Pickford

Walker     Stones        Maguire       Shaw

Rice

Mount           Foden

Sterling            Kane           Grealish

My team exactly

10 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

image.png.7eded0a7ecc5e5b68c5eeed2a5001da2.png

Ward-Prowse is one of the most underrated players in the PL.

As much as some might try to think otherwise, England are primarily a set-piece team and should just embrace it. Get the big lads on the pitch with Ward-Prowse on delivery.

Not sure why Dier isn't even in the squad as he's been the best English CB in the PL this season playing in a back 3 and he's deceptively quick as well. It's just a trend to hate Maguire at the moment but he usually plays well for England. Could play Tomori for a bit more pace.

Mount actually had morr assists from corners and freekicks last season. Saka, TAA and Bowen matched Ward-Prowse's total.

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

The team to win the World Cup 

Pickford

Walker     Stones        Maguire       Shaw

Rice

Mount           Foden

Sterling            Kane           Grealish

That team would most likely end up with 0 midfield. Rice will be instructed to stay deep to protect Maguire who is too slow and not good enough positionally - see hungarys 4th the other night 

Mount and Foden would both naturally advance and there will be nobody between so we'd end up with a 505.

3 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

That team would most likely end up with 0 midfield. Rice will be instructed to stay deep to protect Maguire who is too slow and not good enough positionally - see hungarys 4th the other night 

Mount and Foden would both naturally advance and there will be nobody between so we'd end up with a 505.

And how beautiful would that be using our young talented attack minded generation and taking the game to the opposition instead of sitting back all negative. 

Please don’t tell me you’d play two holding midfielders? Like Southgate do you wear a high vis vest  and safety glasses when taking out the bins? ?

18 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

And how beautiful would that be using our young talented attack minded generation and taking the game to the opposition instead of sitting back all negative. 

Please don’t tell me you’d play two holding midfielders? Like Southgate do you wear a high vis vest  and safety glasses when taking out the bins? ?

No I don't want 2 cdms. The issue then is that Maguire becomes a liability. He's not mobile enough - he was ball watching, completely unaware of the midfield runner and hopelessly slow to react as Hungary made him look a donkey. 

So upgrade Maguire then you can operate a single pivot (rice) and a more attacking midfield 3.

My preferred 11 has Bellingham in midfield and Foden up front instead of grealish but otherwise is similar.

But what I've gleaned from Southgates comments is that it will be 4231 with Maguire in protected by rice and Phillips most likely......

?

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

No I don't want 2 cdms. The issue then is that Maguire becomes a liability. He's not mobile enough - he was ball watching, completely unaware of the midfield runner and hopelessly slow to react as Hungary made him look a donkey. 

So upgrade Maguire then you can operate a single pivot (rice) and a more attacking midfield 3.

My preferred 11 has Bellingham in midfield and Foden up front instead of grealish but otherwise is similar.

But what I've gleaned from Southgates comments is that it will be 4231 with Maguire in protected by rice and Phillips most likely......

?

Bellingham is a talent but I do think he’s still to inconsistent at international level, maybe a couple more years (imo but that’s often wrong). I have faith in Maguire, he’s out of form, but I think he’ll come good again. 

15 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Mount actually had morr assists from corners and freekicks last season. Saka, TAA and Bowen matched Ward-Prowse's total.

5 hours ago, DCFC Kicks said:

That's because he plays for Southampton. I think he's more than just a set-piece taker anyway.

Fairly sure JWP scored more goals from set pieces than Saka, TAA, Bowen, and Mount put together though.