Sibleys girlfriend attacked.

Rev

16 hours ago, seths-cap said:

The best form of martial arts for a female I would argue would be Jiu Jitsu but I don’t think there’s many martial arts that can prepare you for dealing with 2 on 1. Maybe if you’ve got a size/ability advantage but overall in these situations I was alway advised to run. 

Hopefully her mental and physical bruises will fade quickly and it won’t dent her confidence. 

I think you will find it will dent her confidence it will take a long time to build that up again.

5 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

You've obviously never drunk in The Thurland Hall which is the bottom end of Hockley.

Or the Dog and Partridge opposite the Vic Centre. Or the Bentnick Hotel before it got turned into a coffee shop which was opposite the station.

The rough, crap pubs in Nottingham are not just confined to Upper Parliament Street.

Nope. Papa Bins, Browns, venue 44 or 55 or something, Kool Kats, Venus etc was my scene.

3 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

Nope. Papa Bins, Browns, venue 44 or 55 or something, Kool Kats, Venus etc was my scene.

Showing your age now ? 

They all closed down yonks ago.

But you're still as likely to get filled in anywhere else in Nottingham city centre on a Friday or Saturday night as in Upper Parliament Street was my original point.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I think you will find it will dent her confidence it will take a long time to build that up again.

Possibly, but that depends on the person doesn’t it, we’re not all the same. For example continuous verbal criticism can have a effect on me but when I got stabbed on a night out, that passed over me like water off a ducks back. Was back out down the pub the next night. 

5 minutes ago, seths-cap said:

Possibly, but that depends on the person doesn’t it, we’re not all the same. For example continuous verbal criticism can have a effect on me but when I got stabbed on a night out, that passed over me like water off a ducks back. Was back out down the pub the next night. 

Well me it would knock me right back and even in that photo she looked shaken and upset.

14 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well me it would knock me right back and even in that photo she looked shaken and upset.

She wasn’t really going to look any other way was she, it’s shock, it’s normal. It’s what follows that’s important, depending on her mentality and the support she receives she could introvert, extrovert of it could have no effect at all.

Fingers crossed she recovers mentally and physically asap and the perpetrators brought to justice and punished accordingly.

Just now, seths-cap said:

She wasn’t really going to look any other way was she, it’s shock, it’s normal. It’s what follows that’s important, depending on her mentality and the support she receives she could introvert, extrovert of it could have no effect at all.

Fingers crossed she recovers mentally and physically asap and the perpetrators brought to justice and punished accordingly.

Well my school days took me years to get over but sadly bits still remain sadly bullies wrecked my life.

7 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Showing your age now ? 

They all closed down yonks ago.

But you're still as likely to get filled in anywhere else in Nottingham city centre on a Friday or Saturday night as in Upper Parliament Street was my original point.

I think it's possibly the case all over that random acts of violence like this are a bit more frequent. I've no doubt that coke and steroids are a factor in many cases, as much as alcohol was often behind such attacks years ago. 

I used to go out in Notts regularly in the late 70s and early 80s : MC&F Alehouse, Old Trip, Langtry's, Playhouse Bar, Yates', Old Bell, Flying Horse, Brown's, to name a few, then clubbing, usually at Annabel's, even ending some nights singing "when you're tired and weary" in Slab Square ? Never had a whiff of trouble, apart from one night when some blokes called my mate the 'P' word in a kebab shop. Even that ended peacefully. 

12 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well my school days took me years to get over but sadly bits still remain sadly bullies wrecked my life.

B4 - don’t let that be the case. I know it’s easy but me to say, but you’re better than that. 
I don’t always agree with your posts (I love the pink shirts ?) but your enthusiasm for Derby County is an inspiration. 
You have friends on here who will stick up for you. Think about them rather than the bullies. 

15 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I think parts of all experiences will remain, they mould us and we learn from them. They design the wiring in our heads but it is possible to re-wire them, it’s just very difficult. 

I had it from 8-16, we moved all the time, I was always the new kid, never had a group during school, left me with a stupid habit of trying too hard to fit in. I’ve dealt with it since, had to acknowledge it first, took a while to break but with persistence it went. Might have gone too far though as now I could give a s**t ?

Edited by seths-cap

4 hours ago, ck- said:

B4 - don’t let that be the case. I know it’s easy but me to say, but you’re better than that. 
I don’t always agree with your posts (I love the pink shirts ?) but your enthusiasm for Derby County is an inspiration. 
You have friends on here who will stick up for you. Think about them rather than the bullies. 

You never went through what I did mate you got no idea what it was like.