CB Tomori Guehi 

LB Chilwell 

CDM Rice

CM Bellingham 

ACM Mount

CF Kane

LW Foden

RW Sancho 

I actually think we lack depth in quite a few positions. Kane gets mentioned a lot, but we don't really have a crop of quality cdms either. 

We've been exposed after a couple of injuries at lb 

Sancho might seem random after his poor season with man u but up to that point he was a developing talent. Sterling is an ok alternative. 

I appreciate I've chosen yet another CB pairing but we need to find a pair that can tackle, pass forward and who are mobile to cover the ground. 

Walker would be OK for James. Maybe James Justin for Chilwell. 

What's yours then @sage

2 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I'd like to see us develop a 433 as a default 

GK don't mind, any of pickford, ramsdale etc

RB James 

CB Tomori Guehi 

LB Chilwell 

CDM Rice

CM Bellingham 

ACM Mount

CF Kane

LW Foden

RW Sancho 

I actually think we lack depth in quite a few positions. Kane gets mentioned a lot, but we don't really have a crop of quality cdms either. 

We've been exposed after a couple of injuries at lb 

Sancho might seem random after his poor season with man u but up to that point he was a developing talent. Sterling is an ok alternative. 

I appreciate I've chosen yet another CB pairing but we need to find a pair that can tackle, pass forward and who are mobile to cover the ground. 

Walker would be OK for James. Maybe James Justin for Chilwell. 

What's yours then @sage

This is not aimed specifically at you but I find it bizarre how people criticise Southgate thinking he is holding us back from winning these tournaments but then say he should be selecting the likes of Guehi and James Justin. At elite international level some of these players haven't got the experience or quality. This is why Walker, Stones, Kane, Sterling, Maguire, Pickford are so important to this England side and have been the core of the team over the last few years.

Pickford
Trent  Stones  Tomori  Chilwell
                    Rice
          Mount     Bellingham
Foden                            Grealish
                    Kane

Initial squad of 26 (which I believe is likely for this World Cup):
Ramsdale, Pope, James, Walker, Maguire, Guehi, Shaw, Henderson, Ward-Prowse, Gallagher, Sancho, Saka, Sterling, Abraham, Calvert-Lewin

Hope to see Sancho hit the ground running under Ten Hag. If he does, he would go right into the starting line up. The Tomori pick isn't just bias, either. He's really mobile and naturally left sided, which we miss at international level a lot of the time.

Pickford

Walker     Stones        Maguire       Shaw

Rice

Mount           Foden

Sterling            Kane           Grealish

That team has the right balance of experience, leadership, attacking intent and defensive solidity. It gets our most dangerous players into a formation they will be comfortable with.

Edited by Rammy03

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Pickford

Walker     Stones        Maguire       Shaw

Rice

Mount           Foden

Sterling            Kane           Grealish

That team has the right balance of experience, attacking intent and defensive solidity. It gets our most dangerous players into a formation they will be comfortable with.

Everybody's talkin bout pop muzik.

I think our best XI is Pickford, TAA, Walker, Stones, Tomori, Chillwell, Rice, Henderson, Sterling, Grealish, Kane in a 523 with attacking wingbacks. TAA and Chillwell could be given plenty of license to get forward with the pace of Walker and Tomori to cover the spaces behind. Rice and Henderson as two energetic midfielders.

I know it seems harsh on Mount but he is almost shoehorned into an attacking role because of his pressing off the ball rather than being played as the furthest forward of a midfield three. If we went 433 I’d have him in the team and drop either Walker of TAA.

On 15/06/2022 at 05:57, Van der MoodHoover said:

What's yours then @sage

Pickford

James    Tomori     Maguire  Trippier

Bellingham         Rice 

Mount

Foden.                            Sterling

Kane

I'm picking one or two reluctantly and as a midfield Mount would be more of an 8 than a 10 and Bellingham more breaking to an 8 from deeper. 

image.png.7eded0a7ecc5e5b68c5eeed2a5001da2.png

Ward-Prowse is one of the most underrated players in the PL.

As much as some might try to think otherwise, England are primarily a set-piece team and should just embrace it. Get the big lads on the pitch with Ward-Prowse on delivery.

Not sure why Dier isn't even in the squad as he's been the best English CB in the PL this season playing in a back 3 and he's deceptively quick as well. It's just a trend to hate Maguire at the moment but he usually plays well for England. Could play Tomori for a bit more pace.