Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

Very surprised to see that they flew to Blackpool on Saturday, makes something of a mockery of their 'green' partnership with e-on to 'drive climate change awareness'. I realise it's not just them that are flying to games but it's obviously convenient to use them as an example - Not only is it extremely environmentally unfriendly, it doesn't make any sense, I just don't see the benefit. They were back 'on  the stand' at EMA at 19:25 on Saturday, that's more than 2.5 hours after their thrashing ended. Best case that has them at their training ground well over 3 hours after the match, quite similar to how long a coach may take. It's madness.

22 minutes ago, angieram said:

Interesting that he couldn't even explain why they did it for this game. It can hardly be because they have a home game tomorrow. 

Good that they're going to ask fans to make a sacrifice though for club PR purposes..... ? 

I must've driven tens of thousands of miles on the basis that transfer to airport, going through airport check in, security, boarding, flight, pick up luggage, transfer to destination is marginal saving on time at best and massively inconvenient. In the UK unless it's one end to the other there really isn't much of a case for it.

And yeah "all the prem clubs do it" just means all the prem clubs are being rather stupid because they can be.....I'm not particularly picking on forest for this one, it's a bad example but it's really not a great way of getting to matches.

14 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I must've driven tens of thousands of miles on the basis that transfer to airport, going through airport check in, security, boarding, flight, pick up luggage, transfer to destination is marginal saving on time at best and massively inconvenient. In the UK unless it's one end to the other there really isn't much of a case for it.

And yeah "all the prem clubs do it" just means all the prem clubs are being rather stupid because they can be.....I'm not particularly picking on forest for this one, it's a bad example but it's really not a great way of getting to matches.

100% They could have got home quicker on a coach, it makes no sense whatsoever. I would love to know the thinking behind it, I suspect it's a lot to do with the ego of players and clubs, basically 'because they can'.

This would also have cost north of £50k - The ATR 72-600 is not a small plane.....

I'll reiterate, it probably took them longer to get home this way, bonkers.

52 minutes ago, Mihangel said:

100% They could have got home quicker on a coach, it makes no sense whatsoever. I would love to know the thinking behind it, I suspect it's a lot to do with the ego of players and clubs, basically 'because they can'.

This would also have cost north of £50k - The ATR 72-600 is not a small plane.....

I'll reiterate, it probably took them longer to get home this way, bonkers.

And it’s just such a massive faff for the sake of sitting on a plane for 20 mins. I’d much rather just jump on the bus and get my head down for 2 or 3 hours, rather than constantly ‘on the bus, off the bus’ every 10 minutes. 

I watched the Blackpool fan blog on YouTube last night, the same one that covered our match last season. It was hilarious watching the red massive falling over themselves to get out after the third goal. By the final whistle there was hardly anyone left. The guy was very complimentary to us during and after our game, a lot less so to their fans. Forest fans singing “ we’ll leave when we want “. Can’t seem to find it now , if someone can post a link it’s worth a watch.

3 hours ago, Foreveram said:

I watched the Blackpool fan blog on YouTube last night, the same one that covered our match last season. It was hilarious watching the red massive falling over themselves to get out after the third goal. By the final whistle there was hardly anyone left. The guy was very complimentary to us during and after our game, a lot less so to their fans. Forest fans singing “ we’ll leave when we want “. Can’t seem to find it now , if someone can post a link it’s worth a watch.

Bet the fans were home before the players.