the League Championship. 

Interestingly, they had two seasons in Division 3 South at the start of the 1950s, rather than the northern section, which makes them practically cockneys ? 

On 19/08/2022 at 16:17, Van der MoodHoover said:

something i read said that parachute payments something like 45, 30 and 15m. How many of the players will have relegation exit clauses in their contracts? Or did they really join NFFC for the view of some faded 45 year old photos of glory and Trevor Francis' tatty old jock strap? ?

A club receives £100m for finishing bottom, plus a bit more from sponsorship increasing.
The first £30-40m of that will be used up from increasing the wage bill. Leaving them £70-80m short on paying off the transfer fees (£150m). How do they fund that?
If they stay up, they'll use next season's TV money. Then probably spend the following season's money on new signings, etc...
If they go down, parachute payments cover the increased wage bill. They then have to sell '£150m worth of players' for £75m to break even.

14 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Possibly the most useless stat I've ever seen

We’ll, at least that means nobody will ever mention again, the fact that they are the only former European Champions to have dropped to their domestic 3rd division, so this has to go down as a good thing for them, no?  
?

14 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A club receives £100m for finishing bottom, plus a bit more from sponsorship increasing.
The first £30-40m of that will be used up from increasing the wage bill. Leaving them £70-80m short on paying off the transfer fees (£150m). How do they fund that?
If they stay up, they'll use next season's TV money. Then probably spend the following season's money on new signings, etc...
If they go down, parachute payments cover the increased wage bill. They then have to sell '£150m worth of players' for £75m to break even.

Your analysis assumes that they can break even in the championship on their wage bill before Premier league uplift. 

I think they were well short of that last season and would be again as the crowds evaporate. So they'd probably have to oversell.