Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

On 09/08/2023 at 04:39, Bris Vegas said:

I don’t think the gap between the two clubs has been as wide as what it currently is during my lifetime (born in 88). Those 5-0 and 10 men victories were a decade ago now. 

It could be another decade before we even play against each other. Let alone us overtake them.

I feel sorry for the younger generation of Derby fans. I’m lucky to have witnessed the Jim Smith era albeit as a kid. Those who came along in the late 90s onwards have only known caca aside from one fun George Burley season, a fluke promotion under Billy and 18 months of McClaren football.

Animated GIF

Younger generation - don't suffer like these fools. There's Premier League football down the road.. 

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

On the bright side I don’t think we can actually get much lower than this.

Hate to say I told you so, but this league isn't the cake walk you lot made it out to be 12 months ago. 

All the tinpot sides raise their game when the 'big boys' are in town. You can't ever get an away ticket as allocation is always so low. The appeal of new grounds/teams also rubs off pretty quickly once you've failed to get up in that first season down there; which, if you fail to do, can result in you getting stranded for several years. Ask Pompy, Leeds, Sunderland, and us of course. 

I also couldn't get my head around why so many pundits thought you were going to walk it this year. You've an ageing squad, signed a bunch of over the hill players, and lost your best player/goalscorer to a L2 side. Who's replacing the goals that Didsy bought you last year? Waghorn was never that good even during his first stint. 

I think you'll do well to make the playoffs again to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Hate to say I told you so, but this league isn't the cake walk you lot made it out to be 12 months ago. 

All the tinpot sides raise their game when the 'big boys' are in town. You can't ever get an away ticket as allocation is always so low. The appeal of new grounds/teams also rubs off pretty quickly once you've failed to get up in that first season down there; which, if you fail to do, can result in you getting stranded for several years. Ask Pompy, Leeds, Sunderland, and us of course. 

I also couldn't get my head around why so many pundits thought you were going to walk it this year. You've an ageing squad, signed a bunch of over the hill players, and lost your best player/goalscorer to a L2 side. Who's replacing the goals that Didsy bought you last year? Waghorn was never that good even during his first stint. 

I think you'll do well to make the playoffs again to be honest. 

You are going down we are staying down

On 16/08/2023 at 10:18, The_Sheriff said:

You are going down we are staying down

If I was a betting man, I wouldn't put money on either option. Far too early in the season. I will now go against what I've just said. I cannot see Luton or Sheff U surviving. Wolves and Everton are not safe either. We might also see what Kompany is made of with Burnley. Add Bournemouth into the equation with Forest and you might have the bottom seven teams in the Premier League.

As for the Rams, ask me the question again at the end of September or maybe mid October. We might have a better idea by then.