Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

It does. Last year, I said that simply sustaining Derby County as the entity you all know is a success. 

100%. It's easy to forget what an absolute shitshow we endured over the previous couple of years and even if we fall away and don't get a playoff place, we seem to have turned this oil tanker round and it's vital that we keep on applauding the huge progress made just to get us to a situation where we are no longer headline news for all the wrong reasons.

Forest have (so far) regrettably exceeded my expectations and you look to have given yourselves a real chance. It's still tight though and wouldn't take a lot to slide back into trouble but I'm guessing that you lot would have been happy enough with just staying up even if it was by a place or two.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It does. Last year, I said that simply sustaining Derby County as the entity you all know is a success. 

And if it does go tits up for whatever reason, you can always head down Meadow Lane.

Similar colours, similar sized club etc. No worries.. 

Genuine question, but has this season been fun for you watching Forest?

The games you have won, bar Leicester, have all been 1-0 where you have largely been outplayed.

The games you have lost, bar Wolves away, have seen you either hammered or throw away leads at home against the likes of Fulham and Bournemouth.

You spend almost every game second best, struggling to put together any cohesive attacking play, while going into the final 10 minutes you will be wishing for the game to end (either to end a drubbing or cling on to a 1-0 to get all 3 points).

And the worst part is, even if Forest survive, this is what it’s going to be like season upon season until you eventually go down.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

The games you have won, bar Leicester, have all been 1-0 where you have largely been outplayed.

The games you have lost, bar Wolves away, have seen you either hammered or throw away leads at home against the likes of Fulham and Bournemouth.

You spend almost every game second best, struggling to put together any cohesive attacking play, while going into the final 10 minutes you will be wishing for the game to end (either to end a drubbing or cling on to a 1-0 to get all 3 points).

And the worst part is, even if Forest survive, this is what it’s going to be like season upon season until you eventually go down.

Ah, but come on....think of all those fabulous tik-toks they've been treated to.....

we can laugh and poke fun at them but really we dream to be in that situation, to suggest otherwise is just jealousy. the only thing that matters for them is survival this season

you are right it will get boring if they do that season on season but equally league one will get boring very quick if we spend a few years down here. i know whos position i would rather be in.

1 hour ago, alram said:

we can laugh and poke fun at them but really we dream to be in that situation, to suggest otherwise is just jealousy. the only thing that matters for them is survival this season

you are right it will get boring if they do that season on season but equally league one will get boring very quick if we spend a few years down here. i know whos position i would rather be in.

I can honestly say I have never dreamt about being where forest are.

3 hours ago, alram said:

I’d love to be in the Premier League doing a Brighton. They have an amazing scouting network and recruitment policy where they target young players with huge potential and happily sell them on to the big boys for silly money.

They’re fearless. Play attacking football. Can beat the better sides and look a good bet for a European run.

But Forest? Or Palace, Leeds, Southampton etc?

I’d rather watch my team play attacking, winning football in a lower league than survival football at the top.

Football is about entertainment. What is entertaining about clinging on to 1-0s hoping the game ends? I’d rather be winning 4-0 hoping the ref adds on another 10 minutes of time added on so we can get a fifth.

I’d rather watch my team play attacking, winning football in a lower league than survival football at the top.

Football is about entertainment. What is entertaining about clinging on to 1-0s hoping the game ends? I’d rather be winning 4-0 hoping the ref adds on another 10 minutes of time added on so we can get a fifth.

I don't think the ten thousand odd plastic fans who suddenly crawled out of the woodwork would necessarily agree with you

7 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Banter aside - 2021-23 has been the absolute best years (?) of my life as a football fan. Starting with the Euros, Steve Cooper turning around the worst start in what, a a hundred years, to gaining promotion. Remaining competitive in the PL and winning games? Up until recently nobody had taken more points than Forest in 2023. All under the best manager we’ve had since the big man. 

You do make me laugh Bris. Last year you were probably the most sensible poster on here, and now.. it’s an absolute cope job. Forest are terrible, they can’t keep getting wins, oh it must be terrible being in the PL. Much better beating Lincoln and Morecombe in L1 ?‍♂️

Ask any NFFC fan. We’re on cloud 9 now. Of course we’ll get a few hidings, but this our our first year back. Survival is the only thing that matters immediately after promotion. You can build in the following years. 

8 hours ago, Gaspode said:

That's the crux of the matter - if we don't get promoted this season, it's not the end of the world - if the dogs get relegated after spaffing so much money on average players, they may well be completely stuffed - and it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch....

With all due respect - you’ve literally been saying this for years. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Banter aside - 2021-23 has been the absolute best years (?) of my life as a football fan. Starting with the Euros, Steve Cooper turning around the worst start in what, a a hundred years, to gaining promotion. Remaining competitive in the PL and winning games? Up until recently nobody had taken more points than Forest in 2023. All under the best manager we’ve had since the big man. 

You do make me laugh Bris. Last year you were probably the most sensible poster on here, and now.. it’s an absolute cope job. Forest are terrible, they can’t keep getting wins, oh it must be terrible being in the PL. Much better beating Lincoln and Morecombe in L1 ?‍♂️

Ask any NFFC fan. We’re on cloud 9 now. Of course we’ll get a few hidings, but this our our first year back. Survival is the only thing that matters immediately after promotion. You can build in the following years. 

Forest are terrible by PL standards. Almost every game, second best, defending all the time, time-wasting at every opportunity. Your goal of the month compilations regularly exist of a bobbling three-yard finish from a corner or a penalty. Haven’t you only scored about 4 away goals all season? We’re in March now.

I’m glad you are enjoying it though.

Said it before. Forest were and still are a far better addition to the PL than the likes of Watford, Huddersfield or Burnley.

And in fairness Forest are in their first season back.

I imagine it will wear off though. 

8 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I question if you are a Forest fan at all, best manager since Clough lol. Cooper has not done a better job than Frank Clark, no where near, granted he could go on too, but no signs yet. Plus relegation isn't settled yet, despite you're confidence.

4 hours ago, I am Ram said:

I question if you are a Forest fan at all, best manager since Clough lol. Cooper has not done a better job than Frank Clark, no where near, granted he could go on too, but no signs yet. Plus relegation isn't settled yet, despite you're confidence.

Auto correct, innit. 

He meant Big Ron, not big man.

5 hours ago, I am Ram said:

He/she/they is a rams fan he/she/they knows it and so do we. 

15 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

With all due respect - you’ve literally been saying this for years. 

I quite literally haven't....though I congratulate you on your attempt to deflect from the points I made. If you do get relegated, I'd advise you to keep up with the ostrich impression while your world turns to crap....

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I quite literally haven't....though I congratulate you on your attempt to deflect from the points I made. If you do get relegated, I'd advise you to keep up with the ostrich impression while your world turns to crap....

Ostrich Avestruz GIF by Amnistía Internacional España

Same ostrich impression they give when questioned about the owners alleged dodgy activities 

22 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

All under the best manager we’ve had since the big man

I am Ram picked up on this first but I do wonder is Frank Clark just underrated by Forest fans or did he leave under a massive cloud or something? It's not the first time I've heard him overlooked by them (Wee Billy was the previous "Best since Clough").

Saying that I get the enthusiasm I suppose, when Jim Smith was masterminding 3-0 wins against future champions Arsenal, winning at Fergies Old Trafford, being the last team defeated at home (97-98), and we had future world cup semi finalists in our team, Dave Mackays, and Arthur Cox's achievements may have been overlooked in the rush to earn the 'best since Clough' mantle from some of our younger fans. Cooper has achieved no less I guess.

Just now, Pontius Pilate said:

We really wouldn't. 

Why.  You shot you're entire bolt of promotion and parachute money on one years fees and wages.  Probably more now you committed 15 million quid in transfer fees and another 4.5 fee in loan fee and wages for a donkey on a one year contract.  Please don't give us any blurb about future assets.  Firstly,  you never get what you paid on relegation and secondly, I'll give you a pound coin from a pavement covered in dog s*** for Neco Williams this evening.  You'll never get a better return on that 18 million.  

I'll take Worrall as well but will want 50p change.