Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

7 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

I wonder what his next move will be. Can't see too many Prem sides queueing up to take him on and there is definitely a point at which you conclude that a player is just a bit of a cockwomble. He's 31 this year and and players of his type are not going to get any better at that age and just seems to be disappearing up his own arse. A desperate Championship side hoping to rekindle the 'Glory days' ? Thing is, which team is he going to improve that would actually be a move that he'd want ?

In terms of the last couple of games. Reckon you've done enough now RD ? Leicester looked like they'd given up the other night and I can't see them getting anything at Newcastle and I reckon they're gone - looked like some of them were mentally clearing their lockers. Leeds still in with a shout I suppose. Another point to be sure perhaps?

Him and Delli Alli will enter X Factor as a big band. Like Hoddle and Waddle, or Jedward. 

1 hour ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Ling-Alli.  Sounds like somewhere you might meet a “Lady of the Night”.

Yes a bit like “Pat Pong”

21 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

I wonder what his next move will be. Can't see too many Prem sides queueing up to take him on and there is definitely a point at which you conclude that a player is just a bit of a cockwomble. He's 31 this year and and players of his type are not going to get any better at that age and just seems to be disappearing up his own arse. A desperate Championship side hoping to rekindle the 'Glory days' ? Thing is, which team is he going to improve that would actually be a move that he'd want ?

In terms of the last couple of games. Reckon you've done enough now RD ? Leicester looked like they'd given up the other night and I can't see them getting anything at Newcastle and I reckon they're gone - looked like some of them were mentally clearing their lockers. Leeds still in with a shout I suppose. Another point to be sure perhaps?

I don't think so. We could feasibly be back in the bottom three by the end of the weekend. 

Maybe its my natural pessimism but I see both Leeds and Everton winning at least one game. 

Also, Lingard? MLS or somewhere like Turkey. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I don't think so. We could feasibly be back in the bottom three by the end of the weekend. 

Maybe its my natural pessimism but I see both Leeds and Everton winning at least one game. 

Without wishing to give you any undue optimism, 10 games ago the Arsenal game looked like an absolute stinker of a fixture at this crucial phase but their season is falling apart and they know it. Their heads had completely gone against Brighton and they got stuffed. It's about more than just that game though, their last 7 games were DDDLWWL so two wins in 7. You're at home and I reckon you can get something from that cos they know they won't win the title and are just waiting to be put out of their misery by City and they can't slip into 3rd either so they are just making up numbers and in bottom half form.

Leeds and Everton both have games that they could get something out of this weekend but I still reckon if you get a point then that might be enough. Win it and Leeds need to win both after not winning any of the last 7. Leicester don't look like a team that believes that they can do it and are surely gone if things pan out at Newcastle as you'd expect, but then again they have West Ham last day who have nowt to play for. Granted, it's all just stats and probabilities and counts for jack sh*t when 22 blokes start kicking a ball around.

This is all rather weird actually. I haven't really given two sh*ts about the Premier League for a while until you lot were in it and struggling. Sadly, I think you'll get over the line though.

2 hours ago, Alty_Ram said:

Without wishing to give you any undue optimism, 10 games ago the Arsenal game looked like an absolute stinker of a fixture at this crucial phase but their season is falling apart and they know it. Their heads had completely gone against Brighton and they got stuffed. It's about more than just that game though, their last 7 games were DDDLWWL so two wins in 7. You're at home and I reckon you can get something from that cos they know they won't win the title and are just waiting to be put out of their misery by City and they can't slip into 3rd either so they are just making up numbers and in bottom half form.

Leeds and Everton both have games that they could get something out of this weekend but I still reckon if you get a point then that might be enough. Win it and Leeds need to win both after not winning any of the last 7. Leicester don't look like a team that believes that they can do it and are surely gone if things pan out at Newcastle as you'd expect, but then again they have West Ham last day who have nowt to play for. Granted, it's all just stats and probabilities and counts for jack sh*t when 22 blokes start kicking a ball around.

This is all rather weird actually. I haven't really given two sh*ts about the Premier League for a while until you lot were in it and struggling. Sadly, I think you'll get over the line though.

Yes looking like they will just survive as well as next season due to the rubbish going up this season from the championship 

20 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Yes looking like they will just survive as well as next season due to the rubbish going up this season from the championship 

Good to see all three championship sides *potentially* staying up, though right? Nobody would have predicted that start of the season.

24 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Good to see all three championship sides *potentially* staying up, though right? Nobody would have predicted that start of the season.

I think the single most depressing thing that could happen to the Premier League would be nailed on relegation for all newly promoted 'Championship' clubs (as opposed to poor Prem teams just bouncing back). The rest of the pyramid needs the hope that if you get up there that you might just make it stick.

On 19/05/2023 at 01:31, Red_Dawn said:

I had all three going down. I think it goes to show just how bad the teams at the bottom have been.

Leicester finished 8th last season.

Southampton had never been in any real relegation trouble before this season.

You would have thought last season would be a wake-up call for Everton and them to recover somewhat this season.

And Leeds improved greatly under Jesse Marsch last season.

They’ve all underperformed, with Leicester and Southampton vastly underperforming.

Throw in the likes of Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool gifting points - Bournemouth especially have greatly benefitted. They will probably struggle badly next season.

Throw in Luton and Coventry too, and for Forest, there are at least two sides they should be finishing higher than next season IF they stay up.