Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

5 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I'm not sure I agree,  @Loughborough Ram, but that's what this forum is about, different opinions. I think, as a long-term approach, it is risky though Fulham have done similar, got relegated & then promoted (yo-yo club). Forest are probably benefiting from that link to Olympiacos, though problems could arise if rules here ever get tightened up.

You're right about the financial disparities between the top division & Champ'ship as the root of so many problems, but even FFP affects things in the PL as seen by what is happening at Leicester.

I have to say, having seen Derby lurch from one financial crisis to another, from boom to bust, I'd be concerned if it was us spending  such sums on fees & wages that are beginning to eclipse what Morris incurred & got us into such difficulty. It was already a concern watching us spend £10m on two midfielders even if it appeared exciting.

So, in some ways, Forest may get to enjoy short-term glamour, but end up paying for it in the longer term, and perhaps on a far bigger scale than what happened to us.

It will all go TU when the law catch up with Marinikas although he seems to have Trumps Teflon capacity for avoiding justice so far. Apparently the PL are investigating where his funds come from as part of their fit and proper persons check. Let’s hope it’s better than the EFL one 

10 minutes ago, Asanovic70 said:

I have to say, having seen Derby lurch from one financial crisis to another, from boom to bust, I'd be concerned if it was us spending  such sums on fees & wages that are beginning to eclipse what Morris incurred & got us into such difficulty. It was already a concern watching us spend £10m on two midfielders even if it appeared exciting.

The TikTok stars wages alone must put them close to the entire wage spend under Mels Tenure. 

I guess it’s because I have never lived closer than a 100 miles from Derby, but really don’t get why there is any interest in what Notts are up to other than if we are playing them, or they are competing with us at the top or bottom of the table. We are now two leagues apart. Don’t get me wrong I hope they fail miserably, and that we are playing them again next season, but this will be my last bit of oxygen used on them till April 2023.

They are seemingly having very easy negotiations to get these deals done, suppose it helps when you rate every player to lace up a pair of boots at £15 million plus add ons.

It might work for them, sets a dangerous precedent for the next teams to get promoted when it becomes the minimum spend on a transfer for any player.

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

If they get this guy in then where are they going to play him along with all of the other signings they've made? There are going to be some disgruntled players for sure.

Wow he has fallen off the tracks a bit hasn’t he? Once starred against Man City in the Champions League, linked with Arsenal and a £50m move.

Now on the verge of signing for Forest to link up with Jack Colback…