Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

4 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Does anybody use East Midlands Parkway? - seriously whenever I use the train it stops there and no one gets on or off - I know of little reason to consider using it for those living in and around Derby

There's plans to build a massive housing development nearby, so a rare case of putting infrastructure in place before development. 

I've used it a few times, to and from matches.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Does anybody use East Midlands Parkway? - seriously whenever I use the train it stops there and no one gets on or off - I know of little reason to consider using it for those living in and around Derby

I do. It's very convenient from Castle Donington.

5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Isn’t it meant to be convenient for the airport? Isn’t that the point of a parkway. Like Luton airport parkway. 

I’ve used it a couple of times on trips to London - it’s ok but there are a limited number of trains that stop there on the way back from the smoke, so not as convenient if you’re travelling at rush hour.
Seem to remember parking was significantly cheaper than at Derby station and time wise there wasn’t a huge difference for me as I live on the south edge of the city - probably be better now that junction 24 has been sorted out and (I assume) there aren’t the enormous queues at the end of the A50 every morning…..

1 minute ago, Red_Dawn said:

Happy Zamora day folks! If only you’d win that game.. 🤔

This the day you all have off for a mass wanking session round the Major Oak wearing your Zamora masks. Been 10 years so must be pretty heavily stained by now.  The day we lose at home to Yeovil after winning the away leg is the day you win any playoff argument.  May be a while.

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Happy Zamora day folks! If only you’d win that game.. 🤔

Damn it!  😢

Looks like we've already missed DJ Day (11/05/2010), Pratley Day (16/05/2011), and ... erm... Some part-time hairdresser from Yeovil Day (18/05/2007).

Guess that's the perils of only making it as far as the semi's... the anniversaries just pass you by, what with them being somewhat insignificant.  

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Damn it!  😢

Looks like we've already missed DJ Day (11/05/2010), Pratley Day (16/05/2011), and ... erm... Some part-time hairdresser from Yeovil Day (18/05/2007).

Guess that's the perils of only making it as far as the semi's... the anniversaries just pass you by, what with them being somewhat insignificant.  

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Damn it!  😢

Funny enough.. It all worked out in the end

Just incase you've forgot. 😘

Edited by Red_Dawn

On 23/05/2023 at 17:42, Sparkle said:

if its anything like Southampton Airport Parkway, its a marketing con that you can avoid driving into the congested centre of a city by sticking a station out in the middle of nowhere that you HAVE to drive to and the train company can then rinse you for £15 a day parking.

Back in the terrible old days of nationalised rail twas free on the basis you were already being hosed for the price of a train ticket.......🤣